Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

covid19 triumph for trump

the13bats

5 hours ago, and then said:

You summed up Trump's communication issue.  He's got an odd way of explaining things and when you add to that a media that parses every word like a zealous prosecuting attorney, you get the venom these guys love to wallow in.  It's actually an unhealthy place to live but they are having a ball with it.

Trumps communication skills are genius. He speaks to the whole audience. He purposely avoids using academic words so everybody understands. Academics hate this.  It burns their ego. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Trumps communication skills are genius. He speaks to the whole audience. He purposely avoids using academic words so everybody understands. Academics hate this.  It burns their ego. 

Oh, yeah, I've seen so many academics saying that....  Google "Trump's language" and see how positively others speak about him.............
I guess Obama's in control of the Interwebz too.  Or is it Hilary?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 19_Kilo said:

Just curious, mate: when was the last year or so that you think the UK was considered a Super Power? 

After Suez.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Our central government isn't controlling or directing anything.  It's not even putting out a set of standards for anyone to follow... which it should have been doing all along.  We can't deal with this without a coordinated policy.

It's like trying to fight a massive wildfire with 500 individual teams who aren't coordinating with each other or sharing supplies or information.  While the fire will eventually burn out, it will be controlled a lot more quickly if someone steps in and gives everyone a set of rules to follow and communication lines so that when help is needed in one area, everything can be shifted to fight it better.

Hmm.. interesting. I was under the impression that - as an almost constitutional matter - the individual States respond to disease outbreaks, taking advice from the CDC, not the White House ? President Trump COULD over-ride them I would imagine, but only by declaring a state of emergency to the point of directly controlling the states. I'm not sure that's within his powers, but even if it was, the media and the Democrats would SCREAM about over-reach and tyranny. And probably Russia. 

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

...... The reason we have the largest infection rate and death rate in the World is because .....

Ummm.... is that right ? I thought - pro-rata - the the US was on a par with most other countries ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Oh, yeah, I've seen so many academics saying that....  Google "Trump's language" and see how positively others speak about him.............
I guess Obama's in control of the Interwebz too.  Or is it Hilary?

Yeeeeesss... ummm.... @acidhead DID say that "academics hate this", so it is hardly likely that academics would agree ? :P 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. interesting. I was under the impression that - as an almost constitutional matter - the individual States respond to disease outbreaks, taking advice from the CDC, not the White House ? President Trump COULD over-ride them I would imagine, but only by declaring a state of emergency to the point of directly controlling the states. I'm not sure that's within his powers, but even if it was, the media and the Democrats would SCREAM about over-reach and tyranny. And probably Russia. 

Ummm.... is that right ? I thought - pro-rata - the the US was on a par with most other countries ? 

Are you joking PRORATE how does that bring back more than 90,000 human beings, or comfort their families. I have seen the prorated statistics poste by Mister Wynn, and the Cookie Monster. If that is the way you choose to look at deaths in the UK, that's fine by me, but that isn't the way people thinking in a logical manner would consider counting their dead countrymen.

Peace Roofy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

OUTSTANDING  :tu:

How can youall, but on Trump like that, I thought you had his back!!:tu:

Peace Duncan 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

That might make sense IF every word he said wasn't intentionally cast as stupid or evil.  Half the country understands him just fine and can get a chuckle out of his word salads but you guys are obsessed to the point of mania and it hurts no one but YOU.  The rest of us got bored with the fainting couch sisters a LONG time ago.  But hey, whatever gets you through the day.

So are you saying that he tosses peoples Salads? I mean its ok if he rolls that way, I just wasn't aware of it!!:rolleyes:

Peace

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Are you joking PRORATE how does that bring back more than 90,000 human beings, or comfort their families. I have seen the prorated statistics poste by Mister Wynn, and the Cookie Monster. If that is the way you choose to look at deaths in the UK, that's fine by me, but that isn't the way people thinking in a logical manner would consider counting their dead countrymen.

Peace Roofy

Umm.. it shows that the steps that the USA have taken to control the impact of Covid-19 are on a par with the rest of the world ? You may criticise the administration in absolute terms, but - like I said - if I understand it correctly, the USA is neither significantly better or worse than - say - most European countries ? 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

The USA is at 280.59 deaths per million, which is better than Eire, The Netherlands, Sweden, France, Italy, Belgium, Spain and the United Kingdom. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Michelle said:

Nice try...I'm not a Trump supporter per se. Although, I do enjoy stimulating conversation with actual facts and not strictly bloviating.

Typical, for anti-Trumpers to accuse someone of being a trumpette for requesting facts to back up their accusations. Anyone who doesn't agree with them is written off as such.

