Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Lonnie Zamora Incident

Dustyrose33

https://www.socorronm.org/attractions/socorro-landing-a-ufo-story/

I first saw this story on Unsolved Mysteries many years ago and an still intrigued with it.   I'm sure this police officer never forgot his experience.  When young I saw my first UFO, and like someone told me "you never forget it when you see one", and I haven't.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 3

Another military test. When the military made their 'secret' planes , they would take them out for test flights. Sure landing them would have been apart of the test run.

The thing is, the shape of these crafts were not seen before by people not involved in it, so yes they certainly were UFO'S  to people on the  outside, but they were not UFO'S  to those who were involved in the making of them. (Who were humans)  

• Like 6

Yeah, i believe that type thing happened with betty cash but she went nuts embellishing, zamora was grounded.

The thing that stood out to me about the zamora event was what he described wasnt very high tech, didnt seem like it could travel out in space and just had an "unknown test vehicle" feel to it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Previous discussions here:

and

• Like 1

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yeah, i believe that type thing happened with betty cash but she went nuts embellishing, zamora was grounded.

The thing that stood out to me about the zamora event was what he described wasnt very high tech, didnt seem like it could travel out in space and just had an "unknown test vehicle" feel to it.

There is an air force base 70 miles north of there where Sandia Labs is based as well.

• Like 1

Hard to say for sure what happened that day, but I think the cop was telling the truth as he saw it.

Having that said, I always thought that poor Lonnie was the victim of a hoax. 

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Previous discussions here:

and

Wow, that was a blast from the past. :D

It makes me wonder what happened to some of those guys, like Evangium, Donteatus, Skyeagle, etc...

The zamora case was high on my list in my early days only to fall to the bottom like roswell after i did my own research and thinking.

Its a case where some could slam the door quickly, say zamora was making it up or had a mental problem, there done, how boring.

If one reads the original accounts of zamora as i said before this just doesnt describe a space craft that could carry to passengers thru space, and while i dont rule out some sort of a test on one of our secret craft or landers that theory has its holes,  the description he stated doesnt make me think lander or even very high tech.

I dont place much faith in college kids hoaxing this one, they would have had to have invested a fair amount of money to do something as zamora described, to build a air craft capable of hauling two persons and able to have controlled take offs and landings, this wasnt a candle in a balloon party lantern, unless of course zamora embellished a lot, which would have certainly titilated his hoaxes,

I also highly doubt that after decades these mystery hoaxers never stepped forward, its been over 50 years, bragging rights would have been a huge motivator,

So back to testing secret craft, not a high tech ( at the time ) lander but rather a blimp,  hot air balloon type idea, which require a blast of hot air to keep going, blimps/balloons were popular then and the color and flight characteristics fit, 

This one leaves me with options, hot air balloon, hoax, zamora making up all or parts of his story, which since all we really have is his story, i place very little faith in people who claim they saw it too after a story is popular,

Stories like his do not in any way prove to me or even vaugely suggest that aliens visted here and zamora saw them and their craft.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

The zamora case was high on my list in my early days only to fall to the bottom like roswell after i did my own research and thinking.

Its a case where some could slam the door quickly, say zamora was making it up or had a mental problem, there done, how boring.

If one reads the original accounts of zamora as i said before this just doesnt describe a space craft that could carry to passengers thru space, and while i dont rule out some sort of a test on one of our secret craft or landers that theory has its holes,  the description he stated doesnt make me think lander or even very high tech.

I dont place much faith in college kids hoaxing this one, they would have had to have invested a fair amount of money to do something as zamora described, to build a air craft capable of hauling two persons and able to have controlled take offs and landings, this wasnt a candle in a balloon party lantern, unless of course zamora embellished a lot, which would have certainly titilated his hoaxes,

I also highly doubt that after decades these mystery hoaxers never stepped forward, its been over 50 years, bragging rights would have been a huge motivator,

So back to testing secret craft, not a high tech ( at the time ) lander but rather a blimp,  hot air balloon type idea, which require a blast of hot air to keep going, blimps/balloons were popular then and the color and flight characteristics fit, 

This one leaves me with options, hot air balloon, hoax, zamora making up all or parts of his story, which since all we really have is his story, i place very little faith in people who claim they saw it too after a story is popular,

Stories like his do not in any way prove to me or even vaugely suggest that aliens visted here and zamora saw them and their craft.

