Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump - Narcissistic personality disorder

Grim Reaper 6

Does it appear that President Trump suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Does President Trump or does he not suffer from Narcissistic personality disorder

• Do you think that President Trump suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder
    • Do you think that there is really no chance he suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder
    • Do you think that he does maybe have some traits described by Narcissistic personality disorder
    • Do you think he is both has Narcissistic personality disorder and that he also has psychopathic tendnacies.
    • Do you think that he is actually just a psychopath

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

No clarification needed, this gentleman  is a academic scholar who has a large list of published works. Psychologist John Gartner, the founder of Duty To Warn, taught in the Department of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine for 28 years.

Here is another link that goes into much with many links, this evaluation goes through his entire life and shows a pattern of his behavior starting when he was young.

https://mentalhealth.com/home/dx/TRUMP.html

Peace

That psychologist needs sacking for professional misconduct in that case.

His profession bans them from issuing claims of mental illness without having interviewed and assessed the client, and even if he had (which he hasn't) he is then bound by patient confidentiality.

Its unprofessional of him, he should be let go immediately.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

That psychologist needs sacking for professional misconduct in that case.

His profession bans them from issuing claims of mental illness without having interviewed and assessed the client, and even if he had (which he hasn't) he is then bound by patient confidentiality.

Its unprofessional of him, he should be let go immediately.

I understand that's the way you see it, but I don't really agree. If not for people like him who would speak out against people with mental issues Like President Trump has, who else would do it. Trump is very vindictive and he would attack anyone just doing their job if they don't agree with him, so it takes someone like that Doctor to do what he did. You call him a Villain I call him a hero for standing up and speaking the truth, history will someday tell us which one of us was right. Until then we can agree to disagree respectfully.

Peace Cookie 

47 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I understand that's the way you see it, but I don't really agree. If not for people like him who would speak out against people with mental issues Like President Trump has, who else would do it. Trump is very vindictive and he would attack anyone just doing their job if they don't agree with him, so it takes someone like that Doctor to do what he did. You call him a Villain I call him a hero for standing up and speaking the truth, history will someday tell us which one of us was right. Until then we can agree to disagree respectfully.

Peace Cookie 

He cannot speak out about mental health issues without having assessed him in a clinical setting to determine what, if any, he is suffering from.

To me it looks like this is a politically motivated attack and he should be let go immediately. The profession has a strict code of conduct that they are required to abide too so a complaint should be me to the psychology body he is registered with to be practicing.

Trump is a jerk to groups of people on the left, that is not evidence of mental illness. Thats a jerk, albeit one us on the right find funny lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

He cannot speak out about mental health issues without having assessed him in a clinical setting to determine what, if any, he is suffering from.

To me it looks like this is a politically motivated attack and he should be let go immediately. The profession has a strict code of conduct that they are required to abide too so a complaint should be me to the psychology body he is registered with to be practicing.

Trump is a jerk to groups of people on the left, that is not evidence of mental illness. Thats a jerk, albeit one us on the right find funny lol.

Like I said we can agree to disagree!

Peace

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace Cookie 

The APA has already weighed in on this kind of behavior and they disagree with you.

You find it acceptable only because it fits your narrative. In other words "If the end justifies the means"

https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/news-releases/apa-calls-for-end-to-armchair-psychiatry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The APA has already weighed in on this kind of behavior and they disagree with you.

You find it acceptable only because it fits your narrative. In other words "If the end justifies the means"

https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/news-releases/apa-calls-for-end-to-armchair-psychiatry

Buzz and you find it repugnant because it doesn't fit yours. However, I say be dammed with the APA because there is nothing they can do about it except write another article saying Bad boy Bad Boy!!!:yes: He hasn't lost his license to practice, and they cant take it, so what good is their opinion when they have no power to enforce it.!!!!!!!:tu:

Peace Buzz

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Buzz and you find it repugnant because it doesn't fit yours. However, I say be dammed with the APA because there is nothing they can do about it except write another article saying Bad boy Bad Boy!!!:yes: He hasn't lost his license to practice, and they cant take it, so what good is their opinion when they have no power to enforce it.!!!!!!!:tu:

Peace Buzz

You'll be moaning about it if Biden every got into power, because every Psychopath .. sorry.. Psychologist .. with right-wing leanings will be making online diagnostics about Joe's mental health ! :D 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You'll be moaning about it if Biden every got into power, because every Psychopath .. sorry.. Psychologist .. with right-wing leanings will be making online diagnostics about Joe's mental health ! :D

Yes they would and rightly so, because Joe is a asss hat. The difference between Joe and the Don is simple, the Don is a Narcasistic Psychotic Megalomaniac and Joe is a Coward that hides in his basement. Now Don is also a coward, all  people that suffer from Narcasistic Psychotic Megalomania are cowards the difference is they are dangerous and destructive. When they go out they want to take everything around them with them, I mean scorched earth like Hitler did to Germany. Now Joe, for him power is safety, I mean this guy tries to play the big game but he doesn't have the male organs to take it to the limit. Last, I don't know how many times I have said this, but I wish people would pay attention.

