Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghosts

jrsmith

There was a time when I was younger that I belived in all things unexplained, but now that I am growing older 66 now, that I may have out grown most of all this stuff. But I am still interested in all paranormal, but do I still belive? What about all u people out their?

3 minutes ago, jrsmith said:

What about all u people out their?

At this point I figure they are just figments of the imagination.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jrsmith said:

What about all u people out their?

When you're a kid, anything is possible. You're not limited by natural laws and physics.
Some people grow out of that naive approach, some don't. I mean, a majority of the world's population still believe in a god. Sadly.

If you trust physics, which has never failed, it tells us that there are three spatial dimensions. There are no higher dimensions for beings to hide. And an intelligent being can't be made of air. So we can safely conclude that souls, ghosts, demons, angels and their bosses don't exist. Because they have nowhere to exist.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

And an intelligent being can't be made of air. So we can safely conclude that souls, ghosts, demons, angels and their bosses don't exist. Because they have nowhere to exist.

They exist fully within the human imagination. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jrsmith said:

There was a time when I was younger that I belived in all things unexplained, but now that I am growing older 66 now, that I may have out grown most of all this stuff. But I am still interested in all paranormal, but do I still belive? What about all u people out their?

I'd have to answer on a subject by subject basis. I was once a nonbeliever myself but now am a certain believer in ghosts from the quantity. quality and consistency of the evidence. What are ghosts and the various types of ghosts has now become the more interesting questions for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the only interest I've got in the paranormal is debunking it for the BS it is!

Having said that if folk get comfort from believing long lost loved ones are with them then how can argue with that...
Just don't try to convince me it's real, because I'm sure it's not..

Oh yeah, welcome, jr by the way;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

They exist fully within the human imagination. 

Fully and safely. We couldn't pull them out with a tractor, if we tried.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Fully and safely. We couldn't pull them out with a tractor, if we tried.

Of course we can. That's why people write books and tell stories. They spread memetically.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

the only interest I've got in the paranormal is debunking it for the BS it is!

Having said that if folk get comfort from believing long lost loved ones are with them then how can argue with that...
Just don't try to convince me it's real, because I'm sure it's not..

Oh yeah, welcome, jr by the way;)

^^^^ this ^^^^

And in my case after over 40 years of research in topics of paranormal supernatural otherwordly etc ive have zero proof only excuses and stories, things blindly believed when younger went to the trash can when all i needed and never found was simple proof.

Ive also had a truning to the study of the mind, the imagination, mental issues, those are the places where paranormal supernatural otherwordly exists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

And in my case after over 40 years of research in topics of paranormal supernatural otherwordly etc ive have zero proof only excuses and stories

Which equals zilch experience,what a waste of your life :lol:.But I do admire your dedication:nw:

Edited by openozy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jrsmith said:

But I am still interested in all paranormal, but do I still belive? What about all u people out their?

Because most of this can't be proved wrong and is very real to people who have experienced it, so I can understand your continued interest as I do mine.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jrsmith said:

I believe when an unexplained event occurs ; ) but I never NOT believe, too many things have happened... (the in between times are NICE).

And some things like Santa, flying rain deer, fairy's - including the tooth fairy, werewolves, elf's, unicorns, etc. Well sometimes you just have to draw a limit on some things... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

Which equals zilch experience,what a waste of your life :lol:.

a wasted life would be a delusional,  blind faith true believer who has a great imagination of conjuring and spookies and special powers, all of course with zero proof just anger and bitterness that they have nothing but made up stories and blaming the disbeliever.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 19_Kilo said:

go read Carl Sagan's Invisible Dragon in My Garage. 

Go get some insight :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

a wasted life would be a delusional,  blind faith true believer who has a great imagination of conjuring and spookies and special powers, all of course with zero proof just anger and bitterness that they have nothing but made up stories and blaming the disbeliever.

I'm happy as Larry,with insight.lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, jrsmith said:

I have never believed in all things unexplained, but I certainly believed in ghosts in my younger years but again as I have grown older my belief has gone.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

I have never believed in all things unexplained, but I certainly believed in ghosts in my younger years but again as I have grown older my belief has gone.  

I have evolved to the point of not believing anything about anything.  There is reality...and then there is everything else.  You don't need to believe in reality.  It just is.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2020 at 2:16 AM, 19_Kilo said:

If we skeptics were truly annoyed by claims of the supernatural we wouldn't be here. Rather,  we'd find some science or history forum to join.

This is certainly a more entertaining place, than a skeptics forum, where everybody is an olympic champion in back patting.

But I'm also here to learn about patterns in people's experiences, and to search for the impossible needle in the haystack, a paranormal story that can be backed up with evidence. But after nearly four years, I've found nothing - as suspected. Still waiting though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

This is certainly a more entertaining place, than a skeptics forum, where everybody is an olympic champion in back patting.

But I'm also here to learn about patterns in people's experiences, and to search for the impossible needle in the haystack, a paranormal story that can be backed up with evidence. But after nearly four years, I've found nothing - as suspected. Still waiting though.

I got tired of S vs S. Same threads over and over. 

I'm still waiting for solid evidence. But I think this stuff really says more about how our minds work, more than anything paranormal. 

• Like 2

DustyRose, you seem to be laughing at all the comments. Just remember, doing so still increases my like count. So thanks :tu:

Might reach 100,000 by years end.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2020 at 3:26 AM, XenoFish said:

I may not believe, but I do like to speculate.

^^^ This

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 2:20 PM, Jujo-jo said:

And some things like Santa, flying rain deer, fairy's - including the tooth fairy, werewolves, elf's, unicorns, etc. Well sometimes you just have to draw a limit on some things..

I'm glad you didn't mention gnomes,which I have seen.

• Haha 1