Believe how you will, but my father was a high-ranking Senior Master Sargent when he retired from the Air Force after serving for 20 years.   He also had earned many medals.   He was a truthful, no-nonsense kind of man.    He told me part of his duty took him through New Mexico where another high- ranking officer told him they had retrieved some bodies from the Roswell crash.  My father had no reason to doubt the man, who didn't have to say anything.         I have no reason to doubt my dad, and some people will tell you, you don't mess with a Senior Master Sargent.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Believe how you will, but my father was a high-ranking Senior Master Sargent when he retired from the Air Force after serving for 28 years.   He also had earned many medals.   He was a truthful, no-nonsense kind of man.    He told me part of his duty took him through New Mexico where another high- ranking officer told him they had retrieved some bodies from the Roswell crash.  My father had no reason to doubt the man, who didn't have to say anything.         I have no reason to doubt my dad, and some people will tell you, you don't mess with a Senior Master Sargent.

I just wanted to post this about my dad, because he makes me so proud to be his daughter:

A veteran of 28 years with the U.S. Army Air Corps, Mr. ........ served two overseas tours - the European-African-Middle Eastern Theater during World War II and in the Pacific Theater. He was awarded numerous decorations including the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with 1 Silver and 1 Bronze Star, the Good Conduct Medal with Silver Clasp - 1 Loop, the American Defense Service Medal, the American Campaign Medal, the World War II Victory Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Air Force Longevity Service Award with 3 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters, the Distinguished Unit Citation and the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award.

So you see, my dad told me what that officer told him, and I believe it as truth.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Believe how you will, but my father was a high-ranking Senior Master Sargent when he retired from the Air Force after serving for 20 years.   He also had earned many medals.   He was a truthful, no-nonsense kind of man.    He told me part of his duty took him through New Mexico where another high- ranking officer told him they had retrieved some bodies from the Roswell crash.  My father had no reason to doubt the man, who didn't have to say anything.         I have no reason to doubt my dad, and some people will tell you, you don't mess with a Senior Master Sargent.

I will believe how i will and at the same time fully respect what you believe and in no way want my opinions to be mistaken as any kind of insult towards anyone,

Over 40 years ive studied the roswell case more than i wanna admit i went into it decades back believing that it might proof of alien craft crashed and bodies were retrived, but now i do not believe it was anything more than radar reflectors and balloon debris. Period.

If one goes back to the clean orginal reports, mac brazels report to the sheriff was perfect match for radar targets and balloon wreckage, then what marcel jr claims dad showed him back then also matches RTBW ( radar targets and balloon wreckage ) the descriptions were not anything that could travel through space.  but like a crashed box kite.

None of the original reports mention bodies ,

The case pretty much died for many years decades until stanton friedman hooked up with marcel sr who now told a revised or embellished version of his orginal tale and it actually made for jr and sr marcells stories contradicting one another, i have many documentaries were their stories do not match.

And what had happened decades later was a huge lot of folks seeking attention and or profit popped up with all kinds of new ( made up ) tales of the roswell crash, folks like frankie rowe and frank Kaufmann, glenn dennis made up wild tales of bodies, 2nd crashes, etc etc,  dennis earned a great living off it,

none with a shred of evidence of their claims just stories and many when investigated by roswell crash believers proved they were, to be blunt full of bull, for example after he died kaufmanns wife exposed his ruse to an investagator.

It was bad, i saw an old marcell sr in interviews basically retelling what these charlatans had made up like it was his orginal story but it wasnt and it made his son look really bad. What else it did was splinter things so badly that theres more wrong abd misinformation out there than boring facts. Some folks get very confused and believe the false claims.

