Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kentucky Legends?

atrainguy60

Hello!  I posted here several months ago asking about Michigan legends.  Me and my family have been considering moving to southeast Kentucky for awhile now, as we have family there and we want to escape the harsher Michigan winters in favor of the more mild weather in KY.  Anyways, this obviously has had my curiosity piqued about urban legends that Kentucky as a whole may have to offer.  I was wondering if anyone here knew of some?  By urban legends, I'm primarily thinking of spooky roads, gravity hills, haunted bridges, maybe even a local small town monster.  With all the rural land and mountains in the east, I'd imagine there are probably quite a few.  

Edited by atrainguy60

Did you end up exploring places out in Michigan? I remember that thread :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atrainguy60 said:

Hello!  I posted here several months ago asking about Michigan legends.  Me and my family have been considering moving to southeast Kentucky for awhile now, as we have family there and we want to escape the harsher Michigan winters in favor of the more mild weather in KY.  Anyways, this obviously has had my curiosity piqued about urban legends that Kentucky as a whole may have to offer.  I was wondering if anyone here knew of some?  By urban legends, I'm primarily thinking of spooky roads, gravity hills, haunted bridges, maybe even a local small town monster.  With all the rural land and mountains in the east, I'd imagine there are probably quite a few.  

I know more central KY. Mammouth Cave some claim is haunted but I just like the tour.  also across the TN border in Robertson county TN, is the Bell Witch Cave.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rashore said:

Did you end up exploring places out in Michigan? I remember that thread :)

I haven't been able to physically go visit the locations (been rather busy), but I really do want to hit up some of them.  A few are actually really close to me, which was a very pleasant surprise!  I don't really believe in the supernatural stuff that surrounds them, but the legends around them still fascinate me and I love to read up and learn about them, so it would be great to visit some soon!  

• Like 1