Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hauntings in Oklahoma

Dustyrose33

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/ghosts-from-ok/

Here are some stories about hauntings in Oklahoma, where I currently live.   I'm not far from one of the reported haunts, called Fort Washita, of which an article said was one of the most haunted places in Oklahoma.   At times I would drive on a highway which passed right by the Fort, and always get a creepy feeling   I've spoken to people who said they've been there many times, as until the lockdown the Fort has a reenactment of the Civil War every year, but probably not this year.   I really don't have a desire to go there.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 2

I doesn't seem we have to travel far to find a good ghost story. Your mentioning Fort Washista rustled up a memory from my visit to a local fort, Fort Wayne, in Detroit. I took a guided tour of the fort with a guide who has been involved as a worker there for some time. But anyway towards the end of the tour I, being interested in the paranormal, asked if he ever experienced any paranormal activity at the fort as it has quite a history. He said they were restoring a building one day and he saw a guy in the window well-dressed from a bygone era. My guide went in the building to introduce himself assuming it was a modern reenactor in period clothes. My guide said he stood face to face with  the gentleman. My guide gave his name and outstretched his hand for a shake and the gentleman disappeared. He said the guy looked perfectly normal except his hair was particularly well groomed (whatever that means). 

As the guide seemed perfectly normal and did not offer the story but only gave me the story from my request it gets a 90% on the Papameter.

• Like 1

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/fort-washita-ok/

This is another link about hauntings in Oklahoma, and near the end of the post is a short video with some people who went to Fort Washita.   In it a man is holding a device to record sounds and he asked a question.   If you listen very close it sounds like there is a faint grunt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 19_Kilo said:

Yeah, I think Fort Washita was originally established as part of that "Trail of Tears" act of terrorism the US Government perpetrated on the Choctaw, Chickashaw, Cherokee, and others back in 1839. Stands to reason it'd be haunted by some still-plssed-off Indian spirits. Who can blame them? I've driven thru Durant before. Bad juju.

Yeah, quite the legacy for the father of the modern Democrat Party, eh?  Steal the land, sell part for money and the rest for votes.  Jackson, what a guy...

• Like 2