Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looting in Minneapolis

acidhead

No rule of law. Looting allowed to happen. Mob rules.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Police holding a line around the precinct... Fires and looting going on all around it. Lots of looting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

No rule of law. Looting allowed to happen. Mob rules.

MLK would be sooo proud.  FTR, from what I saw in that video, that cop, at a minimum was guilty of negligent homicide.  There was no excuse for what happened to that man - NONE.  That said, this kind of behavior says much more about the quality of citizen that community has created.  The government stepping aside and allowing businesses to be sacked and no effort made to stop it is just another example of how overtly lawless we are becoming.  

It will be interesting to see if force is used to stop this or if any charges are levied against these fine, upstanding citizens who so willingly posed for the camera.  I notice it was a Target store.  I sure hope none of the "protesters" used the wrong bathroom while they were, uh, shopping... SMH

• Like 6

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Police holding a line around the precinct... Fires and looting going on all around it. Lots of looting

I see situations like this and it makes me reflect on how average citizens from my part of the country are often mocked or vilified for their ignorance and "intolerance".  

Fortunately most of us don't CARE what others believe about us.  We're more concerned with how our actions and those of our neighbors, are accepted as fair and equitable.  I'm not saying this kind of rabble doesn't exist down here.  What I'm saying is they KNOW where the line is and they know they cross it at their own peril.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Typical barbaric primitive mentality and actions.

This is not part of a protest, it is an excuse to steal.

Looting someones business who had nothing to do with the death. 

ANY EXCUSE to steal. These low lifes sicken me!! 

Where are the US police in all of that?

They need to go charging in giving their war cries while cracking some skulls.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Typical barbaric primitive mentality and actions.

This is not part of a protest, it is an excuse to steal.

Looting someones business who had nothing to do with the death. 

ANY EXCUSE to steal. These low lifes sicken me!! 

Back in 1992 there were widespread riots over a verdict in a case of police brutality that citizens in LA thought were unjust.  They basically began to loot and burn and take it out on anyone that came in their way.  The funniest part of that whole scene was the realization by the looters that the Koreans they hated for running businesses in "their" neighborhoods, weren't going to sit by and watch a bunch of thugs destroy their livelihood.  When the smoke cleared, the only businesses LEFT in those neighborhoods were owned by those Korean Americans :tu:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Where are the US police in all of that?

They need to go charging in giving their war cries while cracking some skulls.

Just a reminder that our nation is made up of 50 different state governments and some are run by Republicans, some by Democrats and the approach to law enforcement often varies based on politics.  What is happening in Minnesota would NOT be so easy to get away with in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia... 

The Liberal approach to this kind of lawlessness tends to be the choice to look the other way, let the businesses take the hit and allow the "righteous rage" of the citizens be heard and understood.  It's insane and it's chipping away at the fabric of our nation in ways most don't even guess.  Guarantee you, if stores in that town began leaving, the same people who were stealing and destroying property would be marching against the racism and injustice of the wealthy.  They are a pathetic,disgusting bunch of losers who add nothing of value to this nation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Just a reminder that our nation is made up of 50 different state governments and some are run by Republicans, some by Democrats and the approach to law enforcement often varies based on politics.  What is happening in Minnesota would NOT be so easy to get away with in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia... 

The Liberal approach to this kind of lawlessness tends to be the choice to look the other way, let the businesses take the hit and allow the "righteous rage" of the citizens be heard and understood.  It's insane and it's chipping away at the fabric of our nation in ways most don't even guess.  Guarantee you, if stores in that town began leaving, the same people who were stealing and destroying property would be marching against the racism and injustice of the wealthy.  They are a pathetic,disgusting bunch of losers who add nothing of value to this nation.

They do sound like a right bunch of degenerates.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

They do sound like a right bunch of degenerates.

I don't know how old most of them are but having made it to nearly 60, myself, I can predict some hard times ahead for many of them.  People who feel they only have to respect laws when force is visible are inevitably going to pay a long price for their choices eventually.  These kinds of events almost always occur in Democrat controlled states and IMO, it's a reflection of the mindset of Liberals where defense of private property is concerned.

Just to be clear - the excuse these young people are claiming for their lawlessness is the killing of a black man by a city police officer.  Unlike the whole Ahmaud Arbery ordeal in Georgia, THIS case is absolutely unquestionable IMO.  The cop is on video having subdued the man and the guy is face down, struggling and begging for the cop to let him breathe.  Eventually, he stops struggling and the cop STILL doesn't raise his weight off the man's neck until an ambulance arrives with a stretcher.  If that happened to someone I loved, that cop would pay dear, one way or the other.  What he did was the grossest kind of inhumane negligence at a minimum.  I think a case of premeditation might even stick.  

How the citizens of Minneapolis decided the Target corporation OWED them for the actions of Minnesota cops, is beyond me...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, and then said:

I don't know how old most of them are but having made it to nearly 60, myself, I can predict some hard times ahead for many of them.  People who feel they only have to respect laws when force is visible are inevitably going to pay a long price for their choices eventually.  These kinds of events almost always occur in Democrat controlled states and IMO, it's a reflection of the mindset of Liberals where defense of private property is concerned.

