Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Mars colonists could be genetically modified

Seti42
Posted (edited)

I don't think we should send people to Mars until we've established a larger orbital station (to launch from) and/or a moon base with residents first. (Or at LEAST send people back to the moon first to test out all the needed tech...)
Baby steps, people.
Sending people to Mars would just be a needless waste and a super high risk now, or in the near future before we know more about people being in deeper space for a year+ and inhabiting an atmosphere-less space rock.
We also need it to be a global coalition/effort, not just a US vs. them 'competition'.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

fred_mc

I doubt that genetically modifying humans can be considered ethical. I think that maybe it can be for curing diseases but not for "enhancing" people so they can go to Mars.

Waspie_Dwarf
6 hours ago, fred_mc said:

I doubt that genetically modifying humans can be considered ethical. I think that maybe it can be for curing diseases but not for "enhancing" people so they can go to Mars.

I'm not sure what is unethical about it.

Using genetic modification to produce super-warriors or a master race, yes that's unethical, but using the process to ensure the survival of the human race seems to be about as ethical as you can get.

third_eye

Isn't that the synopsis extract from Doom Eternal? 

~

XenoFish
6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Isn't that the synopsis extract from Doom Eternal? 

~

No. Doom Eternal revolves around the Khan Makyr using human souls as an energy source. Doomguy no likey that they helped hell invade earth with the help of the Deag's (hell priest) of Sentinel Prime. 

• Like 1

jbondo
Posted (edited)

More like this:

Edited by jbondo