Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RoofGardener

Palestinian Authority Cancels all agreements

31 posts in this topic

Manwon Lender
On 5/27/2020 at 9:17 PM, RoofGardener said:

I don't know what to make of this ? 

Mahmoud Abbas has stated that the Palestinian Authority is cancelling all agreements with Israel. And with America, for that matter. This includes the Oslo accords. 

I don't know what to make of this ? The P.A. and Israel have a large number of agreements; everything from security, to supply of electricity and water, and revenue collection of duty on goods imported into the Palestine Authority areas. Israel hands over MILLIONS each month to the P.A. If all agreements are null, then this will presumably stop ? 

Similarly, Israel issues work permits to tens - possibly hundreds - of thousands of Arab Palestinians to work in Israel. If that stops... well... Israel can always bring in workers from Thailand and India, but where will the Palestinians get jobs from ? 

It seems like the PA are bent on self destruction ?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/the-times/palestinians-end-security-deal-with-israel-as-netanyahu-pushes-for-annexation/news-story/92ef39f37e6e6e08c69d8096bcfb2e69

To me it can only mean one thing, by doing this they are committing Suicide, but I don't think they plan on going alone. It seems that they may have something up their sleeve, I mean these people blow themselves up with Suicide Vests all the time, so I suspect they plan on going out with bang. The question is how they are going to do it, and when, but there is little doubt they plan on making a very big statement, if Suicide wasn't their goal they would have never cut all ties with Israel.

So I suppose it's time to make some popcorn and wait for the coming show!!!:yes:;)

Peace

Sir Smoke aLot
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

That's a bit harsh isn't it ? I grant you there where a couple of incidents during the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, Al-Dawayima and Deir Yassin spring to mind. However, I don't really think they have committed "Atrocities" since the end of the wars ? Well.. unless you count Dana International

It's not harsh, it's just realistic. As i said: condemnation is usually just natural response to atrocities or to "unethical conduct" - if you prefer such term. But semantics are there to confuse us. Genocide, for example, that word is just a word and doesn't even hint to what horrors are necessary to happen for something to be labeled as genocide. Sure, knowledgeable people know it all but majority of us are simply not interested in politics and results of it. 

It's not about war time crimes, that's subject for itself actually i am more concerned about those violations which happen after cease fire is reached... Problem is that escalation always comes because of the same reasons and cease fire agreements just continue the magic circle of violence.

It's about watching full body search on 6 yo children on checkpoints, it's about watching old communities die out because they are assaulted, their settlements destroyed and their heritage taken away. Bedouin communities, some of which were as old as the land - now not even trace of them is to be found. It's about farmers who watch their crops die out because settlers (in illegal settlements) have opened sewage and released it on Palestinian farm. It's about burning farmers crops. It's about doing night raids - terrorizing people in their beds (on daily basis in Hebron). It's about denying Gaza clean drinking water since 1990's. It's about using brutal means to prevent disobedience, what happened to George Floyd is everyday situation in occupied territories... ... 

My friend there is no way that you can deny that there is so much garbage around your ''only democracy'' that it also started to stink, long time ago.

Now you can say this is all directed on Israel, not objective and result of pure hate and antisemitism. But ask yourself, why does Israeli leadership keep giving people reasons to dislike Israel as a whole? 

RoofGardener
4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

To me it can only mean one thing, by doing this they are committing Suicide, but I don't think they plan on going alone. It seems that they may have something up their sleeve, I mean these people blow themselves up with Suicide Vests all the time, so I suspect they plan on going out with bang. The question is how they are going to do it, and when, but there is little doubt they plan on making a very big statement, if Suicide wasn't their goal they would have never cut all ties with Israel.

So I suppose it's time to make some popcorn and wait for the coming show!!!:yes:;)

Peace

Well, indeed @Manwon Lender. I thought this myself; they MUST have a "grand plan", but I can't fathom out what it could be ? 

RoofGardener

It's just occured to me.. Abbas's statement makes no reference to the Palestinian Authority, but to the State of Palestine. So is he effectively dissolving the PA ?? 

RoofGardener

Aaaaaand they've reversed themselves, and agreed to co-operate with the Israeli's again. 

Partly this may be down to their failure to find a repproachment to HAMAS and Islamic Jihad, and they need Israeli security assistance to prevent  those bodies from dominating the PA. 

And partly because they are running out of money. 

https://www.algemeiner.com/2020/11/17/palestinian-authority-resuming-cooperation-with-israel-official-says/

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

and then
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Aaaaaand they've reversed themselves, and agreed to co-operate with the Israeli's again. 

Partly this may be down to their failure to find a repproachment to HAMAS and Islamic Jihad, and they need Israeli security assistance to prevent  those bodies from dominating the PA. 

And partly because they are running out of money. 

https://www.algemeiner.com/2020/11/17/palestinian-authority-resuming-cooperation-with-israel-official-says/

They've probably already received assurances from the criminal-in-chief that the money will begin to flow soon.  

• Like 1