Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump threatens funds 4 states easing voting

OverSword

President Trump will arrive in Michigan today after threatening on Wednesday to withhold the state’s share of federal funding during a pandemic while falsely accusing officials of “voter fraud” because they mailed residents applications to obtain absentee ballots as a safety precaution.

Trump, who is intent on wooing voters in the key Midwestern swing state, used a tweet to mistakenly accuse Michigan of mailing actual ballots to 7.7 million voting-age residents ahead of primary and general elections, when it was applications that arrived in mailboxes. 

Link

dumbass

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

dumbass

OMG, I thought all the states were doing that.  I got my absentee ballot in the mail because I got online and requested it, but they sent me an application for it in a mass mailing as well.  They don't want to open any polls, in fact there is only one polling place open in the whole city on election day, and only 3 in the city for early voting with limited hours.

Of course this only affects the states who wait until late spring and early summer to hold their primaries.  Which is stupid.  The primaries should be the same day in every state.  I suspect the numbers would show a lot of difference if that were the case.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Trump, who is intent on wooing voters in the key Midwestern swing state, used a tweet to mistakenly accuse Michigan of mailing actual ballots to 7.7 million voting-age residents ahead of primary and general elections, when it was applications that arrived in mailboxes. 

There was no mistake about it. It was one of his usual outright false accusations......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You know he is bordering on vote tampering himself with this.  Incumbent candidates running for an election aren't supposed to use their position to manipulate the rules of the election to favor themselves- especially when a situation is occurring that could needlessly endanger a voter's life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The states are all responsible how they run voting and it's none of the presidents business.  To threaten corona aid is just really unacceptable rhetoric.  This is low even for trump, and that's saying something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You know, I don't think Donald Trump ever really went out and voted over the years.  It would go a long way to explaining his ignorance of the system.  I have been doing absentee ballot for decades.  He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would wait in line a few hours with the "common" folk to show an ID and vote on a machine.  He seems confused as to the difference between voting and voter registration for sure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ROFL.... it does seem a bit silly, doesn't it ? :P 

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Understatement

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

You remind me of the parents of a child I used to teach.

"Sorry to have to ask you to come in but Billy smacked Alfie round the head with a brick today".

"Eee he does get a little silly sometimes doesn't he?"

Followed of course by a long explanation as to why it was Alfie's fault (apparently for having a head in the flight path of said brick - recommend Alfie checks SkyScanner regularly in future) and asking what I was going to do about it....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

You remind me of the parents of a child I used to teach.

"Sorry to have to ask you to come in but Billy smacked Alfie round the head with a brick today".

"Eee he does get a little silly sometimes doesn't he?"

Followed of course by a long explanation as to why it was Alfie's fault (apparently for having a head in the flight path of said brick - recommend Alfie checks SkyScanner regularly in future) and asking what I was going to do about it....

Only if Billy consistently gets away with it and convinces everybody that Alfie is the real  trouble maker and forces him to change schools.

• Like 3

South Philly judge of elections admits he took bribes to stuff the ballot box for candidates for Common Pleas Court

A former judge of elections and Democratic committeeperson from South Philadelphia pleaded guilty to accepting $2,500 in bribes to inflate the vote totals for three Democratic candidates for Common Pleas Court judge between 2014 and 2016, U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain announced Thursday.

Domenick J. DeMuro, 73, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to deprive Philadelphia voters of their civil rights by fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes for the candidates in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 primary elections, and violating the Travel Act, which forbids the use of a cell phone to promote illegal activity — bribery, McSwain’s office said.

cont...

https://www.inquirer.com/news/voter-fraud-philadelphia-ward-leader-judge-of-elections-domenick-demuro-guilty-plea-20200521.html

If it can be done people will find a way.

• Thanks 1

Looks like their are quite a few bugs that need to be worked out.

South Carolina absentee ballots found in Baltimore; elections officials blame printer

Absentee ballots from South Carolina were found in Maryland this week, and South Carolina officials are blaming a Minnesota printing company used by several heavily populated counties.

The same vending is being blamed by Maryland officials for delays in delivering absentee ballots to the state for its June 2 primaries.

