Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protests effectively end quarantine

travelnjones

2 minutes ago, and then said:

That is the only means of significantly cheating in an election, IMO.  Yes, if the election is done in the traditional way, the people will choose and should trust the choice whether they agree or not.  Something, BTW, that the Left chose not to do in 2016.  If America chooses to follow Biden and the Left then so be it.  Just don't expect all the states and counties to OBEY executive orders or even laws that infringe on Constitutional rights.  Those are off the table under ANY administration. 

I truly do not mean this as a poke in fact in a weird obscure way it might could be a compliment,

But, there is no way anyone will convince me that you will accept a 2020 loss by trump,  no matter what, even if trump himself said duncan, i got beat, you wont accept it :D

I haven't heard anything negative about the beach crowds. New Jersey hasn't spiked because of Memorial Day. California says their cases are rising. I have no more problem with my mask and watching how close I get to people than I did before. I don't have a compulsion to touch everything I see. I have soap and water and hand sanitizer. I've been through the worse and as long as I don't hear of any major spikes in my area I'm good.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, and then said:

Just don't expect all the states and counties to OBEY executive orders or even laws that infringe on Constitutional rights.  Those are off the table under ANY administration. 

I would say that is fair enough.

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I've been through the worse and as long as I don't hear of any major spikes in my area I'm good.

Stay safe susieice.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

I haven't heard anything negative about the beach crowds. New Jersey hasn't spiked because of Memorial Day. California says their cases are rising. I have no more problem with my mask and watching how close I get to people than I did before. I don't have a compulsion to touch everything I see. I have soap and water and hand sanitizer. I've been through the worse and as long as I don't hear of any major spikes in my area I'm good.

People going nuts on beaches here, i do wonder if a couple things are taking place, some are not getting badly sick and hot weather slowed it down,

I use my mask around others and keep clean.

Hopefully we will all be okay

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

I very much doubt it, because to stand any realistic chance of catching The Disease you'd have to be in close proximity, breathing the same air as somebody for at least fifteen minutes, And this, obviously, is far more likely to happen if you;re cooped up in close proximity with large numbers of people. The idea that you can catch it by just coming within six feet of another person momentarily is all a scam. 

Good Lord. ANY virus that takes up in the lungs is contagious from six feet genius, Covid exists or shall you offer to take a stroll maksless through the nearest Covid ward? You want to know about Covid? My oncologists face talking about one of his cancer patients with it..its not pretty. None of this is a scam. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Stay safe susieice.

Thanks Tatetopa. If anyplace should skyrocket with cases, it will be New York City. They were by far the worse spot in the country. The protesters there were packed together and they weren't out of the red zone yet. We are just going to yellow now where I am on Friday. I'm ready to get out a little myself now but will still keep using all precautions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well my point was the quarantine is like a ballon that has now been popped.  that is by the nature of any quarantine a gate holding back the viral hordes.  But when the gate has been breeched.  What the point of still having a toil person still sitting at the gate?  It's the masque of the red death now with the virus in with everyone.  If you are two steps away from a person who has attended a protest you have risk.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

Well my point was the quarantine is like a ballon that has now been popped.  that is by the nature of any quarantine a gate holding back the viral hordes.  But when the gate has been breeched.  What the point of still having a toil person still sitting at the gate?  It's the masque of the red death now with the virus in with everyone.  If you are two steps away from a person who has attended a protest you have risk.  

the MSM are not going to want to say anything against the Protesters so I don't think that there's going to be a spike or at least if there is it will be quietly brushed under the carpet...

it will nullify the accusations that Trump is opening up the economy too soon and putting people at risk....?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

I think I said this before, it must depend on where you are because we have not had riots like you intimate are going on "everywhere" so the protests have not ended the quarantine.  Most places were loosening up the rules except for wearing masks in public before the incident that triggered the protests.  Quarantine will still happen for anyone who is tested positive for the virus.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bee said:

the MSM are not going to want to say anything against the Protesters so I don't think that there's going to be a spike or at least if there is it will be quietly brushed under the carpet...

it will nullify the accusations that Trump is opening up the economy too soon and putting people at risk....?

