Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

covid19 triumph for trump

the13bats

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Seems like when something is over your head, you resort to accusing people of making things up.

Aaaaaand your proof is what?  All you have is TDS.  Considering that the original estimate was that 2.2 million would die in the US alone.  I won’t argue that it won’t creep above 100k by the end of the year but that is an awesome record for this Administration that so few have died.  We are the 3rd largest nation on the planet.  And of the two with more, one is a liar and the other I feel is unintentionally incompetent.  Considering that 53 million people die from all causes every year, this covid outbreak is a weak pandemic as they come.  Trump handled it expertly.  And Trump, hands down, has been one of the best POTUS-es in recent history.  And I guess that is slightly skewed as the two worse Presidents are in recent memory (Carter and Obama).

No that's what President Trump does, and nobody alive to day, can deflect, divert, of finger point better than him. However, Adolf Hitler was the True master, and I have it good authority that the President keeps a copy of Mien Kampf in the Resolute Desk. Now I am not saying he is reading the book to commit Genocide, however, his interest in Mien Kampf  is being used to expand upon Hilters methodology. His main focus in on how Hitler swayed the masses by using diversions, lies, along with deflecting all responsibility for his actions by creating a atmosphere of fear where there are enemies around every corner. These enemies of the state include the media, other political parties, and any academics who speak out about against his polices, doesn't that sound familiar. :yes: 

In the end President Trump has become a master of all the deceptions I have described above, and no one can dispute that and maintain any form of credibility.:(

Peace Ravenhawk.

• Thanks 1

Manwon,

I must really be clueless i thought it was well known and embraced by trumpettes that he patterned himself after sHitler, i learned something new.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please provide an article by link that this is what they are using, I don't want your opinion,

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have it good authority that the President keeps a copy of Mien Kampf in the Resolute Desk.

Can you provide the proof you demand of others?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Can you provide the proof you demand of others?

Hey Jim, well the source of that information doesn't want be identified, so I refuse to expose that individual for public scrutiny. ;) Besides that we already no how and what Presidents Trump does to exposed Whistle Blowers so I can't be responsible for what will happen when he realizes the Cats of the Bag!! :D

But here is a link where the Presidents ex-wife recounts the fact that he also kept a copy of Hitlers speaches which is entitled as My New Order which is the sequel to Mien Kampf on the night stand near their bed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

Here is a link where in a fit of anger he throws his signed copy of Mien Kampf in the trash because of his public break up with Steve Bannon.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-angrily-throws-steve-bannons-signed-copy-of-mein-kampf-in-trash

Peace Jim

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Jim, well the source of that information doesn't want be identified, so I refuse to expose that individual for public scrutiny. ;) Besides that we already no how and what Presidents Trump does to exposed Whistle Blowers so I can't be responsible for what will happen when he realizes the Cats of the Bag!! :D

But here is a link where the Presidents ex-wife recounts the fact that he also kept a copy of Hitlers speaches which is entitled as My New Order which is the sequel to Mien Kampf on the night stand near their bed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

Here is a link where in a fit of anger he throws his signed copy of Mien Kampf in the trash because of his public break up with Steve Bannon.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-angrily-throws-steve-bannons-signed-copy-of-mein-kampf-in-trash

Peace Jim

That's fine.  I presume this standard will apply to everyone?  

I've had some experience with ex-wives.  I don't believe anything they say.  The story about him trashing a copy of the book that Bannon gave him is clearly labeled "satire", so it's veracity is questionable.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

That's fine.  I presume this standard will apply to everyone?  

I've had some experience with ex-wives.  I don't believe anything they say.  The story about him trashing a copy of the book that Bannon gave him is clearly labeled "satire", so it's veracity is questionable.

Jim my comments are only directed at the techniques he uses during public speaking and his constant obsession with perceived enemies. Hitler did exactly the same thing for exactly the same reasons, and President Trump is using pages out of Heir Hitlers play book. He always publicly plays the role of the unfairly persecuted genius who does no wrong. Whether you can see the similarities or not, I can and it is disturbing to me. Because it feeds the false nature of his comments and his actions, I wish he could be genuine and honest but after the last 3 years it pretty obvious that will never happen. It is far to engrained in his nature, when he lies he does so for the sole purpose of making himself appear to be better than others which is wrong on to many levels to mention here.

Peace Jim

Tonight the First Lady of the United States gave a speech to students across America, it was sincere and very beautiful, her Husband could certainly take a page out her play book. All I can say it was inspirational.

