Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Symptoms - My Symptoms

Raptor Witness

I got tested for COVID-19 today.  Here's why ...

My symptoms began last weekend, when I noticed that I seemed confused in a way that was very abnormal for me. At the same time, and despite getting plenty of sleep, both my eyes were burning and red for a couple of days. It wasn't a sudden change during the course of the day. I woke up that way. I also, do not drink alcohol.

On days three and four, I had a mild case of pink eye in both eyes, which cleared on it's own.

Finally, and this was the big one, I temporarily lost most of my sense of taste. for a few hours, around the same time that I had the worst day of mild pink eye, and this was the symptom that made me seek out a COVID-19 test.

I've experienced no fever, and I have checked for this.

If you have any symptoms that make you reasonably suspicious to seek out a COVID-19 test, perhaps you might care to share these with all of us; here, and also what happens to you.

I will post a follow-up. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

My symptoms began last weekend, when I noticed that I seemed confused in a way that was very abnormal for me. At the same time, and despite getting plenty of sleep, both my eyes were burning and red for a couple of days. It wasn't a sudden change during the course of the day. I woke up that way. I also, do not drink alcohol.

On days three and four, I had a mild case of pink eye in both eyes, which cleared on it's own.

Finally, and this was the big one, I temporarily lost most of my sense of taste. for a few hours, around the same time that I had the worst day of mild pink eye, and this was the symptom that made me seek out a COVID-19 test.

If you have any symptoms that make you reasonably suspicious to seek out a COVID-19 test, perhaps you might care to share these with all of us; here, and also what happens to you.

I will post a follow-up. 

I truly hope your ok, but how long ago did you the test?

Peace

My niece had it, back in March, she's okay and it didn't reach a level enough to go to the hospital but she still coughs and when it was bad said it felt like nothing she's had before and she used to work in a daycare and has had everything under the sun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I feel really fatigued this morning!  Also my back hurts a lot more than usual.  And I feel like my head is in a fog.

Could be from spending 7 straight hours yesterday weed eating and mowing and then 2 more hours in the pool drinking beer....oh wait, I forgot, I feel like I've been run over by a dump truck every day...but then again, my work is all very physical and it's outside, and it's hot.  But I suppose if I ever found the time and had a burning desire to stay home and not make any money, I might get tested.   But, then again,  there is that nagging little thing called, I don't really care all that much...if I get the Covid and die, well...that solves a host of other problems doesn't it?  We'll see how I feel later this morning after I spray weeds and plant 7 palm trees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I will post a follow-up. 

The reason I asked about when you were tested, is because it takes less than 24 hours to get results. I have been tested twice here in South Korea and both time I had the results in less than 24 hour's. I don't know what kind of test you were given, but here they use two cue tips with long wooden handles, they stick one down your throat and the other so far up your that it bleeds, at least mine did. Those tests really sucked, but I at least I know I don't have it yet!!!!!:yes:

Peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last week of February. Whole body ache and weakness, couldn't breath, only wanted to sleep and felt like my internal organs were microwaved. Lasted till about March. Kung Fu? Maybe, maybe not. My father had the same symptoms. Still don't have much wind to me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Both eyes burning.....I call that allergy season.

Yep, nothing like a pandemic in allergy season to get a train carriage to yourself at rush hour :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yep, nothing like a pandemic in allergy season to get a train carriage to yourself at rush hour :lol:

Then you can't tell if it's all allergies or wuflu.

3 hours ago, Setton said:

As I plainly said, the sudden loss of taste was the deciding factor, for me, not my eyes. 

Those who are laughing now, are the obvious fools, in a deadly game of chance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Then you can't tell if it's all allergies or wuflu.

Actually, yes I can. Symptoms of COVID-19 are a new unexplained cough. Not the same one that comes round every year and goes away once I get some tablets.

They also have tests in case you haven't heard.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

As I plainly said, the sudden loss of taste was the deciding factor, for me, not my eyes. 

Where did I say otherwise?

Calm down and keep breathing.

Those who are laughing now, are the obvious fools, in a deadly game of chance.

Believe it or not, one can have a sense of humour and take all reasonable precautions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Actually, yes I can. Symptoms of COVID-19 are a new unexplained cough. Not the same one that comes round every year and goes away once I get some tablets.

They also have tests in case you haven't heard.

Look at you, being such a smart puppy. Good boy.

• Haha 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Look at you, being such a smart puppy. Good boy.

I imagine even a puppy would seem smart to certain people...

• Like 1

Let us know how the test goes.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, joc said:

I feel really fatigued this morning!  Also my back hurts a lot more than usual.  And I feel like my head is in a fog.

Could be from spending 7 straight hours yesterday weed eating and mowing and then 2 more hours in the pool drinking beer....oh wait, I forgot, I feel like I've been run over by a dump truck every day...but then again, my work is all very physical and it's outside, and it's hot.  But I suppose if I ever found the time and had a burning desire to stay home and not make any money, I might get tested.   But, then again,  there is that nagging little thing called, I don't really care all that much...if I get the Covid and die, well...that solves a host of other problems doesn't it?  We'll see how I feel later this morning after I spray weeds and plant 7 palm trees.

If the spray also kills viruses, you're probably safe. :whistle:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

I imagine even a puppy would seem smart to certain people...

He's always playing with fire here, and regularly gets burned to a crisp.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2020 at 6:47 AM, Raptor Witness said:

Have you already done a KT scan to see what condition your lungs are in?

21 hours ago, joc said:

I have spent the last few days in the garden, but today l have a sore back and my neck feels like it is going to fall off its hinges, that isn't because l have it, it is because l live in Communist Victoria, AU, and have to be on a constant lookout for cops, (have committed terrible acts, like having a coffee in my car, enjoying the view, and worst still reading a paper, (this is hypothetical)).

I did have SARS though, probably 6 or more years ago, and it was weird and disappeared within a few days. But if l get this in my state, then it would be 2 weeks of starving to death, on top of boredom and a 25k fine if l step outside.

Or as we Victorians like to say, "f.....that"!

B)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coil said:

This is very important...along with getting an HIV test to make sure you don't have AIDS...plus...you should have a full blood screen done...just to make sure you are not diabetic.

...or...you could just stop being paranoid about it and know that you have absolutely no idea how or when you will die.  

• Like 1

He's always playing with fire here, and regularly gets burned to a crisp.

Haven't been burned yet. Considering you're just another false prophet.

On May 31, 2020 at 7:51 AM, joc said:

...just a thought... Might you be Dehydrated?   That can cause all sorts of symptoms .      

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coil said:

No need for that, yet. Respiratory symptoms were mild and not conclusive.

As I’ve indicated, the sudden loss of taste was what really made me suspicious, Hopefully I am negative, but I wanted to know.

14 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

No need for that, yet. Respiratory symptoms were mild and not conclusive.

As I’ve indicated, the sudden loss of taste was what really made me suspicious, Hopefully I am negative, but I wanted to know.

And what kind of disease do you have then, since the loss of smell is inherent in the coronavirus.
Didn't you have a cough and fever?
Tests may not show coronavirus and a person may feel normal although there may be changes in the lungs.
Just in case, you can take an X-ray and see if there are bright areas. Some were ill with the coronavirus and two times the tests showed negative results although there were symptoms with coronavirus.

• Like 1

When are the results expected?

• Like 1