Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The minute lockdown is eased...

Commander CMG

I gave up years ago, this so called "human privilege" will know what is coming these few years...

Desert Locust situation update 27 May 2020. In the past few days, there have been movements of adult groups and swarms in India, Oman, UAE, and Uganda. Swarms are forming in the spring breeding areas and migrating east to the Indo-Pakistan border ahead of the monsoon rains. India.

~

Everyone is still pretending that there's nothing worse than what's going on now... 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here we have had beach cleaning by volunteers.  It is amazing that people selflessly give their time to gather all pollutants they can find to keep our beaches clean.  It is so sad that they have to clean the beaches because others are so lazy and ignorant to leave garbage instead of cleaning up after themselves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

@Iilaa'mpuul'xem

Yeah..... Sorry about that. We got a bit carried away.

If you see a portable BBQ, please hang onto it for us. We'll be back at 8-ish for another session, after we've had a nap.  :tu:

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Here we have had beach cleaning by volunteers.  It is amazing that people selflessly give their time to gather all pollutants they can find to keep our beaches clean.  It is so sad that they have to clean the beaches because others are so lazy and ignorant to leave garbage instead of cleaning up after themselves.

A wasteful society, with no respect. And it's right across the board. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

My sister and I have cleaned up the canoe landiings on 3 different rivers since we were kids and my family had to fence off our causeway on Mantua Creek because they were using our old smokehouse as a party spot and vandalizing our boats.  . 

The plus side was the rangers let us camp on all the state river spots because they knew what we were doing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, acute said:

@Iilaa'mpuul'xem

Yeah..... Sorry about that. We got a bit carried away.

If you see a portable BBQ, please hang onto it for us. We'll be back at 8-ish for another session, after we've had a nap.  :tu:

Brummies and Yam yams need to be banned from Bronte Country!!! :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You sure the second picture isn't from a homeless guy?

But yeah **** litter bugs. Like it's really isn't that hard to just not leave your **** on the ground.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You have deposit there? Looks to be almost $2.00 worth of cans and bottles just in those two pictures.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have to take a garbage bag with me when I go to the local parks to collect it all. People throw their trash in the water or on the shore all the time. The worst part is that their are garbage barrels every 35-50 feet. How lazy and disrespectful of a wonderful natural environment people can be is astounding. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

No big surprise there. Asians are usually the rudest and most disrespectful tourists I've seen. Ask any hotel housekeeper about how they treat their rooms.

:rolleyes:   ok......

Since it was probably local Northerners and Pakistani Northerners don't drink. I would say it was White Brits.  :yes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

No big surprise there. Asians are usually the rudest and most disrespectful tourists I've seen. Ask any hotel housekeeper about how they treat their rooms.

what do you mean by "Asians" ? Chinese ? Japanese ? Koreans ? Pakistanis ? Indian muslims ? Indian non-muslims ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So you are saying that Chinese, Japanese and Koreans are uniquely rude as tourists ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 19_Kilo said:

The first three, primarily.

It always seemed like Americans were the rudest tourists. :yes:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

:rolleyes:   ok......

Since it was probably local Northerners and Pakistani Northerners don't drink. I would say it was White Brits.  :yes:

White Brummies, definitely white brummies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 19_Kilo said:

*Americans a close second* :yes:

From personal experience the Japanese have never seemed a problem and it doesn't even mention them....

Russians are a pain in the ass though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

White Brummies, definitely white brummies. 

Or those Midlanders posing as Northerners like @Stiff!!!! :angry:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

It always seemed like Americans were the rudest tourists. :yes:

I think so too. When I was in Germany I got mistaken for English quite often and I never understood why until I saw some U.S. tourists.  OMG!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Personally, I never ran into a rude or unruly Japanese tourist.  The most forward they ever got around me was to ask that I be in a family picture on a boat near Guilin, China.  I think that was because I was 6'5" and had a beard.  The father said I looked like "strong America".  That was 30 years ago though so times change.  They sent me a copy of the picture of me and their kids, kinda sweet.  If you travel on a Japanese and Chinese subway, you see the difference.  Japanese ignore you and give you your own space even when you are a foot taller than most.  The whole subway care will stare at you in Beijing.  I don't suppose they saw many Americans there, business was just opening up at that time,  1980's..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I think so too. When I was in Germany I got mistaken for English quite often and I never understood why until I saw some U.S. tourists.  OMG!

When I was in Europe I kept my Northumberland accent turned on so they didn't know I was half American. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Piney said:

When I was in Europe I kept my Northumberland accent turned on so they didn't know I was half American. 

What's funny is I had a SW U.S. accent, but I used my large vocabulary.  I think it was more about not acting entitled and idiotically rude for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

This is how people treat the beauty spots in my village the minute lockdown has been eased.

That is a very beautiful spot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That is a very beautiful spot. 

Thank you, I never take my surroundings for granted and appreciate it everyday, especially the moors, they are right outside my door. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Piney said:

Or those Midlanders posing as Northerners like @Stiff!!!! :angry:

North Easterners actually smug.gif

• Haha 2

Always bring a bag with me on my morning walks through the park, or at the beach.  It's often full halfway through and I'll grab another bag lying around continue with that.

Our neighborhood is pretty good so the park is often clear in one pass, but the beach.... my god what people are comfortable leaving behind makes me nasueous.  I just don't get how you can go somewhere so beautiful, enjoy yourself thoroughly and then utterly disregard it and abuse it with your lazy trash residue.

It started for me when we moved to Brooklyn.  Prospect Park was my spiritual release valve and recharge zone... so it was just natural for me to clean it up as I walked through.  

One day a woman saw what I was doing and said "Oh!  Good for you!"

I turned and said "Good for everyone."

• Like 3