You have to look at what you told me from my perspective, its 3rd party, an alleged man who i dont know his name or when or where told your dad the tales of bodies found at roswell, and of course they are all high ranking military,  its a story, thats all,

But we have no evidense or proof and your story has been told countless times by many others about their friend or family member told them this or that. A person can be sincere and still wrong, or duped.

So for me its just another story for you its unshakable proof, i fully respect you believe it and i hope you can at the very least accept that for me it doesnt prove anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I just wanted to post this about my dad, because he makes me so proud to be his daughter

Again nothing i posted is meant as insult to you or your dad but im out for facts, evidence and proof.

I have enough stories.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I will believe how i will and at the same time fully respect what you believe and in no way want my opinions to be mistaken as any kind of insult towards anyone,

Over 40 years ive studied the roswell case more than i wanna admit i went into it decades back believing that it might proof of alien craft crashed and bodies were retrived, but now i do not believe it was anything more than radar reflectors and balloon debris. Period.

If one goes back to the clean orginal reports, mac brazels report to the sheriff was perfect match for radar targets and balloon wreckage, then what marcel jr claims dad showed him back then also matches RTBW ( radar targets and balloon wreckage ) the descriptions were not anything that could travel through space.  but like a crashed box kite.

None of the original reports mention bodies ,

The case pretty much died for many years decades until stanton friedman hooked up with marcel sr who now told a revised or embellished version of his orginal tale and it actually made for jr and sr marcells stories contradicting one another, i have many documentaries were their stories do not match.

And what had happened decades later was a huge lot of folks seeking attention and or profit popped up with all kinds of new ( made up ) tales of the roswell crash, folks like frankie rowe and frank Kaufmann, glenn dennis made up wild tales of bodies, 2nd crashes, etc etc,  dennis earned a great living off it,

none with a shred of evidence of their claims just stories and many when investigated by roswell crash believers proved they were, to be blunt full of bull, for example after he died kaufmanns wife exposed his ruse to an investagator.

It was bad, i saw an old marcell sr in interviews basically retelling what these charlatans had made up like it was his orginal story but it wasnt and it made his son look really bad. What else it did was splinter things so badly that theres more wrong abd misinformation out there than boring facts. Some folks get very confused and believe the false claims.

You have to look at what you told me from my perspective, its 3rd party, an alleged man who i dont know his name or when or where he told your dad of the bodies found at roswell, and of course they are all high ranking military,  its a story, thats all,

But we have no evidense or proof and your story has been told countless times by many others about their friend or family member told them this or that. A person can be sincere and still wrong, or duped.

So for me its just another story for you its unshakable proof, i fully respect you believe it and i hope you can at the very least accept that for me it doesnt prove anything.

Thank you for  your inputs, and I do respect your views.   I do believe for many years there has been a military cover-up.   Perhaps some day there will be undeniable proof.   I don't believe with the vastness of the universe we could possibly be alone.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Thank you for  your inputs, and I do respect your views.   I do believe for many years there has been a military cover-up.   Perhaps some day there will be undeniable proof.   I don't believe with the vastness of the universe we could possibly be alone.

My belief that there is other life out there and even very rare intelligent life has very little to do with earth bound stories of aliens, i am 56 young in the 70s and believed so much, about 98% of what i believed went to the dumpster,

Do i believe our gov, hides and cover up stuff for reasons of national sercurity but if that includes proof of aliens then they are doing a great job,

Sadly i do not believe the day of disclosure stuff or that i will live to see first contact, the universe is just too vast.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Wow, that was a blast from the past. :D

It makes me wonder what happened to some of those guys, like Evangium, Donteatus, Skyeagle, etc...

I thought the same thing...whilst it got heated at times there were so many good debates....even guys like McGuffin, Boony, .....and quite a few others....maybe they still log in and follow but don't post!  (mainly what I do nowadays- nothing worth debating)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2020 at 5:49 AM, freetoroam said:

(Who were likely humans)