About 20 absentee ballots for Charleston County somehow were delivered to officials in Baltimore, the Post and Courier reported this week. A state election board official said it’s just one of several problems with SeaChange Print Innovations of Minnesota, which prints and mails absentee ballots for 13 South Carolina counties.

cont...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/21/south-carolina-absentee-ballots-found-baltimore-el/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Looks like their are quite a few bugs that need to be worked out.

South Carolina absentee ballots found in Baltimore; elections officials blame printer

Absentee ballots from South Carolina were found in Maryland this week, and South Carolina officials are blaming a Minnesota printing company used by several heavily populated counties.

The same vending is being blamed by Maryland officials for delays in delivering absentee ballots to the state for its June 2 primaries.

About 20 absentee ballots for Charleston County somehow were delivered to officials in Baltimore, the Post and Courier reported this week. A state election board official said it’s just one of several problems with SeaChange Print Innovations of Minnesota, which prints and mails absentee ballots for 13 South Carolina counties.

cont...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/21/south-carolina-absentee-ballots-found-baltimore-el/

Yeah, I have had stuff sent to Knoxville, Tennessee when it was supposed to go to Knoxville, Iowa before.

There's a lawsuit in Pennsylvania over 800 THOUSAND ineligible voters on a registry list.  If the rule is to mail everyone on the list a ballot... can anyone tell me why this MIGHT be a problem?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

There's a lawsuit in Pennsylvania over 800 THOUSAND ineligible voters on a registry list.  If the rule is to mail everyone on the list a ballot... can anyone tell me why this MIGHT be a problem?  

We sent everyone in America a $1200 check.  If we could handle that, we can handle sending everyone a ballot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

We sent everyone in America a $1200 check.  If we could handle that, we can handle sending everyone a ballot.

Sent some people checks. We still haven't gotten ours. All our neighbors have though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Sent some people checks. We still haven't gotten ours. All our neighbors have though.

Everyone I know has gotten theirs.  Heck, even my wife got it and she isn't even American. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didnt mich just have a dam flood too, yeah, a potus really looks like a stellar fellow when he demands kiss my...or kiss state funding goid bye, but yeah, its the dems who cheat.

I saw where this was heading with tweety crying a while back that easier voting would keep rep from ever winning again,

Corona will be here a while and non in person voting makes sense but when tweety losses bigly he can cry voter fraud and get his cult followers to grab they weapons then its katie bar the door, and since the idea is bigger than the reality the smoke clears and the winner is sworn in, tweety is then basically an interloper in the white house and can leave like a respectable man or get carried out baby trantrum style, his choice,

Then he will be so busy trying to keep ahead of the myriad legal problems that were perched ready and waiting for him to end his presidency that he will long for the simpler times where he could just blame obama and call anyone who doesnt worship his every move a hater.

Just kidding ( works for don jr )

Trump 2020

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Everyone I know has gotten theirs.  Heck, even my wife got it and she isn't even American. 

My Aunt finally got hers a few days ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Well then they may have to take the dead people off the list.  Sounds like it's overdue.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Didnt mich just have a dam flood too, yeah, a potus really looks like a stellar fellow when he demands kiss my...or kiss state funding goid bye,

To be fair if you read the rest of the OP I posted it says trump has told Michigan's governor he will send the Army Corps of Engineers to help out on that. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well then they may have to take the dead people off the list.  Sounds like it's overdue.  

Also, the people who moved, women who got married and changed their names and college kids who are registered where they are going to school and their home town. Some people who have elderly parents fill out the ballots for them without their knowledge.

I don't think it is feasible until all the loopholes are closed.

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Also, the people who moved, women who got married and changed their names and college kids who are registered where they are going to school and their home town. Some people who have elderly parents fill out the ballots for them without their knowledge.

I don't think it is feasible until all the loopholes are closed.

Why not?  Do you think most people able to cheat will?  I don't.  Also that number is a meager fraction of the whole.  May as well do it now because it is how it will be done in the future everywhere.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OverSword said:

To be fair if you read the rest of the OP I posted it says trump has told Michigan's governor he will send the Army Corps of Engineers to help out on that. 

Cool, so hes only holding funds from dem states who want EZ voting.

• Like 1