Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What was in the driveway?

mystic_chill

This just happened about an hour ago approximately 3:42am Friday May 22. From my second floor bedroom window I happen to look out and observe something I can't explain nor describe in precise detail. Whatever it was I just saw didn't belong there and I observed it for about 2 minutes before it vanished. It caught my eye as the end of the driveway where the garbage is collected on Tuesdays was supposed to be clear. At first my thought process was someone parked their motorcycle there although that's not what I was seeing. I couldn't make out what this thing was but it was definitely solid and dark with no direct light hitting it. The object/entity was still and did not move so I figured it was definitely some kind of vehicle. The window was shut when I first observed it so after gazing at it for several moments I decided to force it open as this window has a broken track and requires something to hold it from shutting. Opening the window and peering out this thing whatever it was did not move. From my vantage point of about 60ft I was starting to make out 2 dark objects instead of what I initially thought was a bike. They were standing about the height of the garbage bins that would be placed in that area. If they were entities of any kind it seemed like they were facing the direction down the street. I had my phone so I hit the power button and the screen was too bright so I aim it towards this thing but the light didn't seem to reach it for me to see anymore detail. Next I aim the screen back on me and when I set up to get a pic the thing was gone. Now I'm beating myself up for having seen something so odd and having nothing not even a detailed description of what I saw. This thing was motionless from the time I spotted it to the time it vanished. There was no indication that whatever this was was going anywhere so I sorta took my time analyzing it trying to make sense of the whole ordeal. I even had the intention to go down and get a closer look at it. I'm just confused and wonder what was it in the driveway that didn't belong? How did it just vanish? It was definitely there. Additionally the smell of a skunk filled the air shortly after. I been a member here for some time and knew that this would be the place to document my sighting as this is something very strange. Can't take my mind off it.

P.S. I wanted to add that this thing was partially on the street and I was waiting for the occassional car to go by to see head lights hit it but no cars ever passed during the sighting.

Edited by mystic_chill
Additional info
  • Like 1

Sounda like someone dumped something, see as it was at the bins, someone else came along and thought, "I'll have that".

Or it was put there to be picked up by someone.

You missed them picking it up.

1 hour ago, mystic_chill said:

where the garbage is collected on Tuesdays

Years ago when I lived in London, round my area the was a drugs factory, one of the pick up points for couriers was the bin area next to the garden centre, there would be a motorbike near by, thats when you knew a collection was being made, and along comes a person, got the goods and off they go.

I am not saying it was drugs, but it was very likely something which was out there as there had been an arrangement for it to be collected.

3.42am, it would still be dark, so not possible for you to make anything out from a second floor window. 

Entity? Where the heck have you got that from? :D

• Like 1

Kawasaki Ninja?

• Haha 1

Just now, 19_Kilo said:

"...when I set up to get a pic the thing was gone. Now I'm beating myself up for having seen something so odd and having nothing not even a detailed description of what I saw. This thing was motionless from the time I spotted it to the time it vanished."

Block text, I must've over looked it and it was 5 am. Thanks for the catch.

11 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

I hate block text. It will even prevent me from reading a post sometimes.

Same. I have skipped several threads because of it. My brain starts jumbling the words up and I miss things.

.. .. . dog / s.  ?   

• Haha 1

Low light and shadows can make something normal look very strange. Once I saw the biggest spider ever, it was the size of a softball. Just as I was about to take a photo, it flew up to a branch. It turns out it was just a sparrow but my brain/eyes saw a giant spider. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I appreciate all the feedback and responses. I also apologize for my block text format, didn't consider the comfort of the reader.

It was quite challenging going about my day as normal after what I had experienced in the earlier hours. To respond to some of the input from you guys I am certain that this was no trick of the eye and lighting or lack thereof. There was definitely something on the driveway of our private space in a quiet section of CT. 

The fact that the object was large enuff to cause alarm and suddenly dematerialize right before me is not something that can easily be dismissed and brushed off. This was an unusual occurrence in every aspect. 

What I saw was unexpected so it was challenging to take the appropriate measures of responding to such event. I never panicked at the fact that we had possible intruders in the dead of night it only struck me as really odd. Again there was no sound or motion from this thing so there was definitely a calm element to it. Then it just disappeared. It didn't run off, get picked up by a passing vehicle (no traffic at the time), it was merely there then gone. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 19_Kilo said:

I hate block text. It will even prevent me from reading a post sometimes. That's why I always try to break my posts into paragraphs. Sometimes no longer than a couple sentences each.

See?

Like this. 

Much easier to read, no?

Cheers!

sometimes? So you do read them then, occasionally...

Someone could write something a mile wide for all I care= it's what they say that matters!

So your point is what,? because i honestly can't see the problem- Just out of interest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

My point is summed up in the first sentence of my OP.

Huge blocks of text are tedious. I prefer paragraphs. With spaces between them. Just my opinion. 

yeah i agree.. i'd prefer it as you suggested-but my point is why you felt a need to tell us all? 

Edited by Dejarma

5 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Maybe you should follow the thread from the beginning. My OP was an agreement and reply to Xeno.

