Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looting in Minneapolis

acidhead

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I hope you're feeling better soon. I know you said before that this happened to your son. The chokeholds are being banned all over. The last I heard Trump had said it will only be in a one on one where the officer is in danger that it can be used but I didn't watch what he said when he signed it today. I'll hear on the news tonight.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 11:39 PM, DieChecker said:

But, like was said... How many of such jobs are there at the professional level? Less so then even the players, id think.

Not saying to give up, but that buisness, marketing, sales, or even... engineering, there are millions of jobs, tens of millions, in each catagory, compared to thousands in Sports. 

Which would be why smart altheletes get their degree. Even if they enter the draft to play professionally before completing the degree. A rookie contract in the NFL will provide them an income to finish the degree at a later point. Ealry draft entry (for appropriate prospects) affords them a but of security in experiencing their dream. Staying a collegiate athlete for that final year risks serious injury that could preclude achieving the goal of playing professional sports. Even good talent in most professional sports have a relatively short career in that profession and will require a substantive secondary choice after their athletic career ends. Education is the best way to bridge the gap between the camparitively high salaries of professional athletes and a common factory worker on the shop floor. 

• Like 1

Places all over California are being looted and burned but we wouldn't want to "disrupt the tranquility" of Beverly Hills. :rolleyes:

Beverly Hills emergency order restricts nighttime gatherings after noisy protest with bullhorns

Officials in Beverly Hills rolled out an emergency order over the weekend, which bans most nighttime gatherings on residential streets and outlines new rules for protests going forward.

The proclamation, issued late Saturday by City Manager George Chavez in his role as director of emergency services, was in response to a protest that "disrupted the tranquility" of a neighborhood.

Under the order, no more than 10 people may gather on a street, sidewalk or other public space from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. every night until further notice.

Assemblies that are silent, such as candlelight vigils, and gatherings on private property are exempt.

The protest that prompted the order was conducted by the group Occupy Beverly Hills and took place from 10 p.m. Friday to approximately 1 a.m. Saturday, according to the proclamation.

The protest "included bullhorns and amplified music and disrupted the tranquility of the residential neighborhood during hours when many people would be ordinarily sleeping,'' the order read.

https://abc7.com/beverly-hills-emergency-order-protest-nighttime-gatherings/6248391/

Knowing how people write off The Blaze I fact checked it for you, since that seems to be so difficult for some people. Here is their take...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/beverly-hills-bans-protests

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

They want to encourage them. They don't want to hear them. How about their minority housekeeping and lawn maintenance servants they pay cheap and abuse? 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Those Beverly hills residents should've pulled out their $20k high end floor speakers to the driveway, cranked the amp and blasted the most heinous high range frequencies aimed right at the protestors til their ears bled. That's the kind of fun revenge I'd like to pull off. On that note, I'm surprised sonic weapons aren't more of a thing in riot control. 

area where i live is patrolled by local bikers, business owners, and just concerned citizens, every night,  no looting\protests here,  

Around me we've had a couple of protest marches but nothing like what happens in the inner cities. The viciousness just isn't here. No one is attacking statues or police stations. At least not yet.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1