Just to be clear - the excuse these young people are claiming for their lawlessness is the killing of a black man by a city police officer.  Unlike the whole Ahmaud Arbery ordeal in Georgia, THIS case is absolutely unquestionable IMO.  The cop is on video having subdued the man and the guy is face down, struggling and begging for the cop to let him breathe.  Eventually, he stops struggling and the cop STILL doesn't raise his weight off the man's neck until an ambulance arrives with a stretcher.  If that happened to someone I loved, that cop would pay dear, one way or the other.  What he did was the grossest kind of inhumane negligence at a minimum.  I think a case of premeditation might even stick.  

How the citizens of Minneapolis decided the Target corporation OWED them for the actions of Minnesota cops, is beyond me...

Yes, when we come across a person who is a disaster we have to let them be a disaster without letting it spread to us.

Such people cannot engage in self-reflection even when they cause themselves problems in life. They tend to do drugs, drink drive, commit other crimes, are avoided by people due to their mind being a mess, and have problems due to their negative attitudes in work and education. The one thing we all notice about them is their lives are full of self-caused problems which they dont learn from, because in their distorted perspective everyone else is to blame. The only thing we should do to them is pick them off by reporting them to the police or exposing them in the work place. Until then, let them get on with it so they hang themselves.

In the news it said the man was resisting arrest but there is no footage of that. If a police officer has one that seems to be aggressive and potentially violent then they are allowed to subdue them with appropriate force. I hope the two officers haven't been sacked for political reasons, if they have they need to launch a tribunal case for wrongful dismissal. I suspect the US police like ours are required to carry a bodycam so they would have footage of this guy resisting arrest.

If the guy resisting arrest wasn't being hostile and potentially violent, then subduing him with a knee on the neck is out of order. In that scenario its not murder, its manslaughter caused by an over eager officer or poor training. The police have to arrest many people everyday, every now and again things do go wrong resulting in a death. 

While some might say police caused deaths in the US are disportionately black men, that isn't an argument for racism because they do commit the most crime. Its not their race that causes the crime, is that they are most likely to have low socio-economic status which makes them feel disenfranchised from society. The next thing you know they buy into the culture that they are poor because `the white people hate us` and start going down the route in life that ends with them being in prison. That will be while a lot of them are looting, they have brought into that culture.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Notice how the racists jump in and use the only stores looted to denegrate the whole protest? Pretty pathetic Freetoroam, acidhead, and, and then. I watched every single video shown, and more. 95% of the protest was loud but peaceful. I noticed not one cop went across the street to stop the looting. To busy saving their own asses? Karma. It's far past the time for police officers to face real consequences for their actions. Not just firing them. The man was strangled to death by a sadistic legalized criminal, with legalized accomplices.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, acute said:

I can't understand why the arresting officer in the video isn't behind bars yet.

I'm reasonably sure he will be very soon.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

I noticed not one cop went across the street to stop the looting.

My guess is they were told to stand down.  Perhaps you can explain the connection between this man's murder by a Minneapolis LEO and those who are looting and burning?  It's a simple question.  Their actions do not nullify what the idiot crazy cop did to that man but how does allowing such lawlessness help the situation at all?

• Like 7

Clearly looting is the wrong way to go about things but the undertone of racism in these post are sickning.  Perfect example:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/ohio-college-students-riot-after-classes-housing-closed-over-coronavirus/

Where is the post about the 1000s of Ohio students who rioted, jumped on cars and damaged their streets...just for fun? @acidhead and @freetoroam . This happened in March. Watch that video and tell me that isn't the true barbaric definition. There are many more videos like that but I see you people tend to focus on videos that fit your own ignorant narrative.

Edited by Iknowthetrurh2389
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

The man was strangled to death by a sadistic legalized criminal, with legalized accomplices.

I agree.  What that cop did was manslaughter at a minimum and I think a solid case of premeditation might even be made.  No one is making excuses for what those cops did.  OTOH, you seem to be ignoring the rioting, looting and burning of businesses that had nothing whatever to do with the actions of the dirty cops.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Iknowthetrurh2389 said:

There are many more videos like that but I see you people tend to focus on videos that fit your own ignorant narrative.

So you agree that rioting and looting is an acceptable response to injustice?  Don't misunderstand me, I have no problem whatever if the residents of Minneapolis want to burn down their own neighborhoods, I just have difficulty understanding how stealing from a big box store is somehow a reasonable response to what the cops did.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Notice how the racists jump in and use the only stores looted to denegrate the whole protest? Pretty pathetic Freetoroam, acidhead, and, and then. I watched every single video shown, and more. 95% of the protest was loud but peaceful. I noticed not one cop went across the street to stop the looting. To busy saving their own asses? Karma. It's far past the time for police officers to face real consequences for their actions. Not just firing them. The man was strangled to death by a sadistic legalized criminal, with legalized accomplices.

If anyone denigrated the protest then it was the looters.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2