Now I'm curious why you seem so annoyed by it.

Don't worry about it. Best to move on. 

2 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Maybe you should follow the thread from the beginning. My OP was an agreement and reply to Xeno.

Now I'm curious why you seem so annoyed by it.

what has your comment to XF got to do with what I'm talking about? 

You moaned about the structure of the OP.. Why? I'm just interested because I love to look at how others perceive stuff..

My reasoning is because IMO people moan for a reason= what was your reason? Are you trying to subconsciously tell me/us something? Purely out of interest & all due respect

6 hours ago, mystic_chill said:

The fact that the object was large enuff to cause alarm and suddenly dematerialize right before me is not something that can easily be dismissed and brushed off. This was an unusual occurrence in every aspect

What I saw was unexpected so it was challenging to take the appropriate measures of responding to such event. I never panicked at the fact that we had possible intruders in the dead of night it only struck me as really odd. Again there was no sound or motion from this thing so there was definitely a calm element to it. Then it just disappeared. It didn't run off, get picked up by a passing vehicle (no traffic at the time), it was merely there then gone. 

There must "always" be a logical explanation for 99.9 percent of the guys here. So I'm not surprised at all by these comments anymore. Though mostly they are right(!). Just like it was in my "Black Pyramid on the sun" topic. As people discussed about it in detail, gave more info about the things I had seen for the first time and gave other examples of possible hoaxes, I was able to see a pattern that led me to think it was a hoax. It's just hard for a person to accept that what he experienced was only a trick of their imagination.

I'm NOT trying to say it was a supernatural incident (only because I wasn't there to witness) but why not? mystic says that he was there the whole time and the thing just dematerialized. I don't know anything logical to do that. If someone could give other examples of such disappearances I might well be convinced again that it's not a supernatural incident. But for me it is in this case, until someone proves it isn't.

Besides we all must accept that science is only scratching the surface of the whole truth about this existence. Science also evolves, never stays the same. The facts of the past are never the facts of the tomorrow. Recently the scientists claimed to have found proof for the existence of parallel universes. Before that it was just hypothesis, a sci-fi fantasy.

Yet I prefer scientific truth to lore of course, because it feels safer. But sometimes all we have is the lore. And most of the times lore indicates to a fact....

That's what I think and believe. There isn't always a logical explanation to everything we experience. Not yet. But eventually scientists will illuminate the darkness.

• Like 1

Shadows from a couple of cats,dogs or other animals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, openozy said:

Shadows from a couple of cats,dogs or other animals.

Unlikely. mystic says the things dematerialized right infront of his eyes.

7 hours ago, mystic_chill said:

act that the object was large enuff to cause alarm and suddenly dematerialize right before me is not something that can easily be dismissed and brushed off. This was an unusual occurrence in every aspect.

And animals, "especially dogs or cats" can not stand still like a solid object more than a few seconds. I know because I have both :) During the night cats are more active, they make a crazy home party.:clap::su:sk

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ParanormalConfidante said:

Unlikely. mystic says the things dematerialized right infront of his eyes.

Shadows could have been from a light in a surrounding home and was turned off.I've seen cats still for quite a time having a stand off.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some kind of "temporary light effect" could seem like a reasonable explanation to me as lights in night time apparently flicker due to intensity of the electricity.

However mystic is talking about a distinct dark shadow from a distant vantage point

And for me the most interesting part is mystic describes the shadow/s more like a machine or a solid non-living object(?)... why a machine or vehicle? Because of its size or because it's a driveway. Btw. I can't think of dogs and cats the size of garbage 

On 5/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, mystic_chill said:

At first my thought process was someone parked their motorcycle there although that's not what I was seeing. I couldn't make out what this thing was but it was definitely solid and dark with no direct light hitting it. The object/entity was still and did not move so I figured it was definitely some kind of vehicle.

From my vantage point of about 60ft I was starting to make out 2 dark objects instead of what I initially thought was a bike. They were standing about the height of the garbage bins that would be placed in that area. 

• Confused 1

On May 22, 2020 at 5:41 AM, mystic_chill said:

This just happened about an hour ago approximately 3:42am Friday May 22. From my second floor bedroom window I happen to look out and observe something I can't explain nor describe in precise detail. Whatever it was I just saw didn't belong there and I observed it for about 2 minutes before it vanished. It caught my eye as the end of the driveway where the garbage is collected on Tuesdays was supposed to be clear. At first my thought process was someone parked their motorcycle there although that's not what I was seeing. I couldn't make out what this thing was but it was definitely solid and dark with no direct light hitting it. The object/entity was still and did not move so I figured it was definitely some kind of vehicle. The window was shut when I first observed it so after gazing at it for several moments I decided to force it open as this window has a broken track and requires something to hold it from shutting. Opening the window and peering out this thing whatever it was did not move. From my vantage point of about 60ft I was starting to make out 2 dark objects instead of what I initially thought was a bike. They were standing about the height of the garbage bins that would be placed in that area. If they were entities of any kind it seemed like they were facing the direction down the street. I had my phone so I hit the power button and the screen was too bright so I aim it towards this thing but the light didn't seem to reach it for me to see anymore detail. Next I aim the screen back on me and when I set up to get a pic the thing was gone. Now I'm beating myself up for having seen something so odd and having nothing not even a detailed description of whah I saw. This thing was motionless from the time I spotted it to the time it vanished. There was no indication that whatever this was was going anywhere so I sorta took my time analyzing it trying to make sense of the whole ordeal. I even had the intention to go down and get a closer look at it. I'm just confused and wonder what was it in the driveway that didn't belong? How did it just vanish? It was definitely there. Additionally the smell of a skunk filled the air shortly after. I been a member here for some time and knew that this would be the place to document my sighting as this is something very strange. Can't take my mind off it.

