Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump is Declaring Martial Law in DC

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Isn't it called "martial law"......?

@sci-nerdThanks for watching my back, this situation has got me a little excited!!!!!!!  Corrected!!!!!!!

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Isn't it called "martial law"......?

almost but civilian law is still in effect, so not quite.

Just now, micahc said:

This will be the first time since 1807, that the US Military will deployed upon US Soil for the purpose of stopping demonstrations in the USA. The President is using the Insurrection  Act of 1807 to legally deploy US Troops on American Soil, this is really shocking and who knows where this going!

Below is the Insurrection  Act of 1807

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act

Peace

7 minutes ago, micahc said:

He is using the insurrection Act o 1807 to put American Troops into Washington DC.

Peace

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, micahc said:

It appears that the Insurrection Act of 1807 can not be implemented outside of the District Of Columbia unless the State Governors give the Federal  Government permission to do so.

Peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It appears that the Insurrection Act of 1807 can not be implemented outside of the District Of Columbia unless the State Governors give the Federal  Government permission to do so.

Peace

the president can call the state national guards into federal service.  during the civil rights days of the 60's it happened a few times.  

• Like 3

Good

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Good

What's the good part?

30 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

This will be the first time since 1807, that the US Military will deployed upon US Soil for the purpose of stopping demonstrations in the USA. The President is using the Insurrection  Act of 1807 to legally deploy US Troops on American Soil, this is really shocking and who knows where this going!

Below is the Insurrection  Act of 1807

Peace

What about the Bonus Army?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Your header is gross hyperbole at the very least, and can even be justifiably called patently false.

Trump has done nothing near declaring martial law in DC. Rather,  he has simply promised to protect the citizenry and take back the city from felonious and violent rioters, nee: terrorists, by mobilizing the military if need be. That's not martial law.

This is martial law...

Definition of martial law

1: the law applied in occupied territory by the military authority of the occupying power
2: the law administered by military forces that is invoked by a government in an emergency when the civilian law enforcement agencies are unable to maintain public order and safety

See? Trump is hardly folding his normal government functions and letting the military take control of them. Which is true martial law. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/01/george-floyd-protests-ag-barr-deploying-riot-teams-dc-miami/5308052002/

This is the law he is using, The Insurrection Act of 1807, but the Governors will not follow his nonsense, attacking peaceful protestors after hiding in the White House Bunker for the 24 hour's is the act of a coward, it doesn't make him look strong, it makes him look like the coward he is. Well he is back in the bunker now, best place for him.:yes::D

Oh and the way, follower your Leader, do you remember the old saying we all used in the Military's, Lead - Follow - or get the F out of the way, well your leader needs to get out of way, because he isn't a Leader.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 19_Kilo said:

What would that be, exactly, in your opinion?

Putin is trying to destroy America and our allies. He wants chaos in America.  He blames us for the protests against him.  He has used Russian intel to murder his opponents, and to create conflict within countries including America. He has found Trump a useful and willing idiot. Trump is a sociopath much like Putin. They both have personality disorders. Trump is just so blatantly narcissistic and so in love with money, Putin knows how to play him. Trump is so stupid he doesn't even realize how obvious he is.  Big beautiful letters from NK to cover their nuclear program. Putin dangles wealth in front of Trump.   Trump even today is putting Putin ahead of our allies. Why does he want him in the G7 so badly?  Because Trump tower Moscow is on his mind. I think Trump wants to be one of Putin's oligarchs.  I really do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

The first time since 1807?

Wrong again,

Are you drunk?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-national-guard-deployments-timeline-htmlstory.html

We are not talking about the National Guard, he is threating to use Federal Troops, to may need to pay better attention to what's going on. Oh yea, by the way, name calling only proves you have already lost the conversation, so please carry on, I will stoop to your level.:yes:;)

Peace

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

You are incorrect, your attention span is weak, he threatening to employ Federal Troops, has that been done over the past four decades?:rolleyes:

Peace

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

All pure opinion with zero proof. Name one thing Putin has done in attempt to destroy the US?

Show us a link from any MD psychiatrists that have diagnosed Trump or Putin with mental disorders.

How does Putin dangle wealth in front of Trump?  And why do this?

How bout a link showing plans for Trump Tower in Moscow?

And many people want Russia in G7. Why not? 

In love with money? The communists say that about ALL people in capitalist nations.

Every POTUS for the past 50 years has been wealthy.

