Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden Admits No 'Herd Immunity'

Kenemet

Build a wall around Sweden, do not let them out.

Keep the rest of the world safe. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I know the man for the job

trump-mexico-border-wall-GettyImages-116

...and when he's done, they can keep him.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

trump-mexico-border-wall-GettyImages-116

...and when he's done, they can keep him.

Bit harsh on the Swedes. :o :D

• Haha 6

reading the article I noticed that they suggested 60% was enough for herd immunity. That is fairly low compared to pertussin or measles which must be in the 92 to 95% range for herd immunity.

HIT, herd immunity thresholds, are listed here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity#Mechanics

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I was thinking about this lack of antibodies being detected. No one suspected that there might be a testing error.

Also, I realized that one of the problems we had here with initial gloomy estimated in the US was that the models did not think people in the US would be compliant when social distancing. Maybe Swedes are doing more social distancing than the models expected.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I was thinking about this lack of antibodies being detected. No one suspected that there might be a testing error.

It's really great that testing in the US is wildly inaccurate, both in terms of antibodies and virus. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, it is, I guess.  The truth will come into focus after the second wave washes through the population.  Trump has just said the nation WILL NOT be allowed to go back into hiding/shutdown for the second wave.  The line between the crazies on the Left and those on the Right who just want to work, pay their bills and get back to life as normal as possible, will be crystal clear by November.  The hangers-on that are about letting government feed them and wipe their butts for them will be the minority and the states they control will be in much worse shape than the rest of the country.  At some point, maybe they'll be shamed into going back to work like responsible adults.  If not, screw them, let them go hungry.

• Like 1

So have only 7 percent of Stockholm been infected ? Or are people not building antibodies? Or was the test wrong ?

This does not make sense unless one of those three things are true.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Yeah, it is, I guess.  The truth will come into focus after the second wave washes through the population.  Trump has just said the nation WILL NOT be allowed to go back into hiding/shutdown for the second wave.  The line between the crazies on the Left and those on the Right who just want to work, pay their bills and get back to life as normal as possible, will be crystal clear by November.  The hangers-on that are about letting government feed them and wipe their butts for them will be the minority and the states they control will be in much worse shape than the rest of the country.  At some point, maybe they'll be shamed into going back to work like responsible adults.  If not, screw them, let them go hungry.

So the only crazies are on the left, huh? You don't see any obese, diabetic MAGA wearing idiots posting videos of themselves being kicked out of stories because they won't wear a mask as request by said store? You know, PRIVATE businesses? Those only the right ONLY want to work, right? They're not showing up armed at statehouses and ranting, out of breath from the walk from their cars, about oppression because they're slightly inconvenienced with not a hint of the irony involved?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

So have only 7 percent of Stockholm been infected ? Or are people not building antibodies? Or was the test wrong ?

This does not make sense unless one of those three things are true.

"It means either the calculations made by the agency and myself are quite wrong, which is possible, but if that's the case it's surprising they are so wrong," he told the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter, according to The Guardian. "Or more people have been infected than developed antibodies."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

"It means either the calculations made by the agency and myself are quite wrong, which is possible, but if that's the case it's surprising they are so wrong," he told the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter, according to The Guardian. "Or more people have been infected than developed antibodies."

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Either only 7 percent of Stockholm has gotten Covid, something is wrong with the test, or not everyone is developing antibodies.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

It would have been more intellectually honest if the title of this thread was.. Sweden admits to no herd immunity YET..

something like that is going to take a bit of time to build up..

17 minutes ago, bee said:

It would have been more intellectually honest if the title of this thread was.. Sweden admits to no herd immunity YET..

something like that is going to take a bit of time to build up..

Your herd immunity hard on is showing!

What’s happening in Sweden is not good, but hopeful it will result in somewhat of an end to the herd immunity debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So the only crazies are on the left, huh?

