Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump is Declaring Martial Law in DC

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

how would YOU have handled the situation differently to what President Trump has handled it ? 

You asked Manwon,  but I would like to answer if I may.     I would have addressed the nation ...asking for Peace to prevail.  I would have asked them to refrain from violence.   I would have told them that "we" will look into the matter of the use of excessive force, and "we" will make every effort to put an end to it...for all our sakes.    (er sumpthin like that)

i would have told them that violence is not an answer to violence.   

• Like 1

Just now, lightly said:

You asked Manwon,  but I would like to answer if I may.     I would have addressed the nation ...asking for Peace to prevail.  I would have asked them to refrain from violence.   I would have told them that "we" will look into the matter of the use of excessive force, and "we" will make every effort to put an end to it...for all our sakes.    (er sumpthin like that)

Isn't that kinda what he did ? 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Isn't that kinda what he did ? 

Not that I recall.        As for the president...I would advise him ...if you are going to clutch a bible in your hands,  you might appear more sincere if you hold it right side up, rather than upside down.  :huh:

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hang on a minute... he said that IF the state governors can't contain the violence, then he would consider sending the troops in. 

"IF"

He's got to give them time to prove that they have no control ? 

Which comments - precisely - has he not followed through on ? 

Thanks not what he said, go find a video and knock yourself  out!!!!!!!!:tu:

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lightly said:

This guy is a Spinner, he never offers anything of substance, his only purpose is to stir the pot. Every question he asks, he already has a manufactured response for and he will pull you along so long as you answer him. Don't bother the guy, let him play his games with some one else, you are far above his game. He is just like another individual who posts in these threads, he is most likely compensated for doing what he does, by who I am not certain, but think about who would benefit from it!:whistle:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

He is using the insurrection Act o 1807 to put American Troops into Washington DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act

Peace

Is congress currently in session? 

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

@Manwon Lender, how would YOU have handled the situation differently to what President Trump has handled it ? 

Like other presidents and world leaders have:  You talk with community leaders (as Biden has done twice in the past 2 days), talk with and listen to some of the individual protesters (as Biden has done in the past 2 days), engage with religious and civil leaders and local politicians to identify each area's problem spots and stand with them to announce resolutions to address these problems (as Bush did post Rodney King), and start moving forward with the plans.  When you call the grieving family, you don't tell them about your problems -- you listen to what they had to say (like Obama after the Sandy Hook shootings.)

You don't talk tough and have protesters pushed off a street so you can walk to a church and hold up a book you never read while standing in several different poses to find the right "look" for the camera.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I thought I would be surprised that people were still defending this tyrant...but alas...I am not....We are all doomed. 

20 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Like other presidents and world leaders have:  You talk with community leaders (as Biden has done twice in the past 2 days), talk with and listen to some of the individual protesters (as Biden has done in the past 2 days), engage with religious and civil leaders and local politicians to identify each area's problem spots and stand with them to announce resolutions to address these problems (as Bush did post Rodney King), and start moving forward with the plans.  When you call the grieving family, you don't tell them about your problems -- you listen to what they had to say (like Obama after the Sandy Hook shootings.)

You don't talk tough and have protesters pushed off a street so you can walk to a church and hold up a book you never read while standing in several different poses to find the right "look" for the camera.  

you confusing rioters and protesters,  there is no talk to looters, and rioters, being tough is the only thing that will work, as far as protesters, there is not nothing to talk about, 4 cops  involved were fired, and 1 charged with murder, others will be charged soon as well, more than likely, due process is at work

• Thanks 1

As per usual Crystal and Saagar nail it with common sense and truth.

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

you confusing rioters and protesters,  there is no talk to looters, and rioters, being tough is the only thing that will work, as far as protesters, there is not nothing to talk about, 4 cops  involved were fired, and 1 charged with murder, others will be charged soon as well, more than likely, due process is at work

I don't disagree with you assessment of this particular incident but the real problem is we know it's only a matter of time before another black man is unjustifiably chocked to death.  How many times is someone telling the police I cant breathe going to die?  That's what the protests are about, the cops need to change their hearts basically.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

I don't disagree with you assessment of this incident but the real problem is we know it's only a matter of time before another black man is unjustifiably chocked to death.  How many times is someone telling the police I cant breathe going to die?  That's what the protests are about, the cops need to change their hearts basically.

my problem with this, is that for every 1 black man choked there are prbly (statistically) 2 white guys choked, yet i  see no one complains about whites killed by cops, as if killing whites is ok but killing blacks is so much worst, so i don't really care about their so called pain

i know police wont change,  it is so much bigger than changing some cops hearts. it is gvmnt doctrine, 

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't disagree with you assessment of this incident but the real problem is we know it's only a matter of time before another black man is unjustifiably chocked to death.  How many times is someone telling the police I cant breathe going to die?  That's what the protests are about, the cops need to change their hearts basically.

That still does not explain why there were riots in Phoenix or any other city that has a totally different police department and has not had a recent murder by cop.  This incident is being used to incite riots all over and someone needs to find out who is organizing that. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That still does not explain why there were riots in Phoenix or any other city that has a totally different police department and has not had a recent murder by cop.  This incident is being used to incite riots all over and someone needs to find out who is organizing that

liberals, antifa. it is clear as day by now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, aztek said:

my problem with this, is that for every 1 black man choked there are prbly (statistically) 2 white guys choked, yet i  see no one complains about whites killed by cops, as if killing whites is ok but killing blacks is so much worst, so i don't really care about their so called pain

i know police wont change,  it is so much bigger than changing some cops hearts. it is gvmnt doctrine, 

This is pure dog whistle rhetoric. 

1 hour ago, aztek said:

Link please.  But regardless the police should not be killing handcuffed and otherwise subdued people period.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Link please.  But regardless the police should not be killing handcuffed and otherwise subdued people period.  

link to what? stats of death by police  broken down into races?  sure https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

no they should not, but as long as  white deaths are ignored, and blacks make all media headlines,  i can't say i care about their cause.

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

link to what? stats of death by police  broken down into races?  sure https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

no they should not, but as long as  white deaths are ignored, and blacks make all media headlines,  i can't say i care about their cause.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21857/people-killed-in-police-shootings-in-the-us/

A Washington Post analysis has found that black Americans are disproportionately affected by police violence. The data focuses specifically on police shootings and it mainly relies on police reports, news accounts and social media postings. Since the start of 2015, 4,728 people across the country have died in police shootings and approximately half - 2,385 - were white. Out of the remainder, 1,252 were black, 877 were Hispanic and 214 were from other racial groups. The data looks different as a share of the population, however. Black Americans account for less than 13 percent of the population but they are shot and killed by the police at a rate that's over twice as high as for white Americans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

No, I'm not confusing the two.  Disperse the crowds and the looters can't act.

And "nothing to talk about"?  There's plenty to talk about (including why it took 4 days to charge a known officer with murder and why the others with him haven't been charged.  Fired, yes, but... no charges?  Not even "depraved indifference"?  That's a lame response from the police department.

Floyd was just the tip of the iceberg; the "straw" that broke the camel's back.  Problems need to be addressed and some of the culture needs to be fixed, including the over-militarization of the police.  Ignoring it or delaying the response isn't going to make the situation less difficult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That still does not explain why there were riots in Phoenix or any other city that has a totally different police department and has not had a recent murder by cop.  This incident is being used to incite riots all over and someone needs to find out who is organizing that. 

Wasn't much of a riot in Phoenix: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/phoenix-officers-take-a-knee-and-crowd-disperses-at-curfew/ar-BB14TR20

Protest marches aren't riots.

4 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

No, I'm not confusing the two.  Disperse the crowds and the looters can't act.

lmao have you seen tv lately? maybe fb videos, tweeter?  i'd post some juicy videos or what your "protesters" do but it will be removed in o time,  does not seem like you have a clue of what you talking about, 

i did not even bother reading the rest of yoru post,  you lost me on first line

Edited by aztek
  • Confused 1

Just now, aztek said:

lmao have you seen tv lately? maybe fb videos, tweeter?  i'd post some juicy videos or what your "protesters" do but it will be removed in o time,  does not seem like you have a clue of what you talking about, 

Not only have I seen tv/fb/twitter lately, I've participated in marches.

So, yes, I have some personal experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Not only have I seen tv/fb/twitter lately, I've participated in marches.

So, yes, I have some personal experience.

so which store did you loot?

7 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I agree protests aren't riots, but then why did the governor install a curfew?

Edited by Desertrat56

• This topic was locked and unlocked