Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man describes 'UFO air battle' encounter

"Even if skeptics are not satisfied, the experience demonstrated to me that something beyond our own intelligence is visiting Earth. 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/337353/man-describes-ufo-air-battle-encounter

Do not sound too intelligent to me :whistle:

claimed to have seen a yellow object 'shaped life a speedboat' actually crash into some trees

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/337353/man-describes-ufo-air-battle-encounter

The above the trees is generally an indication  it was likely on a road in the distance on a hill. Car lights can look like they are in the sky and a lot higher at night.

Probably either some boy racers or a couple playing about with drones.

Did tthe guy who saw the crash or the boys go to look for it? 

Why would any intelligent life want to travel from light years away to have a duel above some trees on  Earth and one of them crashes?  I think sometimes people do not think when they tell these stories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Do not sound too intelligent to me :whistle:

The above the trees is generally an indication  it was likely on a road in the distance on a hill. Car lights can look like they are in the sky and a lot higher at night.

Probably either some boy racers or a couple playing about with drones.

Did tthe guy who saw the crash or the boys go to look for it? 

Why would any intelligent life want to travel from light years away to have a duel above some trees on  Earth and one of them crashes?  I think sometimes people do not think when they tell these stories.

It reminds me of a story someone told about the grand canyon in Arizona being caused by a battle of space ships inside the atmosphere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It reminds me of a story someone told about the grand canyon in Arizona being caused by a battle of space ships inside the atmosphere.

Lol, at least they had an imagination.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Lol, at least they had an imagination.

Yep but had no idea about geology.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

"Even if skeptics are not satisfied, the experience demonstrated to me that something beyond our own intelligence is visiting Earth

I love how that story teller had to get the token jab at skeptics in there.

So where is crash debris? Oh yeah :rolleyes:

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 6

He seems remarkably coherent. 

There's no hint of other motives or hidden agenda at this time. 

There's multiple witnesses. 

He hinted that the story has been written about and told before and yet he's now returned to it 40 years later when he could have just kept his head down. 

This warrants a look. 

Car coming down the hillside? Where do you make this crap up? 

Something about someone claiming the grand canyon was made via alien tech.... Errr, the guy in the video makes more sense, where did you even link the two stories? 

Drones? What 40 years ago? 

What is wrong with you people? The best you can say is I don't believe him, why make the rest of the crazy theories up? He was there, I'm pretty sure none of you can even point to the location on a map, let along actually been there. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I dont know about the rest of you, but this is exactly the kind of evidence Iv been waiting for. No additional proof needed. 

We are not alone. :tsu:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

He seems remarkably coherent. 

There's no hint of other motives or hidden agenda at this time. 

There's multiple witnesses. 

He hinted that the story has been written about and told before and yet he's now returned to it 40 years later when he could have just kept his head down. 

This warrants a look. 

Car coming down the hillside? Where do you make this crap up? 

Something about someone claiming the grand canyon was made via alien tech.... Errr, the guy in the video makes more sense, where did you even link the two stories? 

Drones? What 40 years ago? 

What is wrong with you people? The best you can say is I don't believe him, why make the rest of the crazy theories up? He was there, I'm pretty sure none of you can even point to the location on a map, let along actually been there. 

These are meaningless in examining the story:

• The speaker's demeanor.
  • Lack of motives or agenda known to the listener.
  • Multiple witnesses.
  • The story being old

The simple fact  is that multiple witnesses can form a story afterward that quickly deviates from what happened. They can form a new story completed with false memories that is significantly different from what they saw. False memories are as real to a person as actual memories. Retelling of stories leads to embellishments and refinements making the story even more unlike the events experienced.

What I think as significant are:

• He was 10 years old.
  • He claims to know the distance at night.
  • He gives suggestions on time viewed.

Being 10 I doubt they got anything right about location, or length of time viewed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Very, very well said stereo :tu:

Seems this one popped up here before,

A 10yo in 1980 is highly influenced by movies and TV and it was a time heavy on sci fi and alien craft, starwars, close encounters, countless tv shows,

i simply will not accept a 21 yo saw anything crash into a tree and did not go investagate it, find a souverneir,  i find that part hogwash.

If the stories been written about before thats super, post that collaborative evidence.

I have no idea what fueled this tale but its nothing i consider even vaugely otherworldly.

At best its a vauge weak story, likely imagination by kids.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

These are meaningless in examining the story:

• The speaker's demeanor.
  • Lack of motives or agenda known to the listener.
  • Multiple witnesses.
  • The story being old

The simple fact  is that multiple witnesses can form a story afterward that quickly deviates from what happened. They can form a new story completed with false memories that is significantly different from what they saw. False memories are as real to a person as actual memories. Retelling of stories leads to embellishments and refinements making the story even more unlike the events experienced.

What I think as significant are:

• He was 10 years old.
  • He claims to know the distance at night.
  • He gives suggestions on time viewed.

