Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump - Narcissistic personality disorder

Grim Reaper 6

Does it appear that President Trump suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Does President Trump or does he not suffer from Narcissistic personality disorder

• Do you think that President Trump suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder
    • Do you think that there is really no chance he suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder
    • Do you think that he does maybe have some traits described by Narcissistic personality disorder
    • Do you think he is both has Narcissistic personality disorder and that he also has psychopathic tendnacies.
    • Do you think that he is actually just a psychopath

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

Sincere question: Does it matter if President Trump is egotistical or narcissistic? 

Whatever his personality is, I’m sure we’ll live through it. His political actions are constrained by the Constitution, so there’s nothing to worry about there. I voted for him because I knew a businessman would have a better grasp of the economy than a politician. He hasn’t certainly hasn’t disappointed me in that regard. 

Um no, a lot of people are dying as a direct result of tweetys incompetents.

He ignores the constitution as much as possible and when called out its everyones fault except his own.

The economy isnt well again he is to blame.

I didnt vote for him and he greatly disappointed and keeps on disappointing me,

We agree to have different opinions.

Cheers

B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Um no, a lot of people are dying as a direct result of tweetys incompetents.

Utter nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, simplybill said:

Sincere question: Does it matter if President Trump is egotistical or narcissistic? 

Whatever his personality is, I’m sure we’ll live through it. His political actions are constrained by the Constitution, so there’s nothing to worry about there. I voted for him because I knew a businessman would have a better grasp of the economy than a politician. He hasn’t certainly hasn’t disappointed me in that regard. 

Hey bill, I understand you point and I mostly agree with it. My problem with Trump and his mental issues has nothing to do with economy, in my opinion that's the only area he has done well at since becoming President. My problem is the fact that he has destroyed our Nations relationship with all the Nations that were our Allies, and he has created turmoil within the Government, and our Military. All of this is directly due to the OP of this thread, and people like him when they go down they try to take down as much of establishment as they can with them, they love to go down in flames.

I also believe he is dangerous, and cant be allowed to be reelected, people with his issues always want to prove to themselves and others that they are powerful. I believe if he is elected our Nation will be involved in a war within one from that day, and we don't need to act as the Worlds Police force any longer. Especially because our leader is trying to show the World he is the man, America has bleed enough for the World, and we have lost far to many brave soldiers fighting for in most cases nothing but Political Gain.

But, I am also torn by the countries political system going into this election. I also don't want to see Jack asss Joe Biden elected President, but if he is I suspect he may do less overall damage than Trump will. Just in my Opinion.

Peace Bill, hope you have a great Memorial day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’ve lived in New Jersey and Chicago where people like Donald Trump are common, everyday types. His personality is only slightly out of the ordinary compared to people I’ve known over the years. I’m comfortable around people like him. I suppose that’s why I don’t consider him a threat. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Here is a published review of Presidents Trump public behavior and his Malignant Narcissism.

Observations of Trump’s public personality

• Donald Trump does not like rules, protocol, criticism or opposition. He often challenges the status quo and he does not accept orders. If we add his impulsiveness to these behaviors, we have what is classified by the DSM-5 as antisocial behavior.
  • He has a very short attention span. He shows little interest in opinions that are different from his own and his mental frameworks are very rigid. His ability to process written information is limited. He limits himself to living in the present, giving the impression that he doesn’t consider the possible long-term consequences of his behavior.
  • Donald Trump has a clearly narcissistic personality. Also, he tends to trust very few people and has a very dichotomous thought process about relationships: you’re either a friend or an enemy, you’re a patriot or you’re not.
  • He seems to have very little impulse control.
  • He does not trust intellectuals, he labels journalists as “dangerous,” and he avoids anyone who is an expert because he assumes they’ll oppose his opinion.
  • Donald Trump is very socially apt, but with only one purpose: to be the center of attention. If he doesn’t get to be the center, he feels frustrated and angry.
  • According to these finding he is considered a malignant narcissism.
  • https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/05/04/trump-malignant-narcissistic-disorder-psychiatry-column/101243584/
  • Peace

• Thanks 3

If you want malignant narcissism, try this. 

"If you vote for Trump, you ain't Black"

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Non-issue. Protected Class. :passifier:

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Non-issue. Protected Class. :passifier:

Joe Biden is a protected class ? :unsure2: 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Joe Biden is a protected class ? :unsure2: 

Yep! The media protects the Democrats. Imagine if Trump had said that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yep! The media protects the Democrats. Imagine if Trump had said that.

