Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden withheld $1 Billion from Ukraine

Knob Oddy

After all the drama about Trumps phone call to the Ukrainian President supposedly using influence to dig up dirt on Biden's son, i am very surprised that the above clip is not well known.

Biden admits point blank that he told the Ukrainians that if they don't immediately fire the prosecutor looking into his sons business they wont get a $1 billion dollar loan.

A direct quote from the above clip:

I said i'm leaving in 6 hours, if the prosecutor is not fired you're not getting the money........ Well son of a b****, he got fired

Now there is a new phone recording released between Biden and Ukrainian president Poroshenko, covered by the daily wire which confirms the deal agreed to between the two countries.

Poroshenko thanks Biden for keeping his word that they money would be transferred once the Prosecutor was fired and reiterates the deal made.

Can someone please remind me why Trump was hauled through the coals over Ukraine?

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Like 5

There's another thread out there about this but the short story is that Democrats crap doesn't stink while Trump is guilty because... Trump...  I think the double standard will get him another 4 years in office and the looney Left will go into primal scream mode.  It should be entertaining to witness.

• Like 2

When did this supposedly occur? Year? Month? Poroshenko is no longer president of the Ukraine. Hasn't been for over a year.

Under what authority were those supposed threats expressed? Who was Biden working for?

A!l you've got is youtube videos!

Get a reliable source, like an article from a respected news outlet, then we can discuss "this" - whatever this is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, sci-nerd said:

When did this supposedly occur? Year? Month? Poroshenko is no longer president of the Ukraine. Hasn't been for over a year.

Under what authority were those supposed threats expressed? Who was Biden working for?

Get a reliable source, like an article from a respected news outlet, then we can discuss "this" - whatever this is.

I would say it would be around the 29th of March 2016, seeing as that's the date Victor Shokin was fired. 

Biden was working for Obama, 

The Youtube videos aren't long (first one is 1 minute) and are of Biden stating the words. But if you need his words to be filtered through a news outlet, so be it. Daily wire is the second video, less than 5 minutes i believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The video is well known for months.  Biden was bragging about what he did and the only reason he isn't in trouble for it is the media double standard that always forgives Dems and accuses Rs.  He was working for his uncle-daddy Barry Soetoro, AKA the Kenyan Wunderkind.  The most recent audio of the phone call between Joe and Poroshenko occurred shortly after they complied and fired Shokin.  You really should pay more attention.  Oh yeah, and wipe your chin, you're drooling again...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, and then said:

He was working for his uncle-daddy Barry Soetoro, AKA the Kenyan Wunderkind.

That says it all.

This looks more and more like a conspiracy theory thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, sci-nerd said:

That says it all.

From Wikipedia:

He was dismissed in March 2016 after pressure from the United States, European Union and international financial institutions, as well as Ukrainian anti-corruption campaigners. In 2019, Shokin became involved in efforts to accuse American politician Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, of corrupt activities in Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin

The rest is from Biden's mouth. Not sure where the conspiracy is....

• Like 6

I'm not getting into this. Just pointing out the obvious flaws and spins, that are usually trademarks of a CT.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fair enough, but i think there may be a conspiracy the other way. Biden openly stated this during an interview while at the Council of Foreign Relations.

Surely this should have been a bigger story don't you think? Considering Trump's similar actions gained wall to wall attention and an impeachment?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin

So you're going to ignore the section on the failure to investigate Burisma and the rest of Shokin's.  That pretty much labels the Daily Wire video as tendentious, as stable geniuses say "fake news".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

So you're going to ignore the section on the failure to investigate Burisma and the rest of Shokin's.  That pretty much labels the Daily Wire video as tendentious, as stable geniuses say "fake news".

Not at all, it just didn't relate to Biden saying what he said. By the way, Hunter Biden worked for Burisma since 2014. Maybe Shokin thought he had enough dirt on Hunter without investigating Burisma, but that's pure speculation. 

What isn't speculation is Joe Biden saying openly that he threatened he will withhold the money unless the prosecutor who was investigating his son was fired immediately. 

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Can someone please remind me why Trump was hauled through the coals over Ukraine?

Yeah sure. He was pressuring a foreign government to gather dirt on a political opponent. But hey, you no doubt already knew that but are attempting (as Trump did) to minimise what happened by suggesting that what Biden supposedly did was an even bigger scandal.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

That Biden played a role in the ouster of Shokin to protect his son.

That has already been proved false. If anything, getting rid of Shokin endangered his son.

The facts behind Trump's bogus accusations about Biden and Ukraine:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/9/23/20879611/joe-biden-hunter-biden-ukraine-corruption-prosecutor-burisma-donald-trump-whistleblower-complaint

This topic was discussed ad nauseam several months ago on at least two different topic threads. It's old news.

• Thanks 3

Biden was following orders of the President. VP don't have the authority to withhold money. He was told to tell Uk to do what most of our allies were demanding. Fire the corrupt prosecutor. Stop with the false comparison. trump tried to get them to help him rig an election period. and now he is trying to blackmail Michigan to help him win an election. But he will lose and hopefully die in prison where he belongs.  Vote Joe Restore the rule of law, and end the Russian occupation of America.  

