Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breatharian yogi Prahlad Jani dies, aged 90

UM-Bot

He Died? Must have been something he ate <joke>  

Well, 90 is a pretty ripe old age. I have looked into this a pretty good amount and think his claims of not eating and drinking are probably true. And I know the hard skeptics will have none of that. And his controversy will go into perpetuity now. 

• Haha 2

RIP.

I still think he was swiping food on the side when no one was watching. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, 90 is a pretty ripe old age. I have looked into this a pretty good amount and think his claims of not eating and drinking are probably true. And I know the hard skeptics will have none of that. And his controversy will go into perpetuity now. 

You don't have to be a hard sceptic to work out that this guy, and others like him, are complete and utter frauds.

Edited by Jaded1
  • Like 9

LOL!

Well, I've listened to talks by Indian Skeptics Sanal Edamaruku and Narendra Nayak about the work they've done exposing charlatan god-men. They had no doubts that people claiming to live on prana or air or anything other than food and water were complete liars.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

All the starving people around the world must be doing pretty well then. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaded1 said:

You don't have to be a hard sceptic to work out that this guy, and others like him, are complete and utter frauds.

I considered the scientifically controlled experiments in my assessment. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peter B said:

LOL!

Well, I've listened to talks by Indian Skeptics Sanal Edamaruku and Narendra Nayak about the work they've done exposing charlatan god-men. They had no doubts that people claiming to live on prana or air or anything other than food and water were complete liars.

OK, but I say you have to listen to more than just professional skeptics to get the full story.  I consider the scientifically controlled experiments done on Jani too for example. 

35 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

All the starving people around the world must be doing pretty well then. 

Not if their starving.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Guess you couldn't be bothered to read the links where Jani refused to allow testing except by another fraud.

I would still like to see strong evidence that he was tested by a team of frauds. As of now, it strikes me as a claim the determined skeptics must make and so that is what they do.

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Not if their starving.

If we do not need food or water, then how would anyone starve? 

How are people starving. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

How are people starving. 

Junk food sunlight and air, no nutritional value.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would still like to see strong evidence that he was tested by a team of frauds. As of now, it strikes me as a claim the determined skeptics must make and so that is what they do.

Again you've got it backwards. Those supporting the case of breatherians need to support those cases. No one has to show every stupid idea to be wrong.

People such as yourself always want to believe till shown to be dead wrong.  Believers have the responsibility to demonstrate their case. Jani refused to allow anyone but one pretend doctor to monitor him and no one else. Unlike real science there was no data sharing or efforts to replicate the work. 

All of the breatherians ever tested by skeptics have been shown to be frauds which is why Jani the fraud never allowed any testing. He knew he'd be easily caught.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

How are people starving. 

Come now, I have never heard anyone say that all can survive as did Jani. The rest need food and water.

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

OK, but I say you have to listen to more than just professional skeptics to get the full story.  I consider the scientifically controlled experiments done on Jani too for example. 

But zero scientific experiments were ever done on Jani. The fraud Jani refused.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Those supporting the case of breatherians need to support those cases.

The Jani case was supported.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

But zero scientific experiments were ever done on Jani. The fraud Jani refused.

You strike me as the type of skeptic that will never call a successful experiment showing something you don't like 'scientific'. The rest of us judge for ourselves.

Trying to find an autopsy report on him. Doubt it'll happen. Would be interesting in regards to stomach contents. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The Jani case was supported.

That's not true. Please try to connect to reality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Again you've got it backwards. Those supporting the case of breatherians need to support those cases. No one has to show every stupid idea to be wrong.

People such as yourself always want to believe till shown to be dead wrong.  Believers have the responsibility to demonstrate their case. Jani refused to allow anyone but one pretend doctor to monitor him and no one else. Unlike real science there was no data sharing or efforts to replicate the work. 

All of the breatherians ever tested by skeptics have been shown to be frauds which is why Jani the fraud never allowed any testing. He knew he'd be easily caught.

He was tested. But gargled with water. Meaning he drank water. As for the breatharian, let them die.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

He was tested. But gargled with water. Meaning he drank water. As for the breatharian, let them die.

He was also allowed to bath in water. Why would he need that?

He was tested by a Dr Shah that never allowed any outsiders observe the testing and miraculously Shah only tests people for superhuman capabilities.

Shah even went to NASA telling them he wanted funds to teach astronauts how to live without food and water.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

He was also allowed to bath in water. Why would he need that?

He was tested by a Dr Shah that never allowed any outsiders observe the testing and miraculously Shah only tests people for superhuman capabilities.

Shah even went to NASA telling them he wanted funds to teach astronauts how to live without food and water.

Which is scam artist tactics.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I considered the scientifically controlled experiments in my assessment. 

I'm not being funny but if you think those experiments were "scientifically controlled" in any way, shape or form you're more gullible than I thought you were.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• The topic was locked