Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Winchester Mystery House lies eerily empty

UM-Bot

Like many other attractions.

• Like 4

It's a stunning mansion, in a garish sort of way. I'd love to go through it some day, in spite of how much I hate getting caught up in maze-like structures.

• Like 4

"...Lies eerily empty..."

WTH. Maybe because nobody lives there? Ya think?

"Author's brain lies eerily empty."

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/23/2020 at 8:38 PM, UM-Bot said:

During lockdown, the enigmatic mansion is as quiet as it was during the days Sarah Winchester lived there.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/337177/winchester-mystery-house-lies-eerily-empty

This house certainly has an interesting story behind it, I would like to tour it. I wonder if they would rent out for the weekend, even though nothing supernatural would happen, your mind could certain play tricks that would make it worth wild.:D

Peace 

quoted from article:

the enigmatic mansion has 161 rooms, 40 staircases ( some of which leading to nowhere ), 10,000 windows and 2,000 doors.

what?? 10 thousand windows & 2 thousand doors? that can't be right surely:unsure2:

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

quoted from article:

the enigmatic mansion has 161 rooms, 40 staircases ( some of which leading to nowhere ), 10,000 windows and 2,000 doors.

what?? 10 thousand windows & 2 thousand doors? that can't be right surely:unsure2:

Closets. Lots and lots of closets.

Harte

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Harte said:

Closets. Lots and lots of closets.

Harte

yep, still seems a lot to me but i see your point.. cheers.

who went around counting them, & why?:D

Probably looking for their misplaced flashlight.

Harte

• Like 1

Really who cares? Just another old house for ghost hunters to make tv series out of.

Really who cares? Just another old house for ghost hunters to make tv series out of.

Sorry for double posting, too much Vodka.^_^

"the enigmatic mansion is as quiet as it was during the days Sarah Winchester lived there"

Construction was ongoing for 38 years, until the day Sarah died.

Would be interesting to know that the property is value at today, it's in a prime time location.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2020 at 1:07 AM, Dejarma said:

quoted from article:

All the doors and staircases, corridors, windows etc... were supposed to confuse the ghosts of all the dead that the Winchester rifle was responsible for killing. The Sarah Winchester was convinced they were out to get her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1