Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Executive order against social media

SKINWALKER19

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Ahhh. I think alot of world leaders handled the virus badly and are responsible to some degree. 100,000 Americans died. 100 Australians died. America has 15 times the population Australia has. Times 100 by 15. Thats 1500 deaths America would have had instead of 100,000 if Scott Morrison was president of America. 

Of course its a simplistic calculation that doesn't take in a lot of variables into consideration but numbers don't lie. 

You certainly have NOT taken into account the variables. Australia is a sparsely populated country.   :D

Why not compare with the UK ? We've had roughly 38,000 deaths, and we have about one-fifth the population of America. So... pro rata ... that's 190,000

So by THOSE metrics, President Trumps incisive actions - along with the State Governors - has saved 90,000 American lives. 

Some sort of medal in order, methinks ? :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Ahhh. I think alot of world leaders handled the virus badly and are responsible to some degree, not just Trump. 100,000 Americans died. 100 Australians died. America has 15 times the population Australia has. Times 100 by 15. Thats 1500 deaths America would have had instead of 100,000 if Scott Morrison was president of America. 

Of course its a simplistic calculation that doesn't take in a lot of variables into consideration but numbers generally don't lie. 

I think Trump's lack of empathy for others, the lack of logic and intellect, as well as his self centered view of everything has made it all the worse. As always it's all about him. His afternoon updates started out without him, but the minute he thought Pence was getting attention, Trumpo the Clown showed up and started dominating.  He doesn't want to be showed up by anyone or even the virus.  Of course when his poll numbers started slipping he stopped showing up.  We don't have a leader. We have an imbecile.  So if we had a real president, pick anyone, we would probably have a consistent message, aimed at helping us know what to do. So should we wear masks? Should we go back to work? Should we go about our business as before?  Trump is not the stable person you would want to tell you. He is stupid.  Imagine him the governor of Florida when a hurricane is coming. He would hold a presser and probably talk about all his trump properties and what he might lose.  He cannot focus on other people for very long.  When this started, and CDC said we should wear masks when shopping, I saw maybe at one point 75 percent compliance. over the last couple of weeks, it seemed people were leaving their masks at home. I think on Tuesday of this week, maybe 10 percent of the people were wearing masks.  I never heard the all clear, but some people are hearing a message from somewhere or someone it's fine to not wear a mask.  It's all over, go about your business.  So if we see a big spike, or a second wave, we should call it the Trump effect. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, micahc said:

I think Trump's lack of empathy for others, the lack of logic and intellect, as well as his self centered view of everything has made it all the worse. As always it's all about him. His afternoon updates started out without him, but the minute he thought Pence was getting attention, Trumpo the Clown showed up and started dominating.  He doesn't want to be showed up by anyone or even the virus.  Of course when his poll numbers started slipping he stopped showing up.  We don't have a leader. We have an imbecile.  So if we had a real president, pick anyone, we would probably have a consistent message, aimed at helping us know what to do. So should we wear masks? Should we go back to work? Should we go about our business as before?  Trump is not the stable person you would want to tell you. He is stupid.  Imagine him the governor of Florida when a hurricane is coming. He would hold a presser and probably talk about all his trump properties and what he might lose.  He cannot focus on other people for very long.  When this started, and CDC said we should wear masks when shopping, I saw maybe at one point 75 percent compliance. over the last couple of weeks, it seemed people were leaving their masks at home. I think on Tuesday of this week, maybe 10 percent of the people were wearing masks.  I never heard the all clear, but some people are hearing a message from somewhere or someone it's fine to not wear a mask.  It's all over, go about your business.  So if we see a big spike, or a second wave, we should call it the Trump effect. 

LOL A whole lot of fail contained therein, doesn't even qualify as opinion, just rhetoric.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

In retaliation for the distortions of him killing 100,000 Americans through incompetence at dealing with Coronavirus.

What goes around, comes around.

Cookie you have ben assimilated resistance is Futile. 

Borg.png

Peace Cookie

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, micahc said:

......  We don't have a leader. We have an imbecile.  .....

An imbecile who has kept American covid deaths to about 50% of the European average ? 

Some Imbecile :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

You certainly have NOT taken into account the variables. Australia is a sparsely populated country.   :D

Why not compare with the UK ? We've had roughly 38,000 deaths, and we have about one-fifth the population of America. So... pro rata ... that's 190,000

So by THOSE metrics, President Trumps incisive actions - along with the State Governors - has saved 90,000 American lives. 

The US predictions at the start where Trump doing a good job if he kept deaths below 200,000.

The lefty narrative was first that he was racist for shutting down airports to stop Chinese coming in, then that he was incompetent for not shutting it down earlier (despite them originally wanting them kept open), to now 100,000 deaths are too much. They are just attacking him using any narrative they can and changing their narrative to suit their own political agenda at will.

Do the Democrats really think the 2020 elections are going to go well for them over how they have behaved? I wouldnt trust people like that in power. From 1001 fake stories, to fact claims Russia interfered in their elections, to fact evidence used to try and impeach a leader they do not like, these morons will say and claim anything with no regards to the truth or fairness.

While I have no doubt the loyal left will vote Democrat, the centre ground are going to annihilate them in the coming election. It will easily be a 55% win for Trump. The lefties will need buckets to collect their tears this time as a clear majority will mean the wall gets finished LMAO.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, and then said:

For something that "never happened" the Attorney General and a couple of Federal Prosecutors sure have been turning over a lot of rocks for the past few months.  If indictments begin to flutter down inviting Brennan, Comey, Clapper and a few of the upper level FBI placeholders to come and have a chat with them under oath, I wouldn't worry too much.  I'm sure it's all make believe, cause... Trump :w00t:

Yes yes, we have been hearing that b.s. for years too now. The only ones in jail though are trumps best people, but you keep dreaming there big boy, you are in for a disappointing time when reality sets in.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, and then said:

An Den?  An What?  This isn't about taking away his privileges.  The Twitter Reichsfuhrer just wants to add a little editorial when they disagree with his comments - which, of course will be damned near every one :w00t:  In the grand scheme, it isn't going to harm him or his messaging.   Seriously, whose mind is going to be changed by things written by CNN or WaPo or some designated hitter assigned by the Reichsfuhrer? 

So what you're saying is, Trump's supporters are too stupid to click a link that leads to facts?

Actually, you might be on to something there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

You certainly have NOT taken into account the variables. Australia is a sparsely populated country.   :DWhy not compare with the UK ? We've had roughly 38,000 deaths, and we have about one-fifth the population of America... 

And less than 1/40th the area. 

Seems you are the one not taking variables into account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well in that case Boris was more of a failure than Donald and Trump worse than most other world leaders in dealing with the virus.

Can’t t see how that makes Trump an effective leader. Just slightly better than Boris. That’s how I read that.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

An imbecile who has kept American covid deaths to about 50% of the European average ? 

Actually Europe was the epicentre of the virus. But there some exceptions that prove leadership played a significant part in determining death counts. Greece bucked the trend   with early lockdown with 170 deaths. That’s 1/6 the population of the UK. 170 times 6 is 1020. With 38,000 deaths Boris Johnson is an imbecile.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well in that case Boris was more of a failure than Donald and Trump worse than most other world leaders in dealing with the virus.

Can’t t see how that makes Trump an effective leader. Just slightly better than Boris. 

Dammed with faint praise...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Dammed with faint praise...

Haven’t heard that saying in years mate. Just blows my mind how Roof thought it would add weight to his argument by comparing the two clowns. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

You forgot only the UK and few other Choice countries count their dead u sing the foolish method of deaths per million. Please don't come back and say that is the world standard for the method used to count a nations death toll, because it isn't and we have already discussed that. So yes he is an imbecile, but their is one thing we agree upon he responsible for at least 50% of the more than 100,650 deaths America has suffered.:no::td:

Peace

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Most media outlets, in order to AVOID being branded as partisan, have bent over backwards to allow conservative viewpoints to be expressed.

Oddly enough, it is the conservative outlets, like Fox and OANN that dig into the partisan trench and act as virulent as they claim other outlets are.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/the-social-media-censorship-dumpster-fire/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/social-media-content-censorship-conservatives-hardest-hit/

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2018/08/08/social-media-and-censorship/

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/gop-accuses-facebook-censorship-conservative-media-flourishes-online-n865276

https://www.christianpost.com/news/7-times-social-media-sites-censored-conservatives.html

https://www.mrc.org/caoc

Needless to say, regarding your bolded statement, there are a LOT of people and a lot of evidence that disputes it.  I linked to a few and stayed away from the red meat Conservative sites.  The evidence is clear that censorship based on political speech is a "thing".  It is happening and some of the platforms don't even try to use subtle algorithms to suppress speech the company disagrees with.  They employ people who act as undercover censors who essentially shadow ban users by making their content invisible.  

I got a chuckle out of one of those links from NBC news :)  Apparently, because there are Conservative media sites that are "thriving" in the marketplace, it is ridiculous to say Progressive/Liberal platforms are censoring content...:blink:  

Please don't misunderstand me, I mean no offense to your views.  I'm sure that you genuinely are convinced that what your media sources tell you is accurate.  I just wanted to offer a few links that disagree with that premise.

Trump the Terrible has set his sights on correcting what Conservatives have been aware of for a few years now.  I don't agree that an Executive Order was the best means to challenge Zuckerberg and Dorsey on their suppression of dissenting speech but he doesn't take my calls anymore :) 

I think this effort needs to be pursued by the DoJ bringing a class action litigation on behalf of the growing numbers of content providers who have been banned or demonetized based on standards that basically amount to -"cause we say so"  Social media platforms are the modern equivalent of public utilities and If Zuckerberg and Dorsey are wise, they'll get ahead of this particular issue before the idiots in Congress have a chance to jump in with both feet a REALLY cause them some pain.  My guess is that they'll fight it as long as they can, especially before this election.  If they try to hold onto their control I predict they will both face the courts and or the Congress and their little empires will be subdivided and sold off as "baby platforms" that cater to specific viewpoints.  

Having one of the most powerful and efficient propaganda machines ever created, broken into disjointed, ineffective components would be a good thing for the world, IMO.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

How does mMitch McConnell make it past Thanksgiving Day?

OI!  Mitch is NOT known as turkey neck.  Mitch's nom de guerre is "The Turtle" :w00t:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/the-social-media-censorship-dumpster-fire/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/social-media-content-censorship-conservatives-hardest-hit/

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2018/08/08/social-media-and-censorship/

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/gop-accuses-facebook-censorship-conservative-media-flourishes-online-n865276

https://www.christianpost.com/news/7-times-social-media-sites-censored-conservatives.html

https://www.mrc.org/caoc

Needless to say, regarding your bolded statement, there are a LOT of people and a lot of evidence that disputes it.  I linked to a few and stayed away from the red meat Conservative sites.  The evidence is clear that censorship based on political speech is a "thing".  It is happening and some of the platforms don't even try to use subtle algorithms to suppress speech the company disagrees with.  They employ people who act as undercover censors who essentially shadow ban users by making their content invisible.  

I got a chuckle out of one of those links from NBC news :)  Apparently, because there are Conservative media sites that are "thriving" in the marketplace, it is ridiculous to say Progressive/Liberal platforms are censoring content...:blink:  

Please don't misunderstand me, I mean no offense to your views.  I'm sure that you genuinely are convinced that what your media sources tell you is accurate.  I just wanted to offer a few links that disagree with that premise.

Trump the Terrible has set his sights on correcting what Conservatives have been aware of for a few years now.  I don't agree that an Executive Order was the best means to challenge Zuckerberg and Dorsey on their suppression of dissenting speech but he doesn't take my calls anymore :) 

I think this effort needs to be pursued by the DoJ bringing a class action litigation on behalf of the growing numbers of content providers who have been banned or demonetized based on standards that basically amount to -"cause we say so"  Social media platforms are the modern equivalent of public utilities and If Zuckerberg and Dorsey are wise, they'll get ahead of this particular issue before the idiots in Congress have a chance to jump in with both feet a REALLY cause them some pain.  My guess is that they'll fight it as long as they can, especially before this election.  If they try to hold onto their control I predict they will both face the courts and or the Congress and their little empires will be subdivided and sold off as "baby platforms" that cater to specific viewpoints.  

Having one of the most powerful and efficient propaganda machines ever created, broken into disjointed, ineffective components would be a good thing for the world, IMO.

It's amazing how you republicans are all for free market until it exposes the fact that most people just don't agree with you.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, and then said:

I linked to a few and stayed away from the red meat Conservative sites. 

Of course you did, cupcake! Because that would throw the whole narrative that the poor Republicans are oppressed right into the trash bin, wouldn't it?

Just for the record, I look at multiple news sources, from CNN, FOX, and OANN to try to get the wider perspective. I rely on the old adage that: "There are 3 sides to every story; Yours. Theirs, and somewhere in between, lies the truth. But honestly, I feel like I get a better perspective from Out-of-Country, such as the BBC and other nations news outlets. They don't have an agenda. N'est pas?

56 minutes ago, and then said:

Please don't misunderstand me, I mean no offense to your views. 

This is a blatant lie: you respect no views that don't mirror your own. You've already displayed your disdain for opposing viewpoints elsewhere in this forum. What was you said to me recently? That I was too full of hate and stupid for you to defend your position? 

AND, before you make the statement that I have "Trump Derangement Syndrome", let me praise ( and curse ) Donald.

When Donald met with Kim Ill-un, Donald was able to get the North Korean leader to return the remains of U.S. Servicemen to the U.S., so that they could be buried on American soil. BRAVO!, Donald!!!!!          You did a good thing! (no sarcasm, I'm thrilled that our soldiers came home).

HOWEVER, that wasn't good enough for Donald; he had to embellish ( LIE! ) about his accomplishment, by claiming that "many parents of Korean vets, begged him to bring them home"   Which is an impressive feat in and of itself.  Considering that the parents of Korean War Veterans would be in their hundreds of years of age....,

Doubt me? Check the link:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-korean-war-remains-parents-north-korea-singapore-summit-a8398956.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Cookie you have ben assimilated resistance is Futile. 

Borg.png

Peace Cookie

3F9C993F-33B2-44DE-BD5B-E31FFAB70AAD.jpeg.acac34ac512ef821a331bdcceb908743.jpeg

she can assimilate me any time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Some sort of medal in order, methinks ?

I think you get a medal for winning the race, not coming in next to last.  Is Boris is just as incompetent?   I thought he was a bit abrasive but smart.

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The US predictions at the start where Trump doing a good job if he kept deaths below 200,000.

That was a Trump sandbag prediction.  He did a good job by turning it over to the governors and saying he took no responsibility at all.    Might look at South Korea or New Zealand for a little better handling..

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I think you get a medal for winning the race, not coming in next to last.  Is Boris is just as incompetent?   I thought he was a bit abrasive but smart.

To be fair, wasn't he sick, incapacitated and near death from corona for a few weeks during the epidemic?

• Like 2

Purple Heart then ?

~

• Like 1

So I was reading up a bit on Section 230.  It seems quite a few people have been (and still are upset) with it for various reasons (Dems included) and are wanting it opened up and re-evaluated.  Take memes for example.  There have been multiple complaints about people taking copyrighted or proprietary pictures and making them into memes.  Trump might have opened up a can of worms that needed opening.  The legalized blatant lying is another aspect that needs addressed and I wonder in which direction the resolution to it will fall in regards to freedom of speech.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So I was reading up a bit on Section 230.  It seems quite a few people have been (and still are upset) with it for various reasons (Dems included) and are wanting it opened up and re-evaluated.  Take memes for example.  There have been multiple complaints about people taking copyrighted or proprietary pictures and making them into memes.  Trump might have opened up a can of worms that needed opening.  The legalized blatant lying is another aspect that needs addressed and I wonder in which direction the resolution to it will fall in regards to freedom of speech.

It's definitely complicated and alot of nuances to consider.

• Like 1