Their heads would have exploded. ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:41 PM, simplybill said:

I’ve lived in New Jersey and Chicago where people like Donald Trump are common, everyday types. His personality is only slightly out of the ordinary compared to people I’ve known over the years. I’m comfortable around people like him. I suppose that’s why I don’t consider him a threat. 

Some of us were around that type but around other types that forumed our opinions of personalities  in other threads,

I fully believe don made a far better gameshow host than a potus, no, had i been on the subway with him or at ginos pizza i likey wouldnt have considered him a threat either but as potus a i saw him as a growing threat,

Then with his slow, lack luster, life costing epic fail response to covid19 he went past being jus a threat,  as he did start and is still costing lives,

He didnt mind 19 holes went just fine.

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Attach1225_20200525_134730.jpg

Please note i do not know mr Richardson so if you need to speak with him about his post that went viral he can be found on twitter, and im sure you are very familiar with Twitter.

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 3:11 AM, Manwon Lender said:

@the13bats @third_eye @JVG @Hankenhunter @Golden Duck @Horta @Desertrat56 @The Wistman @Noteverythingisaconspiracy @Sir Wearer of Hats @DieChecker @Helen of Annoy  The more I listen to President Trump speak and Tweet the more it becomes clear that it is more than possible that he suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder.  The word narcissism gets tossed around a lot in our selfie-obsessed, celebrity-driven culture, often to describe someone who seems excessively vain or full of themselves. But in psychological terms, narcissism doesn’t mean self-love—at least not of a genuine sort. It’s more accurate to say that people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are in love with an idealized, grandiose image of themselves. And they’re in love with this inflated self-image precisely because it allows them to avoid deep feelings of insecurity. But propping up their delusions of grandeur takes a lot of work—and that’s where the dysfunctional attitudes and behaviors come in.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is not the above, the above is how popular culture portrays the condition.

NPD arises from trauma during childhood psychological development that results in them not developing a stable identity. Without a stable identity they have no where to ground how they see themselves. Therefore, as they interact with other people and the world around them their experiences pull all over the place how they see themselves.

When they see themselves in a negative light it causes them to experience distress. The actions of a narcissist are always to prevent that distress arising, and they quite literally spend every minute of every day focused on this. Their strategy to achieve these ends is to create a fictional grandiose self-image, engaging in delusional thinking to convince themselves it describes them, then requiring everybody to confirm it back to them.

People who are around a narcissist dont realise they are automatically enrolled into the above game. A game where they have to confirm and support the grandiose self-image of the narcissist. The narcissist cannot cope unless they do, because it forces the narcissist to acknowledge they have weaknesses. Weaknesses which shatter the delusion and plunge them into distress. Those with NPD react with anger, personal attacks, covert abuse (if they are physically weak), and violence.

It is very easy to spot someone with NPD because they seek approval and validation of their grandiose self-image from everyone else. They cannot cope with criticism, with mockery, with having their weaknesses pointed out. They are hyper-sensitive to seeing any aspect of themselves in a negative light and become quite volatile when forced to do so.

Trump would not still be in office if he was a narcissist, he would have exploded a long time ago. He does not seek validation or approval off everyone, in fact a large proportion of the USA are constantly mocking and launching personal attacks on him. He does not have NPD.

With ASPD (which is psychopathy and sociopathy) then Trump doesnt have that either. An abusive traumatic upbringing without bad genetics causes NPD. With bad genetics it causes sociopathy. And bad genetics with no abusive traumatic upbringing causes psychopathy. With Trump not having NPD we can also rule out sociopathy.

And he isn't a psychopath, he fully understands human emotions. Which is why he is an expert at winding people up. With Trump you have a right-wing President that likes being a jerk to the far-left and media. Thats all. He has good mental health, unlike Nancy Pelosi. That women is crazy and seems to be both deeply neurotic as well as having Borderline.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So you are saying trump is a narcissistic psychopath he is just a different type of narcissistic psychopath,

Got it! :tu:

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 1

“If you vote for Trump, you ain't Black"

”Dear White People; Gonna need y’all to sit this one out”

Those are two examples of how the Democrat Party uses race in an attempt to control political discourse. It’s also an attempt to make a sharp division in intellectual discourse. It’s an attempt to affix ‘either/or’ as the only two choices. “Choose a side, or we’ll publicly shame you.”