My comments are not politically motived, I have disliked Trump for 30 year's and my comments are directed at things that are obvious failings on his part. Now I suppose many people would say that they feel sorry for him, but not me, because he brings all the stress and drama upon himself by his own actions. I know he cant help it, because he is a very troubled individual but, he is also dangerous, for my country and for the American people. This is because he cant feel sympathy or empathy, along with the plight of the average American, his only concerns are for what he can do to glorify himself. Even when speaks, it always I am this or I am that or I know best, or I am brilliant, or  I take no responsibility, I I I and on and on. Its really kinda sicking. Well that's it Doc!!!!!!!!!:D

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:58 AM, DieChecker said:

I voted "Maybe", because he definately displays many if the symptoms, but I dont know to what degree it requires to be a diagnosed, or if there has to be all, or just one, of the symptoms. Just about everyone I know would qualify for one of the symptoms to some degree.

Edit: and I'd be hard pressed to not believe, to some degree, HRC, Prez Bill Clinton, Prez Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler, Schiff, Cruz, AOC, Rep Omar, and any number of others arent showing nearly the same symptoms. Again, at least to some degree.

nearly the same symptoms?   Trump clearly has a personality disorder and you don't need to have an MD to see that.  You should probably read up on personality disorders.  We all have variations in our personality types, and perhaps share traits, but few of us fall outside the range of adaptive behavior into sociopathy like Mr. Trump.  He is a very flawed man.  He has been that way for all his life.  IF he were not rich, he would have been in prison decades ago. I would not be surprised if there were not murders in his past yet unsolved. He is so far off the charts, you would need a sharpie to correct his bell curve. 

• Like 2

https://www.mayoclinic.org

Overview

A personality disorder is a type of mental disorder in which you have a rigid and unhealthy pattern of thinking, functioning and behaving. A person with a personality disorder has trouble perceiving and relating to situations and people. This causes significant problems and limitations in relationships, social activities, work and school.

In some cases, you may not realize that you have a personality disorder because your way of thinking and behaving seems natural to you. And you may blame others for the challenges you face.

Personality disorders usually begin in the teenage years or early adulthood. There are many types of personality disorders. Some types may become less obvious throughout middle age.More...

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Painful for you is it?  Every intelligence service since ww II have developed psychological profiles  on world leaders. You don't think the Chinese, Russians and for that matter our allies have a diagnosis on Mr. Trump?  The Goldwater rule was just a reaction to the 1964 election when we had another extreme candidate that seem to be leading us to a hot war with the Soviet Union.   Boy were we hard on Mr. Goldwater. We thought we knew crazy, but now we really do. Actually Mr. Goldwater became very moderate by the end of his life. Maybe even liberal by today's crazy standards.  Goldwater was one of the Senators that told Nixon it was time to go....

https://www.psychguides.com/mental-health-disorders/personality/

What Causes a Personality Disorder?

Personality disorders are caused by a mixture of genetic factors, such as a family history of disorders and upbringing. People who have a dysfunctional home life in early childhood and adolescence can develop personality disorders in later life. For example, a lack of constructive criticism or excessive praise could foster narcissistic personality disorder. It takes knowledge of a person’s background and family history to pinpoint what causes a personality disorder, and it is not an exact science.

Edited by micahc
  • Like 1

I think the only realistic answer to this poll, besides "Of course he does" is the question "Can you name a high ranking politician that does not qualify as having some degree of narcissistic personality disorder?"  Every one of them and every high placed corporate executive, military officer, etc. would qualify.  Anyone who believes they have what it takes to run the world is a narcissist.  The rest of of us (people that are not sociopaths and narcissists) would probably be so bothered by the negative consequences that many of the decisions that are made by someone with that much power would be totally ineffective at the job in an attempt to do no harm.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think the only realistic answer to this poll, besides "Of course he does" is the question "Can you name a high ranking politician that does not qualify as having some degree of narcissistic personality disorder?"  Every one of them and every high placed corporate executive, military officer, etc. would qualify.  Anyone who believes they have what it takes to run the world is a narcissist.  The rest of of us (people that are not sociopaths and narcissists) would probably be so bothered by the negative consequences that many of the decisions that are made by someone with that much power would be totally ineffective at the job in an attempt to do no harm.

yes I can, and so can you.  I can also name very dangerous men in history who have personality disorder. whats your point?  I thought I knew what a narcissist was until trump came along. he is beyond ordinary use of the word.  he is a very deranged man child.  I don't think he is in the league of a Churchill, T or F Roosevelt, or Eisenhower.  He is up there with Hitler, Mussolini and Caligula except they didn't dodge the draft. He is more Walter Mitty, I suppose, with a dose of  John Wayne Gacey and  Charles Ponzi.