Really, its getting to the point where Trump Supports don't even answer posts when they quote you. If the above is true about people who act like that if you don't agree with them, it appears that some forum members must be learning a trick or two from you and other Trump supporters. Just yesterday I saw a post by a member who doesn't support the President, state that the member he was quoting was a hater and a Globalist now that's taking a page out of your play book.:yes: That is the first time I have ever seen a non-Trump supporter use those words, what do you think about that?

Peace Michelle

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. it shows that the steps that the USA have taken to control the impact of Covid-19 are on a par with the rest of the world ? You may criticise the administration in absolute terms, but - like I said - if I understand it correctly, the USA is neither significantly better or worse than - say - most European countries ?                                                                Which you don't.;)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

The USA is at 280.59 deaths per million, which is better than Eire, The Netherlands, Sweden, France, Italy, Belgium, Spain and the United Kingdom. 

Umm - You see you don't understand IT CORRECTLY and that's the entire problem please tell me who says we are suppose to use that method of counting? Don't say Statista.com.

Our President doesn't use that method of counting, the CDC doesn't use that method of counting, the Who doesn't use that method of counting dam even the UK doesn't count deaths' using that method. The only people who would choose to count deaths in that manner, are people who are very very sensitive and embarrassed about how many of their citizens have died. The only reason to do so is to make yourself feel better, because the death rate shrinks, but that brings no one back and it doesn't change anything.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I'd have thought in the US people could purchase their own test kits. Why didnt people buy their own kit.? 

It's not like you have universal healthcare as we see with the NHS. 

Why ask President Trump that question, don't ask me I don't have any false information to push. I have Universal Health care from the Government, so what are saying?

I will wait for a reply, but I won't hold my breath ;) because I don't want to die.;)

Peace under and through and over and out.:tu:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Why ask President Trump that question, don't ask me I don't have any false information to push. I have Universal Health care from the Government, so what are saying?

I will wait for a reply, but I won't hold my breath ;) because I don't want to die.;)

Peace under and through and over and out.:tu:

I'm surprised, you have all the answers, but cant answer why individuals don't buy the tests themselves. instead sitting back and moaning waiting for the Govt. unusual for American society who prides itself on having a distant relationship and reliance on the Govt.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I'm surprised, you have all the answers, but cant answer why individuals don't buy the tests themselves. instead sitting back and moaning waiting for the Govt. unusual for American society who prides itself on having a distant relationship and reliance on the Govt.

Smily fart.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. it shows that the steps that the USA have taken to control the impact of Covid-19 are on a par with the rest of the world ? You may criticise the administration in absolute terms, but - like I said - if I understand it correctly, the USA is neither significantly better or worse than - say - most European countries ? 

You are correct, but that doesn't help with the narrative and agenda being pushed.

• Confused 1

@Manwon Lender Funny, lost for words. but that's because we both know the answer, and it doesn't suit your agenda.

• Confused 1

Just now, stevewinn said:

@Manwon Lender Funny, lost for words. but that's because we both know the answer, and it doesn't suit your agenda.

smiley face.gif

• Like 1

You are correct, but that doesn't help with the narrative and agenda being pushed.

Steve your commentary is weak, your stance is weak, and I really feel sorry for you. I hope you find some comfort because we both know that's all you are really trying to do.:tu:

Peace

• Like 1

@Manwon Lender Its okay you know, when you have no comeback, you don't have to reply to every post you can admit defeat by simply walking away. but i guess you've done that with your emojis.

oh hang on, as im typing i've been alerted you've posted again. lets see what does it contain. oh. yes. nothing. that's three replies from the unanswerable post, keep walking. i've shot your fox

• Confused 1

@Manwon Lender Its okay you know, when you have no comeback, you don't have to reply to every post you can admit defeat by simply walking away. but i guess you've done that with your emojis.

oh hang on, as im typing i've been alerted you've posted again. lets see what does it contain. oh. yes. nothing. that's three replies from the unanswerable post, keep walking. i've shot your fox

Here I have answered your question, go have a drink at the pub with your buddies

Peace

protestors mich1.jpg

There waiting for you Steve, don't let down.:lol:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

Going through the posts all I see is negativity from the usual anti-Trump culprits.

Is Trump perfect? no.

Is Trump the totally incompetent monster the left constantly make him out to be? no.

He has his positives and negatives just like everyone else. He has done some good things as president and his main strength is he shines at economics. He is also strong enough to give the American public what they really want, that is populist policies. While I find the guy funny and entertaining, his main weakness is he says too many things that wind people up. Thats partly why the American public were basically split 50/50 at the last election. He would have upset many women with his comments costing him a 55/45 victory. Thats his punishment for not considering everyone in the centre which have no political allegiance towards the Republicans or Democrats.

