Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fallstreak hole over a city in Russia May 25

russian pavel

A fresh mystery from  Russia. Far East, middle of the Amur River. In the afternoon of May 23, 2020, I went to the Amursk city embankment to check the progress of its reconstruction. I went down to the pier and began to make a panorama of the Amur River, from the boat station to the city beach, and in the middle was the high sacred island of Sakalyan opposite the beach and the pier. And into the camera, I saw that in the clouds rising to half the sky, exactly above Island, the same cloud hole appeared, which visited us in 1993 and 2014. But then there was no digital camera, and now I took a photo! In the picture you see that the cloudy hole exactly follows the contours of the island, hangs above it, and then, together with the clouds, moves to the left of the island. Following the days of warming, in the days of cooling, the crystals of the upper layers dropped to the lower ones, and they made a hole in the dense lower layer. This hole is similar to the relief under the clouds, that is, the island.  This is explained on Wikipedia in English: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallstreak_hole. If you want to continue the topic of new mysteries of Russia, write in the comments and to me in personally.

IMAG0014.JPG

Edited by pavel popelskii
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ahh yes, the mystery of a reasonably common atmospheric phenomenon and a link to a deleted wiki page. How inspiring.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1