Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Executive order against social media

SKINWALKER19

11 minutes ago, odas said:

Trump is incapable to have a longer relationship with anyone but himself. Let's hope the next end to his relationship will be November 3rd 2020.

:tu:

6 hours ago, and then said:

Conservative opinions tend to be disproportionately censored on these sites

Give some examples....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

How does mMitch McConnell make it past Thanksgiving Day?

I dont know but i do know that he "donned" ( obscure pun unavoidable ) , a mask and damnned those who do not wear one, i imagine when trump heard that he had to reach for his special ointment.

Edited by the13bats
spelling
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Suppose I suggested, on these boards, that a remedy for congestive heart problems was to drink 4 quarts of rum, followed by snorting 6 lines of crushed tylenol. IF the forum allowed me to post such 'medical advice", do you not think that the Forum administrators are allowed to post something along the lines of "Uhhh, don't do this, here's a link..."?

Why does that remind me like almost a Déjà vu, hum...oooh yeah, IIRC  tweety pondered during a press conference meant to provide the public with facts about covid19 the possibility of injecting disinfectants into patients, and within moments it hit the fan, disinfectant companies were issuing warnings and down right begging folks not to do that, it was followed with countless health and covid experts saying dont do that it very well may kill you,

So with tweety looking like a complete laughing stock total horses ass saying things that could kill people he back pedals and saves the day saying he was just being sarcastic.

So jodie, just say you were being sarcastic.

Edited by the13bats
spelling, darn phone, eyes etc
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

and within moments it hit the fan,

Can you think of any example of anything he has said publicly in 4 years where "it didn't hit the fan"?  Maybe, just maybe those with the fan have an unhealthy obsession with the Orange Man?  I have to give you guys credit where it's due.  The one upsmanship by his haters is a thing of beauty to behold.  It's like a competition to see who can insult him best :)   Doesn't change a thing about his actions and more often than not, even though you'd NEVER admit it, the frenzy that the media indulge in is a direct result of him intentionally winding them up and they never seem to catch on :w00t:  

Well, if he does manage to win, look on the bright side.  You'll have four more years of healthy, happy competition to look forward to ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Can you think of any example of anything he has said publicly in 4 years where "it didn't hit the fan"?  Maybe, just maybe those with the fan have an unhealthy obsession with the Orange Man?  I have to give you guys credit where it's due.  The one upsmanship by his haters is a thing of beauty to behold.  It's like a competition to see who can insult him best :)   Doesn't change a thing about his actions and more often than not, even though you'd NEVER admit it, the frenzy that the media indulge in is a direct result of him intentionally winding them up and they never seem to catch on :w00t:  

Well, if he does manage to win, look on the bright side.  You'll have four more years of healthy, happy competition to look forward to ;) 

OIP.HNxhSLNGaHsnAOx-eslerwD6D6.jpg.38ed5eebf043ddf24f32bad7629c6b4f.jpg

I do fully agree and admit don says way ridiculous stupid stuff to get the media wound up, he isnt top shelf, no eddie murphy, hes more bob sagat level but it does work for him playing the baffoon, hes like a better dressed tom arnold.

I gauge you an intelligent fellow but you keep making a blunder, im not one of "those guys" nor do i hate president tweety, he has simply provided me with great fodder for my attempts at silly stupid humor, joey simply hasnt, hes been a very dull boy, i guess you missed where i asked in reference to joe hiding in his basement did he have one of those barbie styling heads so he could walk up behind it and sniff its hair, c'est la vie,

Do not take me serious, i sure dont.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52846679

Twitter hides Trump tweet for 'glorifying violence'

This is going to be fun - twitter is not displaying one of his twits for glorifying violence. Trump v Twitter from now to election day. 

Initially I thought it was just Trump - then I read the context. Trump just can't help himself without that unnecessary line he would have had a strong message. With it he just tags himself with a load of baggage. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, and then said:

Meeting Kim Jong-Un didn't draw the ca-ca.  Taking the mantle of expert away from Denis Rodman waa something that had to be done.

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Give some examples....

You know how they quarantined the subreddit FULLCOMMUNISM.:hmm:

• Thanks 1

The courts have already ruled that Trump cannot block his critics because it violates their 1st Amendment rights. The court said that Trump and other politician accounts that are used as an official account amount to a Townhall setting and blocking critical replies to tweets are unconstitutional. So the Judge (a Clinton appointee) has effectively taken Twitter out of the realm of a private company and made them public. (well more or less)

I expect more issues with this as the judge's ruling smacks of judicial overreach <<My Opinion.

So the question is if Trump can't block his critics as it is unconstitutional can Twitter block, hide or remove a Trump tweet? Even if it violates their rules? As long as the tweet isn't in violation of any law it becomes a 1st Amendment issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So the question is if Trump can't block his critics as it is unconstitutional can Twitter block, hide or remove a Trump tweet? Even if it violates their rules? As long as the tweet isn't in violation of any law it becomes a 1st Amendment issue.

good question, but how long will it take to resolve. 

doubt it would be resolved as quickly as trump needs it. 

its clear that trump relies very heavily on Twitter for his messaging (such as it is) is a prolonged fight really in his interests?

6 hours ago, and then said:

For something that "never happened" the Attorney General and a couple of Federal Prosecutors sure have been turning over a lot of rocks for the past few months.  If indictments begin to flutter down inviting Brennan, Comey, Clapper and a few of the upper level FBI placeholders to come and have a chat with them under oath, I wouldn't worry too much.  I'm sure it's all make believe, cause... Trump :w00t:

Duncan, nothing is going happen, Barr has already kinda made that clear, and with so many of his close supports shying away from him and I doubt anyone will propagate his foolish conspiracy theories, he just doesn't have the support he once had. The deaths of over 100,000 Americans will kinda cause that to occur. No one wants to be seen to support some one who is responsible in part for so many death. I mean that kinda chit will end a Political Career and they know it, the dirty bunch of cowards!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes::D

Peace man

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Now THAT is beyond the pale. The tweet CLEARLY does not 'glorify violence' in any meaningful use of the phrase. That IS censorship. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

good question, but how long will it take to resolve. 

doubt it would be resolved as quickly as trump needs it. 

its clear that trump relies very heavily on Twitter for his messaging (such as it is) is a prolonged fight really in his interests?

I think it's more in Twitter's interest to have this resolved as now you have the government dictating what Twitter users can and can't do according to Twitter's rules.

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52846679

Twitter hides Trump tweet for 'glorifying violence'

This is going to be fun - twitter is not displaying one of his twits for glorifying violence. Trump v Twitter from now to election day. 

Initially I thought it was just Trump - then I read the context. Trump just can't help himself without that unnecessary line he would have had a strong message. With it he just tags himself with a load of baggage. 

No sense in giving Trump any oxygen. They shouldn't have hid any of Trumps messages. Instead they should have continued to tag it with a another disclaimer. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with Trumps move.

Social media (and all media) should be made to operate a fair playing field so that US Democracy functions properly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I agree with Trumps move.

Social media (and all media) should be made to operate a fair playing field so that US Democracy functions properly.

Last week Trump accused someone of murder using social media. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

as now you have the government dictating

dont think the government are dictating anything yet. Trumps EO was merely a call for action, not action in and off itself. - May never come to pass. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

im not one of "those guys" nor do i hate president tweety,

Sorry about that miscue.  I was attempting to speak rhetorically.

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

dont think the government are dictating anything yet. Trumps EO was merely a call for action, not action in and off itself. - May never come to pass. 

I'm referring to the court order that stated Trump couldn't block replies to his tweets. Twitter allows the blocking of user content. If someone doesn't like your reply they can block that reply or block the user.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Last week Trump accused someone of murder using social media. 

In retaliation for the distortions of him killing 100,000 Americans through incompetence at dealing with Coronavirus.

What goes around, comes around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Now THAT is beyond the pale. The tweet CLEARLY does not 'glorify violence' in any meaningful use of the phrase. That IS censorship. 

Yeah that is just striagh censorship at this point. Completely hiding a tweet.

And people are going to cheer it because they only care about getting back at Trump instead of the long term implications.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

In retaliation for the distortions of him killing 100,000 Americans through incompetence at dealing with Coronavirus.

What goes around, comes around.

Ahhh. I think alot of world leaders handled the virus badly and are responsible to some degree, not just Trump. 100,000 Americans died. 100 Australians died. America has 15 times the population Australia has. Times 100 by 15. Thats 1500 deaths America would have had instead of 100,000 if Scott Morrison was president of America. 

Of course its a simplistic calculation that doesn't take in a lot of variables into consideration but numbers generally don't lie. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Thanks 1