Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
zep73

The United States leaves the WHO

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

zep73
Quote

Trump: 'We are terminating relationship with WHO'

President Donald Trump is now speaking in the White House Rose Garden, where he is announcing measures aimed at punishing China.

"We will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and directing those funds" to other global public health charities, Trump says.

"The world is now suffering as a result of the malfeasance of the Chinese government," he says, adding that China "instigated a global pandemic that has cost over 100,000 American lives".

China, he says, "pressured the World Health Organization to mislead the world" about the virus.

"Countless lives have been taken and profound economic hardship has been inflicted all around the globe," he adds.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52844350?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5ed15b579893d70677f98c6f%26Trump%3A 'We are terminating relationship with WHO'%262020-05-29T19%3A00%3A39.964Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:d7efdfe4-5392-4109-a9a6-0c9a1a267fbb&pinned_post_asset_id=5ed15b579893d70677f98c6f&pinned_post_type=share

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster

Well, it was coming.

He has also revoked Hong Kong trading rights and is going to sanction politicians responsible for the loss of autonomy. This will be it! The UK planted its Trojan Horse knowing that when China tried to take democracy away from Hong Kong all hell would break lose.

Its going to be a summer of full blown civil insanity, they will have to fight for democracy now. I predict China will end up having to become one or letting Hong Kong go. Fingers crossed its the Communism that collapses. In a funny way they gave the world a virus, and so did we only ours will be much more nastier lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
39 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Well, it was coming.

He has also revoked Hong Kong trading rights and is going to sanction politicians responsible for the loss of autonomy. This will be it! The UK planted its Trojan Horse knowing that when China tried to take democracy away from Hong Kong all hell would break lose.

Its going to be a summer of full blown civil insanity, they will have to fight for democracy now. I predict China will end up having to become one or letting Hong Kong go. Fingers crossed its the Communism that collapses. In a funny way they gave the world a virus, and so did we only ours will be much more nastier lol.

I don't think the US picking up it's toys and leaving is going to make any country have a regime change....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Took our money

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Is this official? Or does it have to go through the Senate or house ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

I predict China will end up having to become one or letting Hong Kong go. Fingers crossed its the Communism that collapses.

It's a nice hopeful sentiment but I think the CCP is going to show the world that NO ONE is going to tell THEM what to do.  I hope those kids in HK manage to burn that mother DOWN before the PLA murders them.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
42 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Is this official? Or does it have to go through the Senate or house ?

This is all I could find on the issue of authority.  I'm not sure if he has sole power on the issue but in this age of Trump the Terrible, a lot of people seem to think that just because they loathe, despise and disrespect this man, that he somehow is illegitimate and does not have the power that resides in that office.  And they'd be WRONG.

https://www.quora.com/Does-Trump-have-the-authority-to-defund-WHO?share=1

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I don't think the US picking up it's toys and leaving is going to make any country have a regime change....

I'm pretty sure that isn't the goal here.  The statement being made to the corrupt WHO, is, we see what you're doing and we don't plan to help pay for it any longer.  That's all.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
1 minute ago, and then said:

the corrupt WHO

How do you know that the WHO is corrupt? Is there any evidence of that? Or do you just take Trump's word for it?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
10 minutes ago, and then said:

This is all I could find on the issue of authority.  I'm not sure if he has sole power on the issue but in this age of Trump the Terrible, a lot of people seem to think that just because they loathe, despise and disrespect this man, that he somehow is illegitimate and does not have the power that resides in that office.  And they'd be WRONG.

https://www.quora.com/Does-Trump-have-the-authority-to-defund-WHO?share=1

Ooh, in CAPITALS no less.

Golly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
56 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

How do you know that the WHO is corrupt? Is there any evidence of that? Or do you just take Trump's word for it?

Of course the WHO is corrupt, it won’t obey America therefore it’s already in the pocket of some other sinister nation! OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Another slight of hand, and another typical diversion. This guy will do anything to divert attention away from the fact that over 100, 600 Americans are dead, and at least 50% of those deaths are directly due to his incompetence. It is really sad that he thinks this nonsense is more important than reaching out to any of the families those who have died. This is more important than the riots raging across the Nation, but try as he may it's not fooling anyone and his judgement day is coming. People are tired of his Political diversions, and blaming the WHO is one of the most fool hardy things he can do, and he just doesn't realize it!!!!!!:no::td:

President Trump you cant hide your culpability any longer America is awakening your days and your Presidency are numbered!!!:angry:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
1 hour ago, and then said:

It's a nice hopeful sentiment but I think the CCP is going to show the world that NO ONE is going to tell THEM what to do.  I hope those kids in HK manage to burn that mother DOWN before the PLA murders them.  

Hopefully we can offer the Hongkongers a path to citizenship like the U.K is doing.

 

https://www-bloomberg-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-28/u-k-plans-citizenship-for-hong-kong-residents-in-row-with-china?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F2020-05-28%2Fu-k-plans-citizenship-for-hong-kong-residents-in-row-with-china

A family friend is a duel citizen in Canada and HK. He moved to Canada during the original handoff because he wasen't sure how it was going to go and got his citizenship.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

How do you know that the WHO is corrupt? Is there any evidence of that? Or do you just take Trump's word for it?

