Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protests effectively end quarantine

travelnjones

With the Protests that are happening does the quarantine have any purpose now?  It seems like the governors have give any authority they may have had over to the people.  At this point the health argument is invalid, are we just punishing businesses; a bunch of them mom and pop?  Open the FLGS I need my role playing game fix!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

With the Protests that are happening does the quarantine have any purpose now?  It seems like the governors have give any authority they may have had over to the people.  At this point the health argument is invalid, are we just punishing businesses; a bunch of them mom and pop?  Open the FLGS I need my role playing game fix!

Maybe that is true in your state.  It isn't true in New Mexico or Arizona.

• Like 2

Yup. And the "Democratic" mayors and governors and all those who were literally screaming "I WILL NOT HAVE MY AUTHORITY CHALLENGED!!!" are now cheering them on. 

The whole thing was pure pantomime all along? :hmm:

• Like 4

Wait two weeks and see if there is a spike.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

Yup. And the "Democratic" mayors and governors and all those who were literally screaming "I WILL NOT HAVE MY AUTHORITY CHALLENGED!!!" are now cheering them on. 

The whole thing was pure pantomime all along? :hmm:

No, I don't think so.  Another misrepresentation by the media.  What specific governors are you referencing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think there will be a spike.

Hopefully it hits the thug thieves and destructive vandals more than the protesters.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Hopefully it hits the thug thieves and destructive vandals more than the protesters.

Ditto, you took the words right out of my mouth. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I don't think so.  Another misrepresentation by the media.  What specific governors are you referencing?

How many words of discouragement have you heard from Democratic governors or mayor or whatever? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Montmorency the Dog said:

How many words of discouragement have you heard from Democratic governors or mayor or whatever? 

None, mainly because I only pay attention to what my governor says and she has not said anything discouraging, or political for that matter, she has made announcements about the decisions she and her legislators have made for our safety and for getting the economy back on track.  So, I ask again, who are you referring to, which governors?  Listening to the media interpretations is not the way to get good information

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I very much doubt it, because to stand any realistic chance of catching The Disease you'd have to be in close proximity, breathing the same air as somebody for at least fifteen minutes, And this, obviously, is far more likely to happen if you;re cooped up in close proximity with large numbers of people. The idea that you can catch it by just coming within six feet of another person momentarily is all a scam. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

I very much doubt it, because to stand any realistic chance of catching The Disease you'd have to be in close proximity, breathing the same air as somebody for at least fifteen minutes, And this, obviously, is far more likely to happen if you;re cooped up in close proximity with large numbers of people. The idea that you can catch it by just coming within six feet of another person momentarily is all a scam. 

Nope.   I'm not sure where you got the "fifteen minutes" thing, but it is not right.   

These groups have been very close (shoulder to shoulder) for quite some time.   I'm sure any virus will see an increase.  Flu, cold Corona.    

• Like 4

I think you should protest but there is many different ways you can protest in hitting the Streets is not exactly the smartest way it looks as If  The protesters seem to have completely forgotten that the world pandemendic is still going on. 

Today i watched the news as more than 1000 people protested in Stockholm gatherings with more than 50 is not allowed.

We humans  are *"not the sharpest knife in the drawer" swedish saying. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well Portland is by me.  But seriously if you have the world shut down to contain Covid and then the protests happen what's the point of it.  We are either quarantined or not.  If there isn't a surge in three weeks open immediately.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

We are going to see a significant increase in infections, due to the protesting crowds.
Where ever these people go in the next two weeks, they will spread it further.
In four weeks we will se a new wave of hospitalisations. It will challenge or exceed the capacity of US hospitals.
Death will logically follow and reach a climax mid July. Mark my words.

The protests are needed and justified. But the price will unfortunately be high!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

very much doubt it, because to stand any realistic chance of catching The Disease you'd have to be in close proximity, breathing the same air as somebody for at least fifteen minutes, And this, obviously, is far more likely to happen if you;re cooped up in close proximity with large numbers of people. The idea that you can catch it by just coming within six feet of another person momentarily is all a scam. 

Thatrs a relief, thanks Doc.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Hopefully it wont hit the nurses and health care professionals caring for them. One of my friends (works in NJ hospital) brought home virus. Then her husband tested positive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Agreed.  If there isn't a spike or it isn't of any significance then I'd say the unrest helped to disprove any need for statewide use of mailin balloting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Mark my words.

I'll be glad to do so.  If you are correct I'll be honest enough to remind everyone.  If you are wrong, I'll tell them that as well.  This is 3 June so by say, 20 June, we will know if a wave of infections/hospitalizations in those cities has occurred.

1 minute ago, and then said:

I'll be glad to do so.  If you are correct I'll be honest enough to remind everyone.  If you are wrong, I'll tell them that as well.  This is 3 June so by say, 20 June, we will know if a wave of infections/hospitalizations in those cities has occurred.

No, the hospitalisations won't top until end June / start July.
This virus is nasty, and hides for two weeks. It will reach the elderly/weak later than you expect, because it catches a ride with the young and strong.

Get back to me July 1st.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Get back to me July 1st.

Fair enough, will do :tu:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, and then said:

Agreed.  If there isn't a spike or it isn't of any significance then I'd say the unrest helped to disprove any need for statewide use of mailin balloting.

Thats a great point, so IF and thats a categorical if trump looses 2020 then mail in vote fraud will be off the table as anything to use as fodder he was cheated. 

5 minutes ago, and then said:

Fair enough, will do :tu:

I forgot to say one thing: I hope I'm wrong!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

We are going to see a significant increase in infections, due to the protesting crowds.
Where ever these people go in the next two weeks, they will spread it further.
In four weeks we will se a new wave of hospitalisations. It will challenge or exceed the capacity of US hospitals.
Death will logically follow and reach a climax mid July. Mark my words.

The protests are needed and justified. But the price will unfortunately be high!

Correct, although i hope it's not as bad as you predict, for it not to increase would mean the 100k plus deaths is fake news, yep, about as fake as the holocaust.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Thats a great point, so IF and thats a categorical if trump looses 2020 then mail in vote fraud will be off the table as anything to use as fodder he was cheated. 

That is the only means of significantly cheating in an election, IMO.  Yes, if the election is done in the traditional way, the people will choose and should trust the choice whether they agree or not.  Something, BTW, that the Left chose not to do in 2016.  If America chooses to follow Biden and the Left then so be it.  Just don't expect all the states and counties to OBEY executive orders or even laws that infringe on Constitutional rights.  Those are off the table under ANY administration. 

• Thanks 2