If there are any Republican controlled states that are bending over in fear, hoping the Gob-ment will save them, cite them.  The states are reopening and if the Fauci brigade are correct then we will shortly see mass death in those states that have the least control being exerted on them.  If that doesn't happen, well, I'm sure you'll have another excuse.  That's okay though, the average American will still see through the sick game the Left are running on the country.  I find it quite satisfying to watch patriots in the Blue police state wannabes, protesting the seizure of their basic freedoms.  As the economies of the states going back to work begin to prosper, more protests will ensue.  It really amazes me just how out of touch, near irrational the Left have become.  They're re-electing the Orange Man and they can't help themselves.  :w00t:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, and then said:

If there are any Republican controlled states that are bending over in fear, hoping the Gob-ment will save them, cite them.  The states are reopening and if the Fauci brigade are correct then we will shortly see mass death in those states that have the least control being exerted on them.  If that doesn't happen, well, I'm sure you'll have another excuse.  That's okay though, the average American will still see through the sick game the Left are running on the country.  I find it quite satisfying to watch patriots in the Blue police state wannabes, protesting the seizure of their basic freedoms.  As the economies of the states going back to work begin to prosper, more protests will ensue.  It really amazes me just how out of touch, near irrational the Left have become.  They're re-electing the Orange Man and they can't help themselves.  :w00t:

You're nuts, dude. You don't seem t ok have any comprehension or reality. I live in a state with a slug of a rep governor and there are tons of mouth breathing maga morons with their AR-penis replacements protesting that they can't get haircuts because they have no clue what oppression actually is. Slovenly hill people that are, ironically enough, most at risk becuade of their fat consumer McEconomy.(Mc-onomy?)

It's telling that you seem to target Fauci, and actual scientist. You're lot just cannot stand someone with an education, can you?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

What!!  thats pretty unfair then we vikings cant pillage anymore.  The population in Sweden is little over 10 million and the death toll from the Corona is up in approx 3900. 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 1

Or Sweden have got it right and the 'meedya' need to start chipping away at the narrative otherwise why did so many countries lockdown. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Your herd immunity hard on is showing!

What’s happening in Sweden is not good, but hopeful it will result in somewhat of an end to the herd immunity debate.

Isn't herd immunity a good thing...?....

why on earth would you hope it doesn't work..:unsure2:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It's telling that you seem to target Fauci, and actual scientist. You're lot just cannot stand someone with an education, can you?

actually I think it's the so called 'educated' that seem to be the most easy to Brainwash at the moment...
easy to trigger with psychology that makes them feel like they're all clever and superior (whereas the opposite is true)

the Evil Cabal....lurking in the shadows know who to flatter and enlist to help forward their agenda :D - :ph34r:...

(and Fauci could be one of their Tools...) :o

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Or Sweden have got it right and the 'meedya' need to start chipping away at the narrative otherwise why did so many countries lockdown. 

exactly

:tu:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You're nuts, dude. You don't seem t ok have any comprehension or reality. I live in a state with a slug of a rep governor and there are tons of mouth breathing maga morons with their AR-penis replacements protesting that they can't get haircuts because they have no clue what oppression actually is. Slovenly hill people that are, ironically enough, most at risk becuade of their fat consumer McEconomy.(Mc-onomy?)

And yet, curiously, those states that have NOT imposed 'cower shelter in place' lockdown policies, and allow people to get haircuts, have similar (or lower) infection and death rates than the states that shoot you for stepping out of your front door.  

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

And yet, curiously, those states that have NOT imposed 'cower shelter in place' lockdown policies, and allow people to get haircuts, have similar (or lower) infection and death rates than the states that shoot you for stepping out of your front door.  

Like the Dokatas? 5 people like there. They shouldn't be two states anyway. 

Im.confused by your reasoning, in any case. A virus isnt omnipresent. In areas where it's spreading fast, it makes sense to lockdown to contain m

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

There is a consistent pattern - which ever countries have toyed with the herd immunity theory have all had significantly higher fatality rates and have not been shown to have created any herd immunity.

Br Cornelius

54 minutes ago, bee said:

actually I think it's the so called 'educated' that seem to be the most easy to Brainwash at the moment...
easy to trigger with psychology that makes them feel like they're all clever and superior (whereas the opposite is true)

We just have to look at your post history to know that's false.

54 minutes ago, bee said:

the Evil Cabal....lurking in the shadows know who to flatter and enlist to help forward their agenda :D - :ph34r:...

(and Fauci could be one of their Tools...) :o

While in other news bee advocates eugenics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2