Being 10 I doubt they got anything right about location, or length of time viewed.

And yet it could all be correct. But you've quickly dismissed him. 

When you went there and checked the distances, how far out was he? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

And yet it could all be correct. But you've quickly dismissed him. 

When you went there and checked the distances, how far out was he? 

Have I quickly dismissed him? You are quite mistaken. I am pointing out that criteria you used to suggest that the story was in some way worth looking into are not good criteria. Next, I simply pointed out a number of problems with the story being told.

You are missing the point about distances. You can't tell at night how far away something is. People often report a bright light that follows them at night and is hovering nearby that turns out to be Venus. A group of people in the Yukon reported a UFO flying into a mountain. It was a Russian rocket stage reentry that was over a thousand miles away, not in front of them. It didn't land in the lake as some claimed. But these are the sorts of ideas people get into their minds as they try to make sense of what they are seeing. 

It's an old story and it comes from kids. I doubt there is anything to this but a story from 40 years ago. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, stereologist said:

Have I quickly dismissed him? You are quite mistaken. I am pointing out that criteria you used to suggest that the story was in some way worth looking into are not good criteria. Next, I simply pointed out a number of problems with the story being told.

You are missing the point about distances. You can't tell at night how far away something is. People often report a bright light that follows them at night and is hovering nearby that turns out to be Venus. A group of people in the Yukon reported a UFO flying into a mountain. It was a Russian rocket stage reentry that was over a thousand miles away, not in front of them. It didn't land in the lake as some claimed. But these are the sorts of ideas people get into their minds as they try to make sense of what they are seeing. 

It's an old story and it comes from kids. I doubt there is anything to this but a story from 40 years ago. 

The get out is to sit and pick and make up rules of your own why something is lacking. 

Use your own criteria that doesn't sound crazy when compared to the original story. 

22 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The get out is to sit and pick and make up rules of your own why something is lacking. 

Use your own criteria that doesn't sound crazy when compared to the original story. 

What are you on about?

I used commonly applied criteria. You posted a bunch of bad ideas as to trust the story of some kids from 40 years ago.

Let's see how bad your criteria are?

Multiple witnesses. That is two brothers. The story by the 21 year old is not what the two brothers witnessed.

Speaker's demeanor. Has nothing at all to do with facts of the case.

Lack of motives or agenda known to the listener. Has nothing to do with the facts of the case. That is based on your personal lack of knowledge about the issue.

Here are issues I brought up.

He was 10 years old. That's a fact.

He claims to know the distance at night.  Well established that this is not possible to do.

He gives suggestions on time viewed.  Time is often poorly judged by witnesses.

It happened 40 years ago. The reliability of human memory is affected by events that have happened since the event including reading news of the event, telling the story, talking to other witnesses about the event, etc. 

My guess is that the boys would not have thought much about whatever they saw had they not read the story in the newspaper. Then their story morphed to match whatever they read. That happens a lot. It happens with witnesses all of the time. 

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2020/04/a-new-false-memory-study-suggests-people-cant-tell-whats-real/

In 2015, memory researcher and psychologist Julia Shaw and her co-author published a study on false memories. Over the course of several interviews, they claimed to have convinced a substantial percentage of volunteers into recalling false childhood memories. In one especially frightening experiment, they reported that around 70 per cent of volunteers could be made to recall false memories of having committed a crime as preteens.

The volunteers did not know this “memory” had been invented. The made-up crimes ran from theft to assault to assault with a weapon.

The crimes are not littering or jaywalking or spitting on the sidewalk. They are pretty hefty crimes.

Our memories are malleable and if people can be cajoled into thinking they committed a crime, how easy would it be to turn a sighting into a UFO encounter.

• Like 4

Nothing but helium balloons or maybe Chinese lanterns.  Of course he could be lying about the experience.  Australians are notorious yarn spinners to put it politely. 

The story sounds weak to me. 10 year olds, and they couldn't wake their parents to at least have a look.  they reference the 21 year old farmhand who supposedly called the police, and his story was reported in the local paper. Well where is that story? Let's get a copy.  Maybe I missed it, but is there even proof that the farmhand existed? Or does that story exist and the boys made that story their own and built a false memory. Lights in the sky can play tricks on the eyes, and certainly can play tricks in the imaginations of 10 year old boys.  Find me the local article from 40 years ago, and at least that is something objective, however as I said, it could just be the source of their false memory.  If I saw such a thing, I would have told all my friends.  

On 6/3/2020 at 8:33 AM, Hazzard said:

I dont know about the rest of you, but this is exactly the kind of evidence Iv been waiting for. No additional proof needed. 

We are not alone. :tsu:

Hazz, how are you doing man?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, badeskov said:

Hazz, how are you doing man?