With Coronavirus I hate to point it out but he is doing quite well. I would say to those who hate upon him to take a look at how other countries are managing Coronavirus. Trump is not bottom of the pack, or anywhere near it. He is doing well once we take into consideration the size of the US population. If we scale up UK, France, and Italy figures by a factor of 5.2 so our population matches the American one, then the USA has a low death rate. The developing world is now seeing its cases accelerate and they are going to drift up to the top of the table soon.

For those who like to see Trump in a wholly negative light you might want to prepare yourself as he is clear favourite to win the 2020 election. That is looking at neutral media outlets from around the world.

I personally think the only country on the planet doing the right thing with Coronavirus is Sweden. That is no lockdown, just let it go through the population. I say that because scientists state the chances of a vaccination any time soon are small, and by the time one emerges we will have herd immunity anyway. The only lockdown countries should be doing are keeping the elderly inside and those with underlying health problems. The rest of us are unlikely to die from Coronavirus so we are just running up our national debts for little gain.

In fact, I would advocate an even more controversial approach than that. That is, actually give everyone in the country except those in the at risk groups the virus to get it over and done with. Death cannot be prevented in everyone. Dragging it out causes not only the same death but higher national debts. We should brace ourselves, and take the hit like the typical stiff upper lipped Englishman and Englishwomen that we are. If we have to take a hit for our country then so be it! For Britain!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Steve I really feel sorry for you so here is song that was written with you in mind, I hope you learn something from this.

Peace

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Going through the posts all I see is negativity from the usual anti-Trump culprits.

Is Trump perfect? no.

Is Trump the totally incompetent monster the left constantly make him out to be? no.

He has his positives and negatives just like everyone else. He has done some good things as president and his main strength is he shines at economics. He is also strong enough to give the American public what they really want, that is populist policies. While I find the guy funny and entertaining, his main weakness is he says too many things that wind people up. Thats partly why the American public were basically split 50/50 at the last election. He would have upset many women with his comments costing him a 55/45 victory. Thats his punishment for not considering everyone in the centre which have no political allegiance towards the Republicans or Democrats.

With Coronavirus I hate to point it out but he is doing quite well. I would say to those who hate upon him to take a look at how other countries are managing Coronavirus. Trump is not bottom of the pack, or anywhere near it. He is doing well once we take into consideration the size of the US population. If we scale up UK, France, and Italy figures by a factor of 5.2 so our population matches the American one, then the USA has a low death rate. The developing world is now seeing its cases accelerate and they are going to drift up to the top of the table soon.

For those who like to see Trump in a wholly negative light you might want to prepare yourself as he is clear favourite to win the 2020 election. That is looking at neutral media outlets from around the world.

I personally think the only country on the planet doing the right thing with Coronavirus is Sweden. That is no lockdown, just let it go through the population. I say that because scientists state the chances of a vaccination any time soon are small, and by the time one emerges we will have herd immunity anyway. The only lockdown countries should be doing are keeping the elderly inside and those with underlying health problems. The rest of us are unlikely to die from Coronavirus so we are just running up our national debts for little gain.

In fact, I would advocate an even more controversial approach than that. That is, actually give everyone in the country except those in the at risk groups the virus to get it over and done with. Death cannot be prevented in everyone. Dragging it out causes not only the same death but higher national debts. We should brace ourselves, and take the hit like the typical stiff upper lipped Englishman and Englishwomen that we are. If we have to take a hit for our country then so be it! For Britain!!!

I respect your comments here Cookie Monster, unlike your fellow countrymen that post in these threads your patriotism shines through, you should stop playing dumb like you usually do it really doesn't suit you at all. I hope to see more posts like this from you. I have always known you were the bright individual in that group, and your comments here prove it, I applaud you dude. Hope to see this side of you back out there on the battle field, you are certainly a worthy opponent, and your friends here could certain learn much from you.

Sincerely Peace Cookie Monster!!!

oh yea.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Umm - You see you don't understand IT CORRECTLY and that's the entire problem please tell me who says we are suppose to use that method of counting? Don't say Statista.com.

So your are saying that Statista.com is somehow biased, or is misrepresenting the figures ? The method of counting is simple: deaths per million population. That seems fairly straightforward ? 

Well, if you don't like THEM, try https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data . You have to scroll down to find the map of the world with different colours for different countries. Click on the colour bar underneath the map to highlight the countries that have that death level. 

Either way you cut it, the USA has done MUCH better than many other major countries. It's worth bearing that in mind before criticising President Trump in extravagant terms. 

• Haha 1

Do the Trumpian 'virus deniers' only watch Fox, the whole Fox, and nothing but Fox?

Per capita, the USA is way ahead in Covid deaths. It's not up for debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5