Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Dustyrose33

Why No Alien Contact

40 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sir Wearer of Hats

Take good hard look at humanity. 
Now, if you were an intelligent, spacefaring civilisation, would YOU want anything to do with us?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
42 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Take good hard look at humanity. 
Now, if you were an intelligent, spacefaring civilisation, would YOU want anything to do with us?

It could be that depends what their intentions with us are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ironside said:

It could be that depends what their intentions with us are

Mate, we literslly **** into what we drink, we are destroying the lungs of the planet in the name of profit, the latest mass extinction is literally named “caused by humans” in Latin, we pump lung rotting chemicals into the air, drink chemicals that have proven brain cell destructive properties, set off nukes in our own atmosphere and on the religion front 60 million or so of us believe we eat God once a week.

that would turn off friends and make invaders think “**** no, if they do thst to themselves what will they do to us?!”

 

 

I call it “the Tepes Principle” after Vlad Tepes who protected Wallachia from Turkish invasion by erecting a forest of impaled Wallachians and having the invaders “nope” out of there faster than a bout of dissentry. 

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside

I dunno there's a billion possibilities. they could be hungry? I agree they won't be contacting us to induct us to their Federation anytime soon...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd
3 hours ago, Ironside said:

I agree they won't be contacting us to induct us to their Federation anytime soon...

 

Maybe they want to induct us in their Basketball Hall of Fame? :D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dustyrose33
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Take good hard look at humanity. 
Now, if you were an intelligent, spacefaring civilisation, would YOU want anything to do with us?

No, but then again if I were from another world I might take pity on earth and try to help.

Edited by Dustyrose33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
10 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

We on Earth think we are involved because we have mentally conceived off and built civilization.

With that being the limit of human thinking we expect to find alien civilizations spread across the galaxy. But what if civilization isn't the upper limit? What if there is something which is so far totally out of our minds that we cannot conceive of it. What if there is something higher than civilization?

Why would a God need to build towns and cities and countries?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dustyrose33
8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

We on Earth think we are involved because we have mentally conceived off and built civilization.

With that being the limit of human thinking we expect to find alien civilizations spread across the galaxy. But what if civilization isn't the upper limit? What if there is something which is so far totally out of our minds that we cannot conceive of it. What if there is something higher than civilization?

Why would a God need to build towns and cities and countries?

Good points, that would make us unprepared to meet such beings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OpenMindedSceptic

Who says they haven't already contacted us? 

Just because they didn't speak in a language we recognise doesn't mean we haven't been contacted. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dustyrose33
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Who says they haven't already contacted us? 

Just because they didn't speak in a language we recognise doesn't mean we haven't been contacted. 

 

 

I agree.   Why would the Men In Black be so determined to quiet people if there was no contact?

Edited by Dustyrose33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
9 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

No, but then again if I were from another world I might take pity on earth and try to help.

We nailed the Son of God, a man who had proven to possess Powers, to a tree out of spite. Would YOU try and help such a species?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
18 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Take good hard look at humanity. 
Now, if you were an intelligent, spacefaring civilisation, would YOU want anything to do with us?

speak for yaself, mate;) I'm lovely, caring, highly empathetic... There's a very very small minority of individuals on this planet that are a problem for everyone else.

IF what you suggest is true then the fantasy aliens= <<all loving, all caring, highly evolved>> are not as clever & all caring as some believe if they don't get the concept of 'one bad apple'!

The vast majority of humans on this planet are the same as me, & I'm sure you too dear chap... Personally I think we as a race have done bloody well so far.. Like I always say:

for every horrendous act we hear in the media, there are millions of wonderful, caring, empathetic acts happening every day all over the world= we just don't get to hear of them... Only the bad sh*te.

oh well, there ya go:cry:

Peace.

dej...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
30 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

speak for yaself, mate;) I'm lovely, caring, highly empathetic... There's a very very small minority of individuals on this planet that are a problem for everyone else.

IF what you suggest is true then the fantasy aliens= <<all loving, all caring, highly evolved>> are not as clever & all caring as some believe if they don't get the concept of 'one bad apple'!

The vast majority of humans on this planet are the same as me, & I'm sure you too dear chap... Personally I think we as a race have done bloody well so far.. Like I always say:

for every horrendous act we hear in the media, there are millions of wonderful, caring, empathetic acts happening every day all over the world= we just don't get to hear of them... Only the bad sh*te.

oh well, there ya go:cry:

Peace.

dej...

What’s the saying, I like people, it’s humanity I can’t stand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What’s the saying, I like people, it’s humanity I can’t stand?

it's an illogical saying but yeah i've heard it before;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

We nailed the Son of God, a man who had proven to possess Powers, to a tree out of spite. Would YOU try and help such a species?

I'd put up a great big sign that says, "Do Not Enter. Species Hostile."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
Just now, XenoFish said:

I'd put up a great big sign that says, "Do Not Enter. Species Hostile."

I'm not hostile, are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

The vast majority of humans on this planet are the same as me, & I'm sure you too dear chap... Personally I think we as a race have done bloody well so far.. Like I always say:

The capability for humans to be absolutely evil is always there though. Its been war and executions since the dawn of time and it hasn't seemed to change over the millenia,  Good is subjective

Edited by Ironside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

I'm not hostile, are you?

Only to the animals I eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 hour ago, Ironside said:

The capability for humans to be absolutely evil is always there though.

give me an example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
16 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Only to the animals I eat.

yeah, good point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
33 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

give me an example

Vlad the impaler, Nazis, every serial killer ever, child molesters, the Atlantic slave trade, I could go on forever lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
5 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Vlad the impaler, Nazis, every serial killer ever, child molesters, the Atlantic slave trade, I could go on forever lol

what is your point? yeah I'm sure you could go on forever- so could I.... But who's responsible for these atrocities?

It's just one individual or a small conglomerate, is it not? The likes of you & I are not <one of these> are we? I'm not, are you?
I say the vast vast majority of humans on this planet are NOT that way inclined. They want nothing more than to live in peace,

unfortunately, those with power for some reason do not like it! I guess they're worried about the plebs uprising? I don't know- what do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dustyrose33
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

We nailed the Son of God, a man who had proven to possess Powers, to a tree out of spite. Would YOU try and help such a species?

This species needs help, not hatred.   Jesus knew that when He said "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

Edited by Dustyrose33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what is your point? yeah I'm sure you could go on forever- so could I.... But who's responsible for these atrocities?

It's just one individual or a small conglomerate, is it not? The likes of you & I are not <one of these> are we? I'm not, are you?
I say the vast vast majority of humans on this planet are NOT that way inclined. They want nothing more than to live in peace,

unfortunately, those with power for some reason do not like it! I guess they're worried about the plebs uprising? I don't know- what do you 

Yes i suppose you're right but what im saying is whos to decide that we arent capable of the same things they are.. whats the actual physical difference between you and Jeffrey Dahmer? You had just as a likely a chance to develop into a bad person as you did a good person. I think on a all humanity scale humans generally are focusing on protecting/bettering humans. Maybe trying to save the odd whale now and again and perhaps other lifeforms are after a more enlightened species to contact.

Edited by Ironside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.