Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Executive order against social media

SKINWALKER19

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

So when Trump asked for a limited restriction on inbound air travel, it was racist and 'over-reach'. But now it is his fault ? 

Yeah... that's consistent. :P 

It is if you just pick out certain people.  Who said it was over reach?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

So when Trump asked for a limited restriction on inbound air travel, it was racist and 'over-reach'. But now it is his fault ? 

Yeah... that's consistent.

Well yes it is consistent.

First off, Trump was not the first to limit travel from China.in fact your own British Airways beat him by a day or two.  Yet, he did not limit everybody. and let returning Americans pass through potentially carrying covid19 with little more than a cursory check and no quarantine.  Next he announced the European restriction and piled returning people into a mass of disease spreading crowds ready to share the infection and disperse all across the country.  The administration knew what they were about to do and still did not prepare for it.  Then of course because he loves your Queen, he held off on restricting travel from Britain. It was Europe that spread the infection to New York and apparently not China.

That was just the opening move.  Then there was testing mishandling,   downplaying and calling it a hoax while it spread.  There was a political divide created over wearing a mask partially from the example he set.  There is the blaming of everybody else and the refusal to take any responsibility.

RoofGardener if you have ever been a manager, you might have had an infuriating experience with an employee  who falls back on "That's not my job"   "I'm not to blame, that wasn't my fault" instead of solving a problem that comes up.  That employee certainly does not deserve a raise or a promotion and might be fired.

If you are cynical, you might say that Trump used covid19 as an excuse to further his popular grudge against immigrants.

If you are charitable, you could say his intentions were good.  They could have been, I am willing to suspend my cynicism that far. 

If your home football team (if you have one) has the good intention of putting the ball in the opponent's goal, but can never hold on to it and get it down the field, then winds up losing 3-0, you can console yourself with their good intentions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2