Are you genuinely interested in the information or are we playing "legal" games where I have to present Affidavits and depositions and you still reject it?  Either way, I'll post it and people can give it whatever  credence they choose to.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/03/23/china-helped-get-who-director-general-elected-now-hes-returning-the-favor/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/03/20/the-world-health-org-covered-for-china-after-direct-warnings-of-wuhan-virus-spread-n2565366

From the piece:

The World Health Organization, an entity people everywhere can supposedly rely on for accuracy, gave provably false information to countries around the globe about human-to-human spread of Wuhan coronavirus in January.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/09/china-who-coronavirus-coverup-germany/

“The BND’s verdict is harsh: At least four, if not six, weeks have been lost in Beijing’s information policy in the fight against the virus,” Der Spiegel reported.  “We are still working to confirm this reporting. But if it turns out to be true, it’s further proof Director-General Tedros conspired with the Chinese Communist Party in their cover up and is not fit to lead the WHO,”

Anyone who is interested in learning the facts about what that organization is doing and how it is being manipulated can find that info online.  Those who are more interested in Red/Blue team arguments can look for them elsewhere, I've gotten kind of bored of it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKINWALKER19

Nearly 50% of Big Money respondents grade President Trump an A or B for his handling of the current financial crisis. Fifty-six percent expect the president to secure a second term in November, while 89% predict the Republican party will keep control of the Senate, and 75% say Democrats will continue to rule the House of Representatives.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

I think the key to his re-election may come down to the choices the Blue state governors make on when and how to reopen their economies.  There is a lot of suspicion that Whitmer, Newsom and Cuomo, to name a few, are intentionally dragging their feet to negatively impact the chances of an economic rebound that would benefit Trump this November.  Anyone who believes that isn't credible after the assaults we've seen over the past 3 years, just isn't believable, IMO.  

If they continue their shutdown while the majority of other states reopen and economic activity is easily seen to be improving where the Red state governors are making the decisions then that foot dragging strategy might well blow up in the faces of the Left.  If those predictions about government remaining divided with the Ds in control of the House, we can look forward to at least one more Impeachment drama.  Let's face it, it's all they have.  Meanwhile, Chuck Schmuck is wailing louder by the day about the huge numbers of Conservative judges being passed through the Senate into lifetime appointments.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
59 minutes ago, and then said:

Are you genuinely interested in the information or are we playing "legal" games where I have to present Affidavits and depositions and you still reject it?  Either way, I'll post it and people can give it whatever  credence they choose to.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/03/23/china-helped-get-who-director-general-elected-now-hes-returning-the-favor/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/03/20/the-world-health-org-covered-for-china-after-direct-warnings-of-wuhan-virus-spread-n2565366

From the piece:

The World Health Organization, an entity people everywhere can supposedly rely on for accuracy, gave provably false information to countries around the globe about human-to-human spread of Wuhan coronavirus in January.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/09/china-who-coronavirus-coverup-germany/

“The BND’s verdict is harsh: At least four, if not six, weeks have been lost in Beijing’s information policy in the fight against the virus,” Der Spiegel reported.  “We are still working to confirm this reporting. But if it turns out to be true, it’s further proof Director-General Tedros conspired with the Chinese Communist Party in their cover up and is not fit to lead the WHO,”

Anyone who is interested in learning the facts about what that organization is doing and how it is being manipulated can find that info online.  Those who are more interested in Red/Blue team arguments can look for them elsewhere, I've gotten kind of bored of it.

Although you used conservative, and thereby inevitably biased sources, I did manage to get the accusations confirmed from a neutral Australian source.

It seems you are correct. The WHO is seemingly corrupt.

But I would like to hear what they have to say to their defence. You know, innocent until proven guilty, and all that sh!t...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Hopefully we can offer the Hongkongers a path to citizenship like the U.K is doing.

 

let's not take away the joy of brits giving out their passports. 

as for WHO, let eu and china pay for it. 

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
1 hour ago, aztek said:

let's not take away the joy of brits giving out their passports. 

as for WHO, let eu and china pay for it. 

It’ll be interesting... China won’t pay for anything that it cannot control. If China does pick up the slack from the US of A then that’ll be telling IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’ll be interesting... China won’t pay for anything that it cannot control. If China does pick up the slack from the US of A then that’ll be telling IMO. 

hm, they already have.  they made it  clear in jan. that is exactly why we are not funding it anymore

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

President Trump you cant hide your culpability any longer America is awakening your days and your Presidency are numbered!!!:angry:

About 1,500.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Hopefully we can offer the Hongkongers a path to citizenship like the U.K is doing.

 

Why would we do that?  It does not seem to be the American way these days.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
2 hours ago, aztek said:

hm, they already have.  they made it  clear in jan. that is exactly why we are not funding it anymore

I’m not sure I agree. The WHO can only act on what they’re told, if China lies to the WHO they’re not in possession of any disproving evidence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

But I would like to hear what they have to say to their defence. You know, innocent until proven guilty, and all that sh!t...

Wait... you fault my sources as probably biased, that's reasonable, but then you acknowledge the wrongdoing of the organization from a source you trust yet still want me to offer some kind of sop to say they aren't "that bad"?  

The truth is that I hold no brief for any UN type global organizations that are funded in large part by the U.S. but which seem to routinely stand against our goals in the world.  If you think that's wrong then so be it.  My issue with THIS organization is not petty and it is not some transient one off mistake by their leadership.  It is clear that an organization that was stood up and funded as a protector of the global health, has used that trust and goodwill to hide double dealing with the CCP.  

If the WHO had been effectively led and was diligent in their duties and responsibilities to the world, they'd have called the spread of this virus a pandemic many weeks before they acknowledged it.  They also would not have been so glowing in their praise of a government that was shown on publicly available video from Chinese activists to be suppressing concerns from their own physicians and virologists.  The CCP behaved exactly the way totalitarian governments always have done.  Lie and cover up until that is no longer effective, then blame your enemy for what you did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

It seems we are having a double standard again.  Is it a serious pandemic in which the US is the epicenter or is it something that we shouldn't shut down for because it would damage our economy?

Because right now we are basically saying WHO and China should be punished for lack of action on a virus that we decided we aren't going to do anything about anyways.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.