Edited by micahc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, micahc said:

yes I can, and so can you.  I can also name very dangerous men in history who have personality disorder. whats your point?  I thought I knew what a narcissist was until trump came along. he is beyond ordinary use of the word.  he is a very deranged man child.  I don't think he is in the league of a Churchill, T or F Roosevelt, or Eisenhower.  He is up there with Hitler, Mussolini and Caligula except they didn't dodge the draft. He is more Walter Mitty, I suppose, with a dose of  John Wayne Gacey and  Charles Ponzi.

So you unblocked me eh?  Too bad.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

That's probably not true.  For example, do you suppose Bill Clinton is a psychopath?  GWB? Obama?  They all are.  Trump is just so politically incorrect that he really infuriates delicate people, that's the big difference.

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So you unblocked me eh?  Too bad.

just for the post, because I was curious how you would respond. I see its the same trumpist response that everybody does it.  oh well.  one day you will realize how wrong you have been. probably will lie to your grandchildren about your support for trump who history will treat appropriately.  Trump will become the new Metaphor for traitor. Benedict Arnold, you are going to be replaced soon.

• Like 1

A psychopath will tell you what you want to hear with clever words.

A narcissist will say what they want to say regardless of if you want to hear it lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's probably not true.  For example, do you suppose Bill Clinton is a psychopath?  GWB? Obama?  They all are.  Trump is just so politically incorrect that he really infuriates delicate people, that's the big difference.

they are not psycho paths.  you really need to study up a little.  trump is not politically incorrect. he is rude, and a liar.  politically incorrect is speaking the painful truth, it is not being rude, and telling lies all day. that is the act of a sociopath.  Eleanor Roosevelt, and George Carlin, could be politically incorrect. Trump is just incorrect.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

A psychopath will tell you what you want to hear with clever words.

A narcissist will say what they want to say regardless of if you want to hear it lol.

You confuse narcissist with narcissistic personality disorder.  and throw in psychopath as if you know what that means.  Trump has a personality disorder and has zero principles of his own.  he has been conning his flock by trying to say what he thinks turns them own which is usually racist, xenophobic rantings.  go play him from 30 years ago. he wanted to be the posh sounding mannhattan liberal, but he only made it to court jester. then he found you people.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, micahc said:

just for the post, because I was curious how you would respond. I see its the same trumpist response that everybody does it.  oh well.  one day you will realize how wrong you have been. probably will lie to your grandchildren about your support for trump who history will treat appropriately.  Trump will become the new Metaphor for traitor. Benedict Arnold, you are going to be replaced soon.

Uh huh.  If I don't hate trump beyond all sense or reason I'm a trumpist (:rofl:) who will be replaced and lie to my grandchildren. Were you in drama club in school? FYI, I did not vote for trump, I just live in reality. 

1 minute ago, micahc said:

You confuse narcissist with narcissistic personality disorder.  and throw in psychopath as if you know what that means.  Trump has a personality disorder and has zero principles of his own.  he has been conning his flock by trying to say what he thinks turns them own which is usually racist, xenophobic rantings.  go play him from 30 years ago. he wanted to be the posh sounding mannhattan liberal, but he only made it to court jester. then he found you people.  

Lol! Oh God I'm dieing :rofl: lol. 

I don't even know where to start 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Uh huh.  If I don't hate trump beyond all sense or reason I'm a trumpist (:rofl:) who will be replaced and lie to my grandchildren. Were you in drama club in school? FYI, I did not vote for trump, I just live in reality. 

Trump is a very evil man and a traitor. he loves his dictators for a reason, so yes, all decent people should hate trump. absolutely.

• Like 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Lol! Oh God I'm dieing :rofl: lol. 

I don't even know where to start 

I am sure you don't.

25 minutes ago, micahc said:

Or the rapist, Bill Clinton? 

6 minutes ago, micahc said:

I am sure you don't.

Please tell me what about my statement was wrong to you.

I am all ears.^_^

A psychopath will tell you what you want to hear with clever words.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked