Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Korea closes schools after COVID cases spike

Still Waters

South Korea has been forced to close hundreds of schools, museums and art galleries due to a fresh spike in coronavirus cases as the country emerges from lockdown.

The past three days have seen 177 new COVID-19 cases reported, threatening to undo many of the gains made in a nation considered to be among the world's few success stories during the pandemic.

A total of 58 new coronavirus cases were reported on Friday, all in the densely populated Seoul metropolitan area.

That followed the country's biggest jump in coronavirus cases in more than 50 days on Thursday, when it was reported 79 more people had become infected.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-south-korea-forced-to-close-schools-again-after-spike-in-new-covid-19-cases-11996706

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Korea closes schools after COVID cases spike

Yes, the news is right,

This infection widely spreaded through Coupang Delivery.(Delivery Service)

several logistics center had been closed

and 4 hours ago, Pusan high school student infected with Corona.

Mass infection possibility becomes higher.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Meanwhile, America is opening up like it's a holiday and many who weren't already stupid, automatically think this means the virus is gone. I can't tell you how many people I see crowding together now as if there is no longer a need to social distance. South Korea seen 77 cases as a spike. That would be a fraction of a normal day in the US. We had more than that in my county alone yesterday. Hispanics and blacks are the highest incidence of infection and the media gives all sorts of excuses. However, I see first hand why they get infected more. It's because of the way they operate, ignoring every aspect of suggested actions to avoid infection. Call me racist if you like, but I can['t deny what I see. Walmart alone gives a very good cross-section look at the population. Do they need the entire family to go get groceries? Not once have I seen my (Hispanic) landscaper wearing a mask and I have to keep backing up to maintain distance when I talk to him. Just two of many examples I've witnessed. Oh, there are plenty of white people, but by in large, I see far more minorities not following protocols.

You want to open the state? Fine, just wear a mask and stay 6 feet or more away from me. In most cases, that's all we need to do. My favorite are people who wear a mask, but it's down around their chin, not covering anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jbondo said:

Meanwhile, America is opening up like it's a holiday and many who weren't already stupid, automatically think this means the virus is gone. I can't tell you how many people I see crowding together now as if there is no longer a need to social distance. South Korea seen 77 cases as a spike. That would be a fraction of a normal day in the US. We had more than that in my county alone yesterday. Hispanics and blacks are the highest incidence of infection and the media gives all sorts of excuses. However, I see first hand why they get infected more. It's because of the way they operate, ignoring every aspect of suggested actions to avoid infection. Call me racist if you like, but I can['t deny what I see. Walmart alone gives a very good cross-section look at the population. Do they need the entire family to go get groceries? Not once have I seen my (Hispanic) landscaper wearing a mask and I have to keep backing up to maintain distance when I talk to him. Just two of many examples I've witnessed. Oh, there are plenty of white people, but by in large, I see far more minorities not following protocols.

You want to open the state? Fine, just wear a mask and stay 6 feet or more away from me. In most cases, that's all we need to do. My favorite are people who wear a mask, but it's down around their chin, not covering anything.

You are right, mask is needed to prevent "Corona" But people ignore it. The reason why ROK corona Re-bursts was also "un-wearing mask".

ROK people acted like "Virus had gone"

But it seems that they are totally wrong.

I know America situation is really bad. As I wrote before,

My relatives who lives in the USA Chicago and New York were died because of Corona.

Total 4 of my relatives passed away ( one age of 60, three age of 80) and young relatives of mine also suffer Corona.

21 minutes ago, jbondo said:

Way to shift the focus :tu:  I thought this was a story about another country but everything is always about the USA. It took two posts get ready for Korea to never be mentioned again.  So how does everyone think trump is doing with his response? :rolleyes:

USA-1.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Way to shift the focus :tu:  I thought this was a story about another country but everything is always about the USA. 

USA-1.jpg

You forgot the UM rules, All news has to be about the United States lol. Never a missed opportunity.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2