P.S. I wanted to add that this thing was partially on the street and I was waiting for the occassional car to go by to see head lights hit it but no cars ever passed during the sighting.

Maybe it was something you could not see well enough to recognize ?       ?

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JwnLs63XzFh793kb7

Update: My little cousin captured this on his camera phone late in the night of May 30th in our living room. He claims he saw a shadow peering at him in the spot he snapped the photo and thought it was his brother messing with him at first. He called out to it before he used his flash and snapped the photo. Room was dark and everyone else was asleep when he saw it.

He added that this thing was not shaped like what was captured on camera and vanished right afterward. This has me convinced that there is something very unusual going on around here. I shared my sighting account with my cousin who says he has seen something similar on multiple occasions. 

As far as the pic goes what am i looking at? The black thing that appears 'shopped in?

Back to your orginal story, if i grasp this,  a sorta motorbike looking dark shape was still by your trash cans then just vanished,

Well this is by definition an unexplaned mystery, doesnt mean its paranormal supernatural otherwordly,  and it doesnt mean you actually saw anything,

On 5/22/2020 at 9:07 PM, mystic_chill said:

I am certain that this was no trick of the eye and lighting or lack thereof. There was definitely something on the driveway

I understand you believe that but the eyes and brain can not be trusted, period.

We all see weird stuff that we dont know what it really is and it might not even be there, i know people who see all kinds of cool stuff thats really not there when they have gone too long without sleep.

At this point if you believe you have some shadow hotspot start getting pictures, and do some hands on research, we really dont have much to go on.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:45 PM, the13bats said:

As far as the pic goes what am i looking at? The black thing that appears 'shopped in?

Back to your orginal story, if i grasp this,  a sorta motorbike looking dark shape was still by your trash cans then just vanished,

Well this is by definition an unexplaned mystery, doesnt mean its paranormal supernatural otherwordly,  and it doesnt mean you actually saw anything,

I understand you believe that but the eyes and brain can not be trusted, period.

We all see weird stuff that we dont know what it really is and it might not even be there, i know people who see all kinds of cool stuff thats really not there when they have gone too long without sleep.

At this point if you believe you have some shadow hotspot start getting pictures, and do some hands on research, we really dont have much to go on.

I understand how others can have a dismissive approach on odd occurrences like the ones I have shared here. I guess I'm not here for expert advice instead I was hopeful that others have had similar experiences to what I witnessed. The photo that my cousin shared with me is in no way doctored and his account seemed genuine to me.

As for what I saw I'm convinced that this was not an earthly affair. And to be clear there were no trash bins or any other objects near to whatever this thing was so it really stood out upon me scanning outside the window. I have never seen anything like it and couldn't even produce a sketch of it if I wanted to.

I really wish there was a way to verify what it was my cousin and I have seen but have not yet been able to dig anything up.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:30 PM, mystic_chill said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JwnLs63XzFh793kb7

Update: My little cousin captured this on his camera phone late in the night of May 30th in our living room. He claims he saw a shadow peering at him in the spot he snapped the photo and thought it was his brother messing with him at first. He called out to it before he used his flash and snapped the photo. Room was dark and everyone else was asleep when he saw it.

He added that this thing was not shaped like what was captured on camera and vanished right afterward. This has me convinced that there is something very unusual going on around here. I shared my sighting account with my cousin who says he has seen something similar on multiple occasions. 

Oh, I think this photo and accompanying story deserved a thread of its own but oh well. A naked eye visual accompanied by a photograph by someone you know personally is vey compelling. Your original otherworldly tale in this thread adds to this as the weird often occurs more than one and done.

Papameter Reading:

75% Paranormal  10% Hoax   15% Natural Phenomena

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mystic_chill said:

I understand how others can have a dismissive approach on odd occurrences like the ones I have shared here. I guess I'm not here for expert advice instead I was hopeful that others have had similar experiences to what I witnessed. The photo that my cousin shared with me is in no way doctored and his account seemed genuine to me.

As for what I saw I'm convinced that this was not an earthly affair. And to be clear there were no trash bins or any other objects near to whatever this thing was so it really stood out upon me scanning outside the window. I have never seen anything like it and couldn't even produce a sketch of it if I wanted to.

I really wish there was a way to verify what it was my cousin and I have seen but have not yet been able to dig anything up.

I understand, just not enough to go on,