Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robots Come Closer To Handling Household Tasks

UM-Bot

Experimental androids of decades past moved at a snail's pace, struggled to walk in a straight line, and toppled over while tethered to nearby equipment. Now, today's prototype robot companions are nimbler, more independent, and surprisingly humanlike.

After years of tinkering, Honda's groundbreaking humanoid Asimo robot resembles a real person and can move around somewhat freely.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: ABC News

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• SpaceyKC

• Kismit

• SuperNova

Top Posters In This Topic

I might like one to take out the trash (yuck), but I don't think

I could trust having one in the house who mistakes me for

an intruder. sad.gif

(one of the best scary sci-fi scenes to me, was in ROBO COP,

when that demo went haywire!) ohmy.gif

That's a good point KC

But still...to have robot do my dishes and my laundry and mow the lawn, that would be great. I would have to get two of them. A tall golden humanoid I would call C3PO and a short round one that gets around on short wheeled legs. I think I would call that one R2D2 biggrin.gif

Star Wars is cool cool.gif

Mechanical slaves are cool too cool.gif

wow no more dishes,vaccuming,cleaning toilet,cooking-I think i'd call my robot -owners to lazy to get of her butt! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The sooner I get a robot, the sooner I will have more time to do what I want. Like spending more time on the forum with these nice ladies wub.gif

They actually have had Robot's that can mow the lawn for a few years . New Zealander's are often used as lab rat's for new technology and product trials . It is a great testing ground for large companies because of it's small population whilst still being an advanced society . These lil lawnmowers only need to have your yard space programmed into them and they just move slowly around the yard all the time . Like those pool cleaning things that stick to the side of your pool and suck all the slime off . ponder.gif