Peace

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Side step, I have side stepped nothing, I made my point. I have also asked you to show, where this statistical Method has been adopted by the World Governments for use. Please provide an article by link that this is what they are using, I don't want your opinion, I want you to show me that this is the chosen method being used, and as far siding stepping that's what you have been doing while trying to get me to accept this methodology. So can you prove this is what the World is using to show how individual Nations have successfully responded to this crisis or how they have failed, and again I don't want your opinion, I want proof this has been adopted?:yes:

Oh and by the way, please don't side step my question like you have done every time I asked it.:rolleyes:

Peace

@Manwon Lender, you keep circling round to this irrelevant point. 

Countries state their death rates. The two websites I linked you to simply take those reported figures, and then divide them into the population of the country to get a "death per capita" rate. There is no "statistical method" involved. There is no "methodology" involved. 

Let me summarise. 

!) The countries report their death rates. 

2) The Countries report their total population. 

3) We divide one into the other to get the per-capita death rate. 

I'm not going to continue to belabour this point. If you can't see it, then.. well.. so be it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Jim my comments are only directed at the techniques he uses during public speaking and his constant obsession with perceived enemies. Hitler did exactly the same thing for exactly the same reasons, and President Trump is using pages out of Heir Hitlers play book. .....

Well, it took long enough, but finally, on page 7 of this thread, we have the first (I believe) example of Godwins Law. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2020 at 7:48 PM, the13bats said:

not something that his worshippers

Hyperbole, much?  The thing we "worship" is the fight over the future of this nation.  The hate from the mouth breathers is so over-the-top that more and more Independents are moving in his direction.  If you can't see the picture accurately, November is going to come as quite the shock.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, acute said:

Do the Trumpian 'virus deniers' only watch Fox, the whole Fox, and nothing but Fox?

Per capita, the USA is way ahead in Covid deaths. It's not up for debate.

Apparently, a few doctors agree with Trump about the costs of continuing a lockdown.  

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mass-casualty-incident-over-600-doctors-sign-letter-warning-trump-of-dangers-of-continued-lockdowns

20 hours ago, acute said:

Do the Trumpian 'virus deniers' only watch Fox, the whole Fox, and nothing but Fox?

Per capita, the USA is way ahead in Covid deaths. It's not up for debate.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/virus-deaths-climb-us-capita-rate-still-lower-8-14-worst

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rate-in-us-uk-italy-china-compared-2020-4?op=1

Edited by and then

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Oxford Economics actually. Which has accurately predicted 16 of the last 18 elections.

Indeed. Thing is.. I can't find a direct link to this report, only 2nd-hand analysis (and the CNN report is No. 1 in google at the moment). 

The report is interesting, especially considering the pedigree of the organisation that produced it. However, it is purely an economic analysis, and doesn't take into account the psychology of the situation; that the economic downturn was caused by the Pandemic, not my economic mismanagement. I can't really see how Biden could capitalise on this ? 

Well, we shall see :)

• Like 1

Thought this might help people focus on just how entrenched in hysterical hate the Left has become.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/poll-36-percent-americans-less-likely-take-coronavirus-vaccine-trump-says-safe

I say, let them follow their conscience :tu:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Indeed. Thing is.. I can't find a direct link to this report, only 2nd-hand analysis (and the CNN report is No. 1 in google at the moment). 

Sure, sure, the independent just made it up and Oxford Economics decided it would be a bit of fun not to call them out for it :rolleyes:

The report is interesting, especially considering the pedigree of the organisation that produced it. However, it is purely an economic analysis, and doesn't take into account the psychology of the situation; that the economic downturn was caused by the Pandemic, not my economic mismanagement. I can't really see how Biden could capitalise on this ? 

He doesn't need to capitalise, just let people blame Trump, which they naturally will.

19 minutes ago, Setton said:

Sure, sure, the independent just made it up and Oxford Economics decided it would be a bit of fun not to call them out for it :rolleyes:

He doesn't need to capitalise, just let people blame Trump, which they naturally will.

Ah, well now, that's the rub, isn't it ? WILL they blame the President, or will they accept that the damage to the economy was inevitable, regardless of who is in power ? 

That is the factor that Oxford Economics admits they cannot predict in their model ? 

In the hypothetical case of a successful easing of the lockdown, the President could claim that HIS policies (well, recommendations anyway) stopped further economic damage, where as the Democratic governors created more economic damage by extending their lockdowns. 