I'll wait for those links.

Cheers!

If you read the mueller report you would know. Russian intel created fake organizations and profiles trying to organize protesters on both sides of an issue, muslim anti muslim, black, and white supremist, then attempted and in some cases successfully, to protests and counter protests at the same time.  Putin is actively attempting to undermine our faith in our institutions, and Trump is the best tool for that.  You are not very sharp or in denial. Trump is not normal. Stop pretending he is. Do you know what a personality disorder is?  Not many people want Russia in the G7 in fact NONE of them except for Trumpanov the clown. You are clearly not  a loyal American. Perhaps you are a Russian. I am blocking you.  I block all trumpists.  they are sick people.

Edited by micahc
  • Like 3

Just now, 19_Kilo said:

Uh...The National Guard IS the military. IS federal troops. And why would regular Army or Marines be construed as more pernicious? Last I checked those National Guard guys used real weapons too. LOL 

Just like Trump your divert attention away from your original comments, so when was the last time Federal Troops were deployed in the US?

Oh you don't have to answer, I know it's embarrassing to make comments like you are doing, especially when you know you are wrong!

Peace 

6 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

All pure opinion with zero proof. Name one thing Putin has done in attempt to destroy the US?

Show us a link from any MD psychiatrists that have diagnosed Trump or Putin with mental disorders.

How does Putin dangle wealth in front of Trump?  And why do this?

How bout a link showing plans for Trump Tower in Moscow?

And many people want Russia in G7. Why not? 

In love with money? The communists say that about ALL people in capitalist nations.

Every POTUS for the past 50 years has been wealthy.

I'll wait for those links.

Cheers!

I suspect since you have so much faith in your Leader, you should follow his Lead and find a Bunker to hide in!!!!!!!!!:D;)

Peace

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, micahc said:

the president can call the state national guards into federal service.  during the civil rights days of the 60's it happened a few times.  

Yes he can, but he can also Deploy Federal Troops from the Military Bases across the country, but only if the state Governors support his foolish actions, which 90% wont, because they don't trust him or his motives either.

Peace 

• Like 1

There needs to be a differentiation when stating what troops will be employed for enforcing martial law. Is it stating the use of regular Army or National Guard.  There may be mention of federalizing the national guard in areas to support curfews in light of the riots in some cities. There has been absolutely no mention of active duty forces being used to enforce anything since the border support missions in the fall of 2018. So as one person who is still active, stop with the fear mongering.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes he can, but he can also Deploy Federal Troops from the Military Bases across the country, but only if the state Governors support his foolish actions, which 90% wont, because they don't trust him or his motives either.

Peace 

I think only in the most extreme situation, but I will have to look further.  Generally the President just takes over command of the National Guard.  I linked an article with examples over the years. Ironically its an article discussing Trump's threat to use federal troops in Chicago a few years back. He likes to threaten the use of Troops, I guess to compensate for the fact he was a coward and lied to get out of service.  Let me look into it.  The Posse Comitatus Act is suppose to restrain the Army, and later the Air Force from domestic law enforcement.  The Navy department was never added.  But I will look around for any example that the military was used for this purpose.  The military can be used for rescues, and disaster relief, as long as its not doing law enforcement.  The National Guard is different. They were considered citizen Militia though they are much more lethal and sophisticated now.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-feds-20170210-story.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just send in the water cannons.  Very effective in other countries.

I'm going to stroll between these riot police and protestors, WCGW ...

Don't Mess With Riot Water Cannons GIF | Gfycat

Turkish police use water cannon to disperse gay pride parade on ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aaron2017 said:

Just send in the water cannons.  Very effective in other countries.

I'm going to stroll between these riot police and protestors, WCGW ...

Don't Mess With Riot Water Cannons GIF | Gfycat

Turkish police use water cannon to disperse gay pride parade on ...

yeah bull connor use to do that during civil rights. in Birmingham AL.  terrible imagery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

this is really shocking and who knows where this going!

I agree that is is shocking, just for different reasons.  I'm curious, Manwon.  We currently have about a dozen U.S. cities that are being systematically looted and burned and where the governors are shirking their DUTY to protect their citizens.  Hopefully, we can agree on that much.  So I ask, how much longer should a U.S. president refrain from HIS DUTY to protect Americans?  How many more days and how many more cities would it take before you felt that a president should act to protect Americans in burning cities?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked