Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Peter B

Alleged paedophile fit to be extradited

33 posts in this topic

zep73

They're born that way. Just like psychopaths. For each one it's a tragedy that spreads.

First they have to learn that their urges and instincts are wrong, and then they have to actively fight themselves.

And the world hates them, with a passion.

Do I feel sorry for them? Sometimes, yeah.

• Like 1

Peter B

And the appeal has been rejected...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-02/malka-leifer-israel-supreme-court-australia-extradition/12623652

Israel's Supreme Court has rejected an appeal by a former school principal Malka Leifer wanted in Australia on charges of child sex abuse, saying her mental condition does not prevent her extradition...

The judges unanimously rejected Ms Leifer's appeal against a Jerusalem court's ruling in May that she was fit to stand trial, saying it was "putting an end to the saga that has been drawn out for many years"...

Australia requested Ms Leifer's extradition in 2014 on 74 charges of child sex abuse and more than 60 Israeli court hearings have followed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great Old Man

Well, he can escape from the law, But not from the karma.

Our mind remember everything.

Someday he will pay for this.

• Thanks 1

Golden Duck
2 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

Who?

Great Old Man
On 9/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, Golden Duck said:

Who?

Criminals. who did bad things on children.

• Thanks 1

Cookie Monster
On 5/27/2020 at 12:13 AM, zep73 said:

They're born that way. Just like psychopaths. For each one it's a tragedy that spreads.

First they have to learn that their urges and instincts are wrong, and then they have to actively fight themselves.

And the world hates them, with a passion.

Do I feel sorry for them? Sometimes, yeah.

Yes, research findings indicate its genetic.

Specifically they are missing emotional attachment, sense of caring, and compassion towards their own children and those of other people. They really dont see a child as a child, or even a human being. They are mere objects too them to be used as they see fit. Its often seen with ASPD because that has the same genetic problems going on (plus others).

I dont know why society puts up with psychopaths, sociopaths, and paedophiles. A lot of excuses are made for them by people who dont know what they are talking about. Society should get rid of them. They are pure evil and wreck havoc on the lives of the people they encounter.

• Like 2

zep73
11 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Society should get rid of them.

And sink to their callous level?

It is by helping them we show our humanity.

• Haha 1

Cookie Monster
10 hours ago, zep73 said:

You cannot help them, and in fact they cannot help themselves either, and thats the point.

Psychopathy, sociopathy, and paedophilia cannot be treated or cured. Its not a disease, its a defective brain arising from genetics. You can lock them up and hope the loss of freedom will stop them reoffending again. You can try to teach them ways of managing their conditions. But you cannot cure them and therefore they always remain a liability.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 2

Rlyeh
On 9/3/2020 at 2:52 PM, Great Old Man said:

It's a woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and then
On 9/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, zep73 said:

Who will help their victims?

• Thanks 1

zep73
On 9/6/2020 at 1:18 AM, and then said:

Most, if not all, victims of abuse receive therapy, if they want it.
But the best approach is to avoid future victims, by helping the perpetrators deal with their 'defects'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LightAngel
On 9/5/2020 at 11:16 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Psychopathy, sociopathy, and paedophilia cannot be treated or cured. 

You are, unfortunately, right!

Maybe one day we will find a cure, but until that happens, then we need to protect children and others against them.

We shouldn't be naive here because that will only create more victims.

• Like 2

LightAngel
On 9/6/2020 at 2:18 AM, and then said:

There are more victims than we know because many people are afraid to talk about their traumas.

They are afraid to be judged, and they feel ashamed, etc.

Again, we need to protect and help children and others much better than we do now!

We shouldn't take this lightly!

It actually makes me angry when people are naive when it comes to this - so many lives are destroyed because some people are turning a blind eye to this!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

joc
3 hours ago, LightAngel said:

You are, unfortunately, right!

Maybe one day we will find a cure, but until that happens, then we need to protect children and others against them.

We shouldn't be naive here because that will only create more victims.

There is a cure...it is the same cure for all heinous criminals.  Public execution by hanging.  

Before long...hmmm...no more heinous criminals...

If you think about it...when every state had the death penalty...we didn't have the crime problem we have today. When we started trying to 'understand' and 'rehabilitate' these monsters, in affect we created the problem we have today.  Before the 'coddling' began...we didn't have the problem...the cure was simple.  Hang them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lightly
51 minutes ago, joc said:

There is a cure...it is the same cure for all heinous criminals.  Public execution by hanging.  

If you think about it...when every state had the death penalty...we didn't have the crime problem we have today. When we started trying to 'understand' and 'rehabilitate' these monsters, in affect we created the problem we have today.  Before the 'coddling' began...we didn't have the problem...the cure was simple.  Hang them. 

I really don't know what to think of the death penalty..but putting that aside.......   I'm not sure I understand any advantage in    Public  hangings.   If the offenders are incurable ..then public hanging would not deter ( the rest of) them .?    And what advantage to the public ,of all ages, to see a human being hanged?

• Like 1

joc
1 hour ago, lightly said:

I really don't know what to think of the death penalty..but putting that aside.......   I'm not sure I understand any advantage in    Public  hangings.   If the offenders are incurable ..then public hanging would not deter ( the rest of) them .?    And what advantage to the public ,of all ages, to see a human being hanged?

Well, in the first place I do not believe that all heinous criminals are born that way... Upbringing has a lot to do with it. Or rather the lack thereof. One thing that would be gained by public hangings is little Johnny asking Mommy why is that man hanging? And Mommy replying because he was a bad man and he did bad things. Little Johnny then has something for the rest of his life to think about... bad things might equal being hung in public.

And then of course there is the closing of the ever revolving-door where repeat offenders make their way through time and time again. No one makes it through the revolving door of public hangings!

• Thanks 1

lightly
2 hours ago, joc said:

Well, in the first place I do not believe that all heinous criminals are born that way... Upbringing has a lot to do with it. Or rather the lack thereof. One thing that would be gained by public hangings is little Johnny asking Mommy why is that man hanging? And Mommy replying because he was a bad man and he did bad things. Little Johnny then has something for the rest of his life to think about... bad things might equal being hung in public.

And then of course there is the closing of the ever revolving-door where repeat offenders make their way through time and time again. No one makes it through the revolving door of public hangings!

Hmm  ya,  every time he remembers the guy hanging there with a broken neck ,a purple face ,and his tounge hanging out..it might keep him from hitting his sister...or letting his room get real messy.  :P    

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 1

LightAngel
On 9/7/2020 at 7:12 PM, joc said:

I wish that would solve the problem in the long run, but it doesn't - it would only solve the problem here and now. 

I think everybody should use self-defense when needed, but I think we should also focus on becoming better at stopping something from happening in the first place.

Prevention is better than cure.

If people stopped turning a blind eye to the signs around them, then it would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

openozy
On 9/8/2020 at 3:12 AM, joc said:

What if they weren't guilty?Set up or lies told leading to their execution.It's happened plenty of times but who cares,we aren't on death row.

• Like 1

joc
2 hours ago, openozy said:

What if they weren't guilty?Set up or lies told leading to their execution.It's happened plenty of times but who cares,we aren't on death row.

I am not advocating lynching.  Found guilty in a court of law...hanging solves more problems than it creates.  First of all.  You rid the world of heinous criminals one at a time while sending a message that if you commit a heinous crime...your fate isn't life in prison with TV and work out gyms and rehabilitation and food and sexual gratification.... it's just the cold hard final end of a rope.  And forget all those appeals.  The ability of criminals to put off their death sentence for 15 years by filing appeals is an insult to the victims and to their families and to all society.  That my friend, is how America got into this mess in the first place...by coddling heinous criminals.  Give them one appeal...to the Governor.  Put the money where the Political Mouth is.

openozy
27 minutes ago, joc said:

I am not advocating lynching.  Found guilty in a court of law...hanging solves more problems than it creates.  First of all.  You rid the world of heinous criminals one at a time while sending a message that if you commit a heinous crime...your fate isn't life in prison with TV and work out gyms and rehabilitation and food and sexual gratification.... it's just the cold hard final end of a rope.  And forget all those appeals.  The ability of criminals to put off their death sentence for 15 years by filing appeals is an insult to the victims and to their families and to all society.  That my friend, is how America got into this mess in the first place...by coddling heinous criminals.  Give them one appeal...to the Governor.  Put the money where the Political Mouth is.

But how many times are the courts wrong?I believe jail is way worse than death,which every living creature has to face, good or bad it's just a part of life.The only good thing about the death penalty is it ensures the criminal doesn't continue hurting victims but it is a sweet release for the purp.The death penalty is only a token to the blood thirsty crowd and you will find most victims have enough on their plate without thinking they caused someone to die, even if it is the person who hurt them.I think a life of hard labour in custody with no luxuries a more suitable punishment.A lot of criminals aren't afraid of death but most I've met hate hard work,lol.

• Like 1

Jon the frog
On 9/4/2020 at 7:03 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Yes, research findings indicate its genetic.

Specifically they are missing emotional attachment, sense of caring, and compassion towards their own children and those of other people. They really dont see a child as a child, or even a human being. They are mere objects too them to be used as they see fit. Its often seen with ASPD because that has the same genetic problems going on (plus others).

I dont know why society puts up with psychopaths, sociopaths, and paedophiles. A lot of excuses are made for them by people who dont know what they are talking about. Society should get rid of them. They are pure evil and wreck havoc on the lives of the people they encounter.

If it's genetic... don't let them have kids...

Jon the frog
28 minutes ago, openozy said:

But how many times are the courts wrong?I believe jail is way worse than death,which every living creature has to face, good or bad it's just a part of life.The only good thing about the death penalty is it ensures the criminal doesn't continue hurting victims but it is a sweet release for the purp.The death penalty is only a token to the blood thirsty crowd and you will find most victims have enough on their plate without thinking they caused someone to die, even if it is the person who hurt them.I think a life of hard labour in custody with no luxuries a more suitable punishment.A lot of criminals aren't afraid of death but most I've met hate hard work,lol.

It depend where you are in jail... here in Canada, you are way better treated in jail than a lot of retirement home. 

• Thanks 1

joc
23 hours ago, openozy said:

The courts are seldom wrong.  A jury isn't flippant about guilty or not guilty.  They are charged with a duty and the vast majority of time they are correct.

Hard Labour?  What is that?  Cruel and unusual punishment I think they call it.  We don't live in the days of Cool Hand Luke.  They have work out rooms, TV's,  etc.   Personally, I'd rather be dead, face down in the dirt with a bullet in my head than spend the rest of my life incarcerated.

The fact is:  Some people should die.  Why pay tax dollars to keep them breathing?  They aren't going to hurt anyone else if they are dead.  In the days of the Wild West there were horse thieves...and train robbers...there are always going to be criminals.  But...in the days of the Wild West, they hung them when they caught them.  In Saudi Arabia if you see a wallet on the street corner you don't pick it up...you could lose your hand for theft.  The death penalty is a deterrent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1