Having said that, it is kinda a self-fullfilling prophecy: those states that continue the lockdown will suffer economically more than the states that liberalise the lockdown. If these are mostly Democratic controlled states, then there may be a public backlash against their governors, and hence their representatives in Congress, from the citizens of those states. For example, if California suffers massively, but Texas is thriving, people will start to ask... why ? 

Alternatively, the relaxing of the lockdown could trigger a massive resurgence of Covid-19 infections and deaths, in which case President Trump WILL get annihilated at the elections, if not actually Impeached. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, it took long enough, but finally, on page 7 of this thread, we have the first (I believe) example of Godwins Law. :) 

I wouldn't want to disappoint you Roofy, but you certainly don't fully understand the context Mike Godwin uses himself when it comes to his law. With that said it doesn't always mean that the individual using the reference has lost the argument he is making. Especially according to Godwin if your comments are thoughtful and show a real awareness of history when describing politicians, and he cites President Trump it's ok to make such a comparison, which my comments did. Even Mr. Godwin agrees that references to President Trumps handling of the refugee centers on the Mexican Border are like concentration camps. 

I was hoping someone would bring up Godwins Law, it looks like you fell into that trap Roofy, maybe you should research things in the future before making a statement like that again.:D:D Below is a link where the information I cited below came from.

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republicanpresidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."[12] In August 2017, Godwin made similar remarks on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter with respect to the two previous days' Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, endorsing and encouraging efforts to compare its alt-right organizers to Nazis.[13][14][15][16]

In October 2018, Godwin said on Twitter that it was acceptable to call Brazilian politician Jair Bolsonaro, who had won the first round and later the second round of the presidential election, a "Nazi".[17][18]

In June 2019, after Chris Hayes invoked Godwin's Law in a discussion of whether it was appropriate to call the United States's refugee detention centers "concentration camps," Godwin explicitly stated his belief that the term "concentration camps" was appropriate.[19]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Oh and by the way, everyone who agreed with also looks as foolish as you do concerning this issue, I hope they at least thank you for it.:D

Peace

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

@Manwon Lender, you keep circling round to this irrelevant point. 

Countries state their death rates. The two websites I linked you to simply take those reported figures, and then divide them into the population of the country to get a "death per capita" rate. There is no "statistical method" involved. There is no "methodology" involved. 

Let me summarise. 

!) The countries report their death rates. 

2) The Countries report their total population. 

3) We divide one into the other to get the per-capita death rate. 

I'm not going to continue to belabour this point. If you can't see it, then.. well.. so be it. 

@the13bats @Piney @third_eye @Golden DuckRoofy since you refuse to answer the simple question " Who decided that using the statically method of counting deaths deaths per million would be the World Stanard statically for identifying which countries handled the Pandemic in a manner that utter failed. Roofy, just because the U.K. Uses this method doesn't mean that any other country must also use it. In addition countries that are using it are actually doing so to confuse the fact that they failed their people. So. Roofy, I have decided to help you out here and answer the question for you. First according to the BBC and other media News sources it's impossible to use the method your proposing because no two countries use the same reporting method for deaths of their citizens. 

On the BBC's Andrew Marr Show on 10 May, Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter from Cambridge University said that trying to rank different countries to decide which was the worst in Europe was a "completely fatuous exercise".

Counting deaths

So why is it so difficult to compare individual countries? First of all, there are differences in how countries record Covid-19 deaths.

France and Germany, for example, have been including deaths in care homes in the headline numbers they produce every day. 

But the daily figures for England referred only to deaths in hospitals until 29 April, when they started factoring in deaths in care homes as well.

A further complication is that there is no accepted international standard for how you measure deaths, or their causes. 

Does somebody need to have been tested for coronavirus to count towards the statistics, or are the suspicions of a doctor enough? 

Germany counts deaths in care homes only if people have tested positive for the virus. Belgium, on the other hand, includes any death in which a doctor suspects coronavirus was involved.

The UK's daily figures only count deaths when somebody has tested positive for the virus, but its weekly figures include suspected cases. 

Also, does the virus need to be the main cause of death, or does any mention on a death certificate count? 

Are you really comparing like with like?

So you see Roofy your method doesn't work, so why do you continue to support?

