Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looting in Minneapolis

acidhead

@and then I tried to answer that in the very first sentence of my post. No, looting is not acceptable. I'm not defending looting but I won't sit here and let people only post articles of when black communities loot and call them barbaric when the same isn't done for all looters and rioters. This narrative has been going on for far too long.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Where are the US police in all of that?

They need to go charging in giving their war cries while cracking some skulls.

And if one officer touches one of them the riots will flare up even more  in other areas because they will call the police racist for 'interfering'. 

I feel sorry for the businesses who are likely suffering from lockdown and thiz virus, and now this!! 

I would close all businesses in that area and let the locals  fend for themselves.

Sounds harsh on the locals, but surely if the ALL the law abiding citizens got together they could stop these rioters.

If they need to shoot the rioters in the kneecaps, then so be it.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Iknowthetruth2389 said:

@and then I tried to answer that in the very first sentence of my post. No, looting is not acceptable. I'm not defending looting but I won't sit here and let people only post articles of when black communities loot and call them barbaric when the same isn't done for all looters and rioters. This narrative has been going on for far too long.

So maybe you should start your own thread about other looters.  

This thread title is about the looting happening in Minneapolis.   

Those people are crap.   Crap for the community, crap for role models and crap as family members.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'll admit that I haven't looked into the killing very much.   It seems obvious that the ex cop murdered the guy.   Many are calling for another 3 officers to also be charged.   Did other cops also help kill this guy?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Iknowthetruth2389 said:

Clearly looting is the wrong way to go about things but the undertone of racism in these post are sickning.  Perfect example:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/ohio-college-students-riot-after-classes-housing-closed-over-coronavirus/

Where is the post about the 1000s of Ohio students who rioted, jumped on cars and damaged their streets...just for fun? @acidhead and @freetoroam . This happened in March. Watch that video and tell me that isn't the true barbaric definition. There are many more videos like that but I see you people tend to focus on videos that fit your own ignorant narrative.

So your example is a college riot. So claiming people don't get as upset about it because they are college students. 

Your unspoken assumption being  being that black people don't go to college ??? Lol.

I have lived in Ohio my whole life, went to OSU with my undergrad and graduate programs. I have friends that went to Dayton.

University riots typical do not involve looting. Like the Dayton one you are linking did not involve looting (atleast here) of stores or houses. (Cars though are always at risk on the street of student housing lol). It's just a street party. 

Edited by spartan max2

Clearly looting is the wrong way to go about things but the undertone of racism in these post are sickning.  Perfect example:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/ohio-college-students-riot-after-classes-housing-closed-over-coronavirus/

Where is the post about the 1000s of Ohio students who rioted, jumped on cars and damaged their streets...just for fun? @acidhead and @freetoroam . This happened in March. Watch that video and tell me that isn't the true barbaric definition. There are many more videos like that but I see you people tend to focus on videos that fit your own ignorant narrative.

Are you for  ********** real? 

I am not in America and am replying to this post.

Show me the thread about the students rioting and looting local businesses and I will post on it too.

I can not tolerate people who try to use other examples to steer away from this one. 

We are on THIS thread now!!!! 

OVERTONE OF RACISM? what about what those rioters are doing to those poor businesses and to the area? 

The rioters bring it upon themselves and desearve EVERYTHING they get coming to them.

There is abdolutely no justification in what these primitive thieves are doing, I do  not give a toss what colour they are, but when 99.999% are black SURELY THAT IS RACISM AGAINST ALL THE NON BLACK BUSINESS OWNERS. See, we can all go down that route! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Rage can take many forms. Hope nobody else gets hurt during this. 

I agree, being in a rage can cause people to do stupid things but stealing from big box stores is just STEALING.  I think they actually dishonor the guy's memory by behaving this way.  Those cops are going down and they should, but looting and stealing isn't a manifestation of rage.  It's a sign of lawlessness that is happening because thieves want to steal.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I suspect the US police like ours are required to carry a bodycam so they would have footage of this guy resisting arrest.

I can't imagine any behavior by the suspect that could be used to justify the callous disregard for the man's life that these cops displayed.  I'm usually the first in line to give cops a benefit of doubt in such situations but this one is so far beyond the pale that there can be no excuse.  The cop who was leaning his weight down onto the man's neck, who ignored his pleas to allow him to get a breath, THAT cop needs to be made into an object lesson for anyone who wants to wear a badge.  

Having said all that, I still think the looters and thieves aren't doing their thing as a protest, they're doing it because they know the city government won't step in to stop them.  If the National Guard is mobilized and begin patrolling, you'll see a quick return to order.  