“In what sense, then, are we being sovietized? I came to the conclusion when I traveled in what was then the Eastern Bloc that the ubiquitous propaganda was not intended to persuade, much less to inform, but to humiliate; for citizens had not merely to avoid contradicting it in public, but actually to agree with it in public. Therefore, from the point of view of the ruling power, the less true and more outrageously false the propaganda was, the better. For to force people to assent to propositions that are outrageously false, on pain of losing their livelihoods or worse, was to crush them morally and psychologically, and thus make them docile, easily manipulated, and complicit in their own enslavement. Increasingly in our daily lives we find ourselves in analogous situations.”
Theodore Dalrymple in his essay "The Soviet Way".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, simplybill said:

“If you vote for Trump, you ain't Black"

”Dear White People; Gonna need y’all to sit this one out”

Those are two examples of how the Democrat Party uses race in an attempt to control political discourse. It’s also an attempt to make a sharp division in intellectual discourse. It’s an attempt to affix ‘either/or’ as the only two choices. “Choose a side, or we’ll publicly shame you.”

“In what sense, then, are we being sovietized? I came to the conclusion when I traveled in what was then the Eastern Bloc that the ubiquitous propaganda was not intended to persuade, much less to inform, but to humiliate; for citizens had not merely to avoid contradicting it in public, but actually to agree with it in public. Therefore, from the point of view of the ruling power, the less true and more outrageously false the propaganda was, the better. For to force people to assent to propositions that are outrageously false, on pain of losing their livelihoods or worse, was to crush them morally and psychologically, and thus make them docile, easily manipulated, and complicit in their own enslavement. Increasingly in our daily lives we find ourselves in analogous situations.”
Theodore Dalrymple in his essay "The Soviet Way".

Interesting point.  What does it have to do with the topic?

Edit to add:  To steer it back to Trump.  Wouldn't calling every Republican who doesn't support Trump a RINO amount to the same thing? 

Edited by Gromdor
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Edit to add:  To steer it back to Trump.  Wouldn't calling every Republican who doesn't support Trump a RINO amount to the same thing? 

The Republican Party doesn’t attempt to frame the issues with racial comments. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, simplybill said:

The Republican Party doesn’t attempt to frame the issues with racial comments. 

But that's what you are doing right now.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

But that's what you are doing right now.......

No, I’m not framing the discussion with racial comments. I’m pointing out the Democrat Party’s tactics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Here is a published review of Presidents Trump public behavior and his Malignant Narcissism.

Observations of Trump’s public personality

• Donald Trump does not like rules, protocol, criticism or opposition. He often challenges the status quo and he does not accept orders. If we add his impulsiveness to these behaviors, we have what is classified by the DSM-5 as antisocial behavior.
  • He has a very short attention span. He shows little interest in opinions that are different from his own and his mental frameworks are very rigid. His ability to process written information is limited. He limits himself to living in the present, giving the impression that he doesn’t consider the possible long-term consequences of his behavior.
  • Donald Trump has a clearly narcissistic personality. Also, he tends to trust very few people and has a very dichotomous thought process about relationships: you’re either a friend or an enemy, you’re a patriot or you’re not.
  • He seems to have very little impulse control.
  • He does not trust intellectuals, he labels journalists as “dangerous,” and he avoids anyone who is an expert because he assumes they’ll oppose his opinion.
  • Donald Trump is very socially apt, but with only one purpose: to be the center of attention. If he doesn’t get to be the center, he feels frustrated and angry.
  • According to these finding he is considered a malignant narcissism.
  • https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/05/04/trump-malignant-narcissistic-disorder-psychiatry-column/101243584/
  • Peace

Just to clarify, this link is an opinion piece in USA Today 2017. So it's not published as in published research, unless there is suppose to be a second link or link within a link. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Just to clarify, this link is an opinion piece in USA Today 2017. So it's not published as in published research, unless there is suppose to be a second link or link within a link. , 

No clarification needed, this gentleman  is a academic scholar who has a large list of published works. Psychologist John Gartner, the founder of Duty To Warn, taught in the Department of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine for 28 years.

Here is another link that goes into much with many links, this evaluation goes through his entire life and shows a pattern of his behavior starting when he was young.

https://mentalhealth.com/home/dx/TRUMP.html

Peace

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

No clarification needed, this gentleman  is a academic scholar who has a large list of published works. Psychologist John Gartner, the founder of Duty To Warn, taught in the Department of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine for 28 years.

Here is another link that goes into much with many links, this evaluation goes through his entire life and shows a pattern of his behavior starting when he was young.

https://mentalhealth.com/home/dx/TRUMP.html

Peace

Violates the Goldwater Rule.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Violates the Goldwater Rule.

Yes it does, but it doesn't change the fact that these observations were made Buzz.

Peace

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes it does, but it doesn't change the fact that these observations were made Buzz.

Peace

Obviously he had no scruples to violate his ethics so as far as I'm concerned his observations are political.

• The topic was locked