Here is a link to the BBC Article, if you need additional articles to help understand what is being said I can provide them for you, I don't want you to have to do any research yourself.:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/52311014

Peace Roofy

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I wouldn't want to disappoint you Roofy, but you certainly don't fully understand the context Mike Godwin uses himself when it comes to his law. With that said it doesn't always mean that the individual using the reference has lost the argument he is making. Especially according to Godwin if your comments are thoughtful and show a real awareness of history when describing politicians, and he cites President Trump it's ok to make such a comparison, which my comments did. Even Mr. Godwin agrees that references to President Trumps handling of the refugee centers on the Mexican Border are like concentration camps. 

I was hoping someone would bring up Godwins Law, it looks like you fell into that trap Roofy, maybe you should research things in the future before making a statement like that again.:D:D Below is a link where the information I cited below came from.

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republicanpresidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."[12] In August 2017, Godwin made similar remarks on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter with respect to the two previous days' Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, endorsing and encouraging efforts to compare its alt-right organizers to Nazis.[13][14][15][16]

In October 2018, Godwin said on Twitter that it was acceptable to call Brazilian politician Jair Bolsonaro, who had won the first round and later the second round of the presidential election, a "Nazi".[17][18]

In June 2019, after Chris Hayes invoked Godwin's Law in a discussion of whether it was appropriate to call the United States's refugee detention centers "concentration camps," Godwin explicitly stated his belief that the term "concentration camps" was appropriate.[19]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Oh and by the way, everyone who agreed with also looks as foolish as you do concerning this issue, I hope they at least thank you for it.:D

Peace

@RoofGardener @the13bats @Golden Duck @third_eye @Piney Hey Roofy, I wouldn't answer the above either, well that isn't true, because unlike you I do admit when I am wrong.

Peace Roofy

• Like 3

"badge of honor "

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Ah, well now, that's the rub, isn't it ? WILL they blame the President, or will they accept that the damage to the economy was inevitable, regardless of who is in power ? 

Look at every country after every economic disaster. Regardless of the actual cause, they almost always opt for a change of government. Whether it's a World War, financial mismanagement by a world superpower or disease.

That's because the vast majority of people don't vote based on the rationale of a government's policies, they vote based on whether their lives have improved under that government.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Look at every country after every economic disaster. Regardless of the actual cause, they almost always opt for a change of government. Whether it's a World War, financial mismanagement by a world superpower or disease.

That's because the vast majority of people don't vote based on the rationale of a government's policies, they vote based on whether their lives have improved under that government.

Hmm... OK. I guess we'll just have to see ? :)

3 hours ago, and then said:

Thought this might help people focus on just how entrenched in hysterical hate the Left has become.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/poll-36-percent-americans-less-likely-take-coronavirus-vaccine-trump-says-safe

I say, let them follow their conscience :tu:

I agree they should follow their conscience, lets face it people are starting wake up. they are getting tired of all the Lies, misdirection, Finger Pointing and Diversions that President Trump has been using since this Pandemic started. The American people are now beginning to see him for what he really is, and his lack of response in the early days of this Pandemic that has put America in the position it is in today. They are also starting to realize that his actions have caused the deaths of many Americans that didn't have to die if preparations for the coming Pandemic had started earlier. Duncan the days of his misdirection and Deversions are coming to an end, he is going to have face and take responsibility for his actions, and even with that his reputation is still going to be ruined.:td:

Does it matter, not really because he can still carry on in the manner he did before he was elected to the highest office in the United States. But when this house of cards comes falling down, many Republican members of the Senate are going to go down with him, because the American People will remember how they defended and supported him during his time in office when they also knew he was completely wrong. Now the worst thing about this is that it will allow the Democratic Party to take over again, which in my opinion America doesn't need to have happen. But, that is also the legacy of the Trump White House, and it is also his fault that it will be allowed to happen.:td:

Like I have said many times I have never voted except for the Republican Ticket, but in the case of Trump I didn't vote during that election so I don't have to wash all that stink off my hands like many other will have too.:tu:

Peace

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

Hyperbole, much?  The thing we "worship" is the fight over the future of this nation.  The hate from the mouth breathers is so over-the-top that more and more Independents are moving in his direction.  If you can't see the picture accurately, November is going to come as quite the shock.

You had better be careful when using the term Mouth Breathers, you will insult the Cookie Monster, who openly says he is a mouth breather. But I do certainly agree that November will be a shock for many people and the repercussions of that shock are going to be far reaching and not what many people expect.

Peace 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Tonight the First Lady of the United States gave a speech to students across America, it was sincere and very beautiful, her Husband could certainly take a page out her play book. All I can say it was inspirational.

Peace

Are they really still married, she seems to hide from him