• Like 4

I'm not defending looting but I won't sit here and let people only post articles of when black communities loot and call them barbaric when the same isn't done for all looters and rioters.

I didn't understand your point, initially.  I agree with you that rioting and looting and burning isn't an exclusive behavior of black neighborhoods.  Even in THIS instance I saw several white folks running with stolen goods.  The same kind of behavior happened post Katrina in New Orleans and it happens in multiple cities after pro teams win championships.  I believe it's a symptom of the acceptance of lawlessness in many U.S. cities.  Once our citizens believe there are acceptable times for them to behave like this, it will only get worse.  I hope that Target's insurors demand arrests of those who can be identified on cameras.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

I can't go that far with you :)   I wouldn't kneecap anyone over theft but I WOULD insist that all available CCTV and or phone video uploads be used to identify as many of the thieves as possible and to go after them quietly and arrest them all.  Only when they face serious consequences for that behavior will that behavior stop.  I also agree that stores that get looted because the city or state government won't step in and defend the business owner, should be able to sue the city for damages.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

And if one officer touches one of them the riots will flare up even more  in other areas because they will call the police racist for 'interfering'. 

I feel sorry for the businesses who are likely suffering from lockdown and thiz virus, and now this!! 

I would close all businesses in that area and let the locals  fend for themselves.

Sounds harsh on the locals, but surely if the ALL the law abiding citizens got together they could stop these rioters.

Trump needs to deploy the national guard to arrest as many rioters as possible, and if it turns violent then shoot them.

All arrested ones should be fined, the fines should go to the businesses affected, and if anyone cannot pay the fine give them some hard labour until its paid off. All should get a criminal record either way to prevent them getting decent jobs as a punishment.

Scum deserves no elevation in life, and they need teaching the errors of their ways.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Iknowthetruth2389 said:

I'm not defending looting but I won't sit here and let people only post articles of when black communities loot and call them barbaric when the same isn't done for all looters and rioters. This narrative has been going on for far too long.

They are barbaric, like all the other looters of any colour.

Just happens on tv the video shows mainly black people, as it always does when looters are out.

They are the ones living up to their stereotype! 

Ps: have you got that footage to show me of the white students looting their community.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

n the news it said the man was resisting arrest but there is no footage of that. If a police officer has one that seems to be aggressive and potentially violent then they are allowed to subdue them with appropriate force. I hope the two officers haven't been sacked for political reasons, if they have they need to launch a tribunal case for wrongful dismissal. I suspect the US police like ours are required to carry a bodycam so they would have footage of this guy resisting arrest.

Body cam footage should be released today but there is film showing Floyd did not resist arrest.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

During the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles, a news reporter asked one of the rioters his thoughts on Rodney King. The man replied, “Oh, I don’t know, man. I don’t follow sports much.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

My guess is they were told to stand down.  Perhaps you can explain the connection between this man's murder by a Minneapolis LEO and those who are looting and burning?  It's a simple question.  Their actions do not nullify what the idiot crazy cop did to that man but how does allowing such lawlessness help the situation at all?

It doesn't. It's the same mob mentality that caused this to happen in the first place. They aren't supporting justice for this man or his family at all. Just drawing battlelines.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I'll admit that I haven't looked into the killing very much.   It seems obvious that the ex cop murdered the guy.   Many are calling for another 3 officers to also be charged.   Did other cops also help kill this guy?

Yes, in that they did nothing to stop it. The two newer officers helped to hold Floyd down. The other officer who stopped anyone from helping Floyd, including an off duty firefighter, has his own history of using excessive force.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, rashore said:

One of my buddies shared a looting video this morning. It's terrible the stealing and destruction going on. 

And after the arson and looting is done... many of those stores and businesses will not reopen. Which then puts the area into a bigger depression, food desert, and so on. I get that folks are mad,  but destroying your own community is a poor choice for an anger outlet. 

This was shown after the LA riots over the Rodney King verdict. Many of the looters actually returned what they stole. They lost not only their stores, but their homes. It was all burned down.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, simplybill said:

During the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles, a news reporter asked one of the rioters his thoughts on Rodney King. The man replied, “Oh, I don’t know, man. I don’t follow sports much.”

My point exactly to what is going on now.

They do not care about the man who was killed, they just see it as a green light to go and steal, not even realising or caring about the damage they are doing to their community.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, simplybill said:

It got a lot worse after I stopped watching last night. I just heard from my daughter-in-law. They live far enough away from where this is happening that they aren't in danger. She says she works about 10 blocks from here but has had no problems so far. She's an RN in a medical clinic. I still worry.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Shocking, sad, atrocious.

• Like 3