Hey there, old friend, Im glad you are still here. Doing really good, and I hope you are to. Nothing new here as you might have suspected, but I stop by every now and then if I have a couple of minutes...

New faces but the same old UFO guessing game, hardcore believers and CGI bs.

Still not even close to that final Exhibit A Im looking for. :D

Edited by Hazzard

On 6/7/2020 at 3:49 PM, micahc said:

The story sounds weak to me. 10 year olds, and they couldn't wake their parents to at least have a look.  they reference the 21 year old farmhand who supposedly called the police, and his story was reported in the local paper. Well where is that story? Let's get a copy.  Maybe I missed it, but is there even proof that the farmhand existed? Or does that story exist and the boys made that story their own and built a false memory. Lights in the sky can play tricks on the eyes, and certainly can play tricks in the imaginations of 10 year old boys.  Find me the local article from 40 years ago, and at least that is something objective, however as I said, it could just be the source of their false memory.  If I saw such a thing, I would have told all my friends.  

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1338&dat=19800208&id=JaQSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MvkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2484%2C2343414&fbclid=IwAR0mT2cwwVH52Pc3wWyOTDet90jJDAAT3a6J99Nec4I3HhszKhttVbFEswA Here ya go mate. :) Not exactly the local rag but the same alleged story in the same town.

http://files.afu.se/Downloads/Magazines/Australia/UFO Research Australia Newsletter/UFO Research Australia newsletter vol 1 no 1.pdf Relevant from Pg. 5.

Edited by Ironside
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ironside said:

thanks for locating that story.  It seems this AP wire is the only contemporary story out there.  It doesn't shed much light.  Seems within a day the UFO group was there trying to interview the "farm hand".  Unnamed Police wouldn't comment about the damage to the trees.  To me it appears to be a hoax that made it to the AP wire and the guy who claims he and his brother witnessed the lights fighting before the crash in the trees are using this old story to base their claim.  Seems we should find several people from Stirling that either remember the incident personally or people who remember the farm hand or the two brothers talking about it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, micahc said:

thanks for locating that story.  It seems this AP wire is the only contemporary story out there.  It doesn't shed much light.  Seems within a day the UFO group was there trying to interview the "farm hand".  Unnamed Police wouldn't comment about the damage to the trees.  To me it appears to be a hoax that made it to the AP wire and the guy who claims he and his brother witnessed the lights fighting before the crash in the trees are using this old story to base their claim.  Seems we should find several people from Stirling that either remember the incident personally or people who remember the farm hand or the two brothers talking about it.  

Yeah i could try to ring around and talk to the local paper to access their archives, locate some possible witnesses etc.

Your assumption is likely correct, a hoax and some guy bases his story on that. But even if we did find witnesses and further stories it's not going to sway anyones opinion on the matter is it? What would anyone accomplish in doing that? We likely could find more stories on this incident but that'll just add more anecdotes that nobody cares about so I'm not going to bother... :su

I wish something compelling would come out of it but as history shows nothing will. Nothing short of a craft and an alien body on public display is going to change the mind of skeptics. God knows what would change the mind of the ET believers. :rolleyes:

Ironside out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ironside said:

Yeah i could try to ring around and talk to the local paper to access their archives, locate some possible witnesses etc.

Your assumption is likely correct, a hoax and some guy bases his story on that. But even if we did find witnesses and further stories it's not going to sway anyones opinion on the matter is it? What would anyone accomplish in doing that? We likely could find more stories on this incident but that'll just add more anecdotes that nobody cares about so I'm not going to bother... :su

I wish something compelling would come out of it but as history shows nothing will. Nothing short of a craft and an alien body on public display is going to change the mind of skeptics. God knows what would change the mind of the ET believers. :rolleyes:

Ironside out.

You have a point, but what i cant be convinced of is a young man sees what he believes is alien craft crash into a tree and he doesnt check it out and grab a piece, we are likely talking something that would change the world as we know it, that is of course if something alien crashed in a tree.

In the past i have let my OCD get carried away i have researched and investagated interesting cases of paranormal supernatural otherwordly and it sucks, 99% of the time i found bits and pieces that ruined the case for me, you know debunked it so to speak, many cases that sound really cool at first dont survive peeling away years of embellishments.

You are correct for many it will take a body or part depending on the case, because of all the flaws in the human brain stories arent used as evidence and photos are always lacking, blurry out of focus blobs,  a clear pic of a UFO can be identified as a bird plane or superman, so we dont have even one good alien craft picture.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Phil is the news again...

Australian investigator Phil Tindale, who witnessed an “air battle between two UFOs” 40 years ago and is interested in Scottish sightings, explains why he is convinced we are not alone.

The UK Courier article:Link

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I thought we had put the last nail in the coffin of this fairy tale a long time ago?

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tortugabob said:

I thought we had put the last nail in the coffin of this fairy tale a long time ago?

Not until we get a Patented Pappameter Reading.

• Haha 3