Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Executive order against social media

SKINWALKER19

12 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Zuckerberg even says private companies shouldn't be 'the arbiter of truth'.

I hope I don't have to explain that to you.

So, if someone posts something that is patently false, no one should be allowed to counter it?

If that is true, then @Saru should shut this whole forum down.

And, as I read it, Twitter merely offered an alternative to a poster's comments. Twitter DID NOT say "We're deleting this, here is the truth", but offered an opposing viewpoint. Donald's statements were NOT, I state again, censored, curtailed, edited, or in otherwise altered.  Try again snowflake

Suppose I suggested, on these boards, that a remedy for congestive heart problems was to drink 4 quarts of rum, followed by snorting 6 lines of crushed tylenol. IF the forum allowed me to post such 'medical advice", do you not think that the Forum administrators are allowed to post something along the lines of "Uhhh, don't do this, here's a link..."?

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

No Twitter didn’t remove them but they did worse to the Trump narrative, they put a fact check label on his tarot card opinions and claims. He can’t lie and get away with it anymore without providing a source. 

So fact checking is a bad thing?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

This is very true Captain, and I think the reason this is occurring is because of the Hugh Death toll suffered by Americans. This death toll appears to be a game changer along with the Presidents lack of empathy for the suffering of the American people. Yesterday the Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnel spoke out against the Presidents policy of not wearing a Mask. He did this on National TV, and he stated that it is the responsibility of all Americans to wear a mask to protect their fellow Americans. Today Sean Hannity a Commentator on Fox News a known ardent Trump Supporter, has also spoken out, this morning he was begging the American people to wear masks in public. This is only the beginning, the Rats are jumping off Trumps ship, they can no longer in good conscience continue to support his mentally fueled mania and his political agenda concerning not wearing a masks.

Peace

I think you posted in the wrong thread, mate. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

So fact checking is a bad thing?

Bad for Trump!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Bad for Trump!

Reality is bad for Donald.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Reality is bad for Donald.

Well effectively Twitter is calling Trump a liar and anything he says is to be taken with a grain of salt, actually a shovel full. So yeah reality is gonna be hard for Trump.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I think you posted in the wrong thread, mate. 

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my comments above, but I think this is why Twitter is cutting him off, they just can no longer support his lies and damming behavior on their feed. What I was trying to say was the recent death toll is the driving force that is causing many people and media outlets to begin to abandon him.

If that doesn't make sense, I am very sorry for posting in this thread Captain, and I will ask the Mod's to delete my comments.

Peace Captain

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my comments above, but I think this is why Twitter is cutting him off, they just can no longer support his lies and damming behavior on their feed. What I was trying to say was the recent death toll is the driving force that is causing many people and media outlets to begin to abandon him.

If that doesn't make sense, I am very sorry for posting in this thread Captain, and I will ask the Mod's to delete my comments.

Peace Captain

No need to tell the mods anything. No harm. Yes I believe it’s about time someone challenged Trumps facts and figures, especially on covid-19 . Maybe Biden should directly. Trump said many stupid things including the Chinese were doing a great job in containing it and that corona was just a normal flu.

Trump has gotten away with murder. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Poor Saru, I've seen him tagged like 3 times since this story broke :lol:lol.

• Haha 8

Trump always lies.  He is not normal.  He is a very sick man. He should resign or shut up and do his job. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, and then said:

these platforms have become such an integral part of our culture

Which is a mistake.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, micahc said:

Trump always lies.  He is not normal.  He is a very sick man. He should resign or shut up and do his job. 

Might as well ask a cow to fly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

No Twitter didn’t remove them but they did worse to the Trump narrative, they put a fact check label on his tarot card opinions and claims. He can’t lie and get away with it anymore without providing a source. 

And that's a bad thing how?

37 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

c0c6589a35e7b100a5edb0e6dcbb5113c1580e5e6129ae6e684fce1c2db32a33.jpg

BEST. MEME. EVER. :tsu:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, OrangeOaf said:

Now maybe he will go back to his other b.s. conspiracy about "Obamagate", the crime of the century he can't name, that never happened.

For something that "never happened" the Attorney General and a couple of Federal Prosecutors sure have been turning over a lot of rocks for the past few months.  If indictments begin to flutter down inviting Brennan, Comey, Clapper and a few of the upper level FBI placeholders to come and have a chat with them under oath, I wouldn't worry too much.  I'm sure it's all make believe, cause... Trump :w00t:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OrangeOaf said:

And that's a bad thing how?

It’s not a bad thing from my political perspective. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

fark_gRBYijLrlEgi2V3CAf3vSLInIJE.jpg

Thanks for posting. Absolutely priceless pic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

without Twitter or MSM outlets to carry his trash talk Trump is gonna find it hard to attack Biden like he did Hillary. Game changer.

An Den?  An What?  This isn't about taking away his privileges.  The Twitter Reichsfuhrer just wants to add a little editorial when they disagree with his comments - which, of course will be damned near every one :w00t:  In the grand scheme, it isn't going to harm him or his messaging.   Seriously, whose mind is going to be changed by things written by CNN or WaPo or some designated hitter assigned by the Reichsfuhrer?  What this MAY do, is create some legal liability for that platform that was never an issue before:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rubio-warns-twitter-after-it-puts-fact-check-label-on-trump-tweet

Little Marco Rubio seems to have cut directly to the chase and fired a shot over Jack Dorsey's bow, so to speak.  If Dorsey wants to editorialize, then he's taking on the role of a Publisher and that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME :o

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Thanks for posting. Absolutely priceless pic!

Would've been classic if "plague" was rendered as "pandemic"

~

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

An Den?  An What?  This isn't about taking away his privileges.  The Twitter Reichsfuhrer just wants to add a little editorial when they disagree with his comments - which, of course will be damned near every one :w00t:  In the grand scheme, it isn't going to harm him or his messaging.   Seriously, whose mind is going to be changed by things written by CNN or WaPo or some designated hitter assigned by the Reichsfuhrer?  What this MAY do, is create some legal liability for that platform that was never an issue before:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rubio-warns-twitter-after-it-puts-fact-check-label-on-trump-tweet

Little Marco Rubio seems to have cut directly to the chase and fired a shot over Jack Dorsey's bow, so to speak.  If Dorsey wants to editorialize, then he's taking on the role of a Publisher and that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME :o

You’re right it isn’t about taking away his privileges, just making him accountable so he doesn’t abuse them like he has up until today. 

I guess you have point when you say those that voted for him will continue to. Sad, but true. The rich still will vote for the lunatic that leaves more money in their pockets. The Christian Right Won’t be swayed by any lies that come from Trump and will continue to act like hypocrites and add lair to the long list of other commandments Trump routinely breaks. Business as usual, eh ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

He probably thought the symbiotic relationship would last longer. 

Trump is incapable to have a longer relationship with anyone but himself. Let's hope the next end to his relationship will be November 3rd 2020.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Poor Saru, I've seen him tagged like 3 times since this story broke :lol:lol.

Who's Saru?  Oh yeaah. Sorry Saru. 

• Haha 2

Hey Hank. Looking at Mitch McConnell. I read today that members of his own party are calling him Rich Mitch and attacking him for not doing anything for the state he represents. If Trump loses the election I don’t think that Mitch will fare to well either. :clap:

• Thanks 2