Edited by micahc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Yeah sure. He was pressuring a foreign government to gather dirt on a political opponent. But hey, you no doubt already knew that but are attempting (as Trump did) to minimise what happened by suggesting that what Biden supposedly did was an even bigger scandal.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/9/23/20879611/joe-biden-hunter-biden-ukraine-corruption-prosecutor-burisma-donald-trump-whistleblower-complaint

From your article (from Vox) 

Though none of this looks great for the Bidens, it is, unfortunately, routine business in Washington to hire the family members of powerful officials in hopes of gaining influence over public policy. For example, President Jimmy Carter’s brother, Billy; President George W. Bush’s brother, Neil; and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s brothers, Tony and Hugh Rodham were all involved in business interests that once drew concern.

So you are complaining about "what-aboutism" and your article is the worst example of "what-aboutism"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

From your article (from Vox) 

So you are complaining about "what-aboutism" and your article is the worst example of "what-aboutism"

What I'm complaining about is the rehashing of nonsense conspiracy theories. 

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

This topic was discussed ad nauseam several months ago on at least two different topic threads. It's old news.

Well...except for the newly released audio of a Biden Poroshenko phone call that proves, yet again, the quid-pro-Joe.  Add to that an ongoing criminal probe in Ukraine against pervy Joe and maybe it's the story that just won't be allowed to die?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/436816-joe-bidens-2020-ukrainian-nightmare-a-closed-probe-is-revived

I don't doubt the Ds would be quite happy to push this under a rug.  Not gonna happen...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

That says it all.

That's just what I said about the Trump/Zelensky call... odd how that crap stops being funny when it starts being YOU, innit?   :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Not at all, it just didn't relate to Biden saying what he said. By the way, Hunter Biden worked for Burisma since 2014. Maybe Shokin thought he had enough dirt on Hunter without investigating Burisma, but that's pure speculation. 

What isn't speculation is Joe Biden saying openly that he threatened he will withhold the money unless the prosecutor who was investigating his son was fired immediately. 

See your second sentence is tendentious.  Shokin was stalling the investigation into Burisma.  He has a history of corruption.  There were a number of other administrations calling for Shokin to be dismissed.  USA was the only one with the leverage.

The potential for fresh eyes looking at Burisma would have posed a bigger risk for Biden.

You have to question the jurisdiction of Shokin's affadavit and the potential moral hazard for him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

See your second sentence is tendentious.  Shokin was stalling the investigation into Burisma.  He has a history of corruption.  There were a number of other administrations calling for Shokin to be dismissed.  USA was the only one with the leverage.

The potential for fresh eyes looking at Burisma would have posed a bigger risk for Biden.

You have to question the jurisdiction of Shokin's affadavit and the potential moral hazard for him.

If Biden wasn't running for President against the buffoon, the GOP wouldn't care about Hunter. Just like Benghazi was all about Hillary running. they even got caught admitting it. the GOP needs to be completely voted out of office. they have zero morality left.   they have been caught taking Russian money as well. next year, if Joe wins, and the dems take the senate, we will need to build a new federal prison just to hold all the GOP pols. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, and then said:

That's just what I said about the Trump/Zelensky call... odd how that crap stops being funny when it starts being YOU, innit?   :w00t:

I'm not an American, and thus not a "Dem". I'm just a foreign observer. What I see is a lot of crooks, of which most always seems to be "Rep's".

The only good Rep. POTUS I've seen in my lifetime is Reagan. An actor.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

What I'm complaining about is the rehashing of nonsense conspiracy theories. 

Surely you know what a "conflict of interest" is? When a conflict of interest arises, you should excuse yourself from the situation. This doesn't just apply in a political or judicial setting, but even in business. For example, an organization i was working for was implementing a new computer system. By chance, my father was working for the company setting it up. The system had some issues and my fathers company approached him to resolve it. He said that his son worked at the organization and he couldn't in good faith get involved, even though neither of us were directly related to either ordering or implementing the new system. This is called declaring a conflict of interest.

What Biden did was put himself right in the middle of the issue without declaring any conflict of interest. He was the one threatening to withhold funds. Do you believe this was a smart move?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, micahc said:

If Biden wasn't running for President against the buffoon, the GOP wouldn't care about Hunter. Just like Benghazi was all about Hillary running. they even got caught admitting it. the GOP needs to be completely voted out of office. they have zero morality left.   they have been caught taking Russian money as well. next year, if Joe wins, and the dems take the senate, we will need to build a new federal prison just to hold all the GOP pols. 

I dunno I still remember feeling a bit uncomfortable, as a teenager, waiting for the confirmation of whether, or not, Gaddafi had died in Reagan's bombing of Libya.  But then again I associate the memory of a house I wasn't living in at the time.

well for once i  agree with biden, hold off on that 1B it will all get spread between govt officials pockets, and pockets of their kids\parents,  it's one of the most corrupt countries  in the world,  people of ukraine would not see a red cent from that billion,  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

well for once i  agree with biden, hold off on that 1B it will all gets spread between govt officials pockets, and pockets of their kids\parents,  it's one of the most corrupt countries  in the world,  people of ukraine would not see a red cent from that billion,  

They got the money though

• Like 2