Well sure, most people and experts agree trump blundered in acting too slow in his covid response start and now jumping too quickly to reopen in hopes he can salvage any shread of his 2020 win chances, so sure i agree with you that trump will sweep reports of covid spikes under the carpet, its all about him trying to look good in the eyes of his dwindling few brainwashed worshippers,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Well sure, most people and experts agree trump blundered in acting too slow in his covid response start and now jumping too quickly to reopen in hopes he can salvage any shread of his 2020 win chances, so sure i agree with you that trump will sweep reports of covid spikes under the carpet, its all about him trying to look good in the eyes of his dwindling few brainwashed worshippers,

:rolleyes:

do you EVER stop dishonestly twisting what people say.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Well sure, most people and experts agree trump blundered in acting too slow in his covid response start and now jumping too quickly to reopen

Are you afraid? Then go right ahead and be afraid, but don't try to impose your dictatorship of the fearful on everyone else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Umm.. the decision to re-open rests with individual States, not with the President ? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. the decision to re-open rests with individual States, not with the President ? 

Exactly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Remember how Trump was complaining about how it was China's fault because they gave false/conflicting information?

In this case Trump=China and the individual states=Trump.

Pandemics are a national emergency and the CDC is an federal agency.  Just because Trump gave up/dropped the ball and forced the individual states to try to solve this national problem doesn't mean that he absolved himself of responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, the13bats said:

trump will sweep reports of covid spikes under the carpet

The news does not go through the White House for approval.  The Press is not only independent but openly liberal and anti-Trump.  Any renewed COVID-19 outbreaks will be gleefully reported from every outlet available.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

The news does not go through the White House for approval.  The Press is not only independent but openly liberal and anti-Trump.  Any renewed COVID-19 outbreaks will be gleefully reported from every outlet available.

Some media is openly anti-Trump, others are openly Pro-Trump.  Any time I see someone blame "liberals" for anything it indicates to me that person is polarized and irrational.    The republicans AND democrats are ruining the country TOGETHER.  The "war" is imaginary, used to keep everyone at each other's throats and in fear.

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Some media is openly anti-Trump, others are openly Pro-Trump.  Any time I see someone blame "liberals" for anything it indicates to me that person is polarized and irrational.    The republicans AND democrats are ruining the country TOGETHER.  The "war" is imaginary, used to keep everyone at each other's throats and in fear.

I haven't seen any media that is pro-Trump.  Maybe those stations don't reach Ohio.  I know you didn't mean it that way, but compared to some things I've been called, polarized and irrational is almost a compliment.  Thanks.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I haven't seen any media that is pro-Trump.  Maybe those stations don't reach Ohio.  I know you didn't mean it that way, but compared to some things I've been called, polarized and irrational is almost a compliment.  Thanks.

That's interesting because Fox news is pro-Trump, and based on some of the UK people all they get is pro-trump news, maybe you could ask Bee where she gets her news.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

That's interesting because Fox news is pro-Trump, and based on some of the UK people all they get is pro-trump news, maybe you could ask Bee where she gets her news.

I don't have cable or satellite and the local network affiliates that I receive over the air are all very liberal and one sided.  Honestly, I don't pay attention to much of it besides the weather and a few local happenings.  

Just now, Big Jim said:

I don't have cable or satellite and the local network affiliates that I receive over the air are all very liberal and one sided.  Honestly, I don't pay attention to much of it besides the weather and a few local happenings.  

Well, in my area we have 4 stations on the air, NBC, PBS, ABC, CBS & FOX.  Interestingly, the local CBS station also owns the local FOX station.  :lol:   None of them are balanced, even PBS seems to have an agenda sometimes, but is more balanced than the other 3.  ABC is owned by Disney.  I don't trust any of them. 

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, in my area we have 4 stations on the air, NBC, PBS, ABC, CBS & FOX.  Interestingly, the local CBS station also owns the local FOX station.  :lol:   None of them are balanced, even PBS seems to have an agenda sometimes, but is more balanced than the other 3.  ABC is owned by Disney.  I don't trust any of them. 

You say you have 4 but you list 5.  Maybe you don't pay much attention either.  One of the local affiliates calls themselves Fox, but it's not the same as the cable version of Fox News.  They bill themselves as "all local, all the time" and don't even have a national news show.  I mostly watch the local news on the NBC station because I have a crush on the news lady.  I turn it off when the national news comes on.  I have no idea who owns what and I don't care.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

You say you have 4 but you list 5.  Maybe you don't pay much attention either.  One of the local affiliates calls themselves Fox, but it's not the same as the cable version of Fox News.  They bill themselves as "all local, all the time" and don't even have a national news show.  I mostly watch the local news on the NBC station because I have a crush on the news lady.  I turn it off when the national news comes on.  I have no idea who owns what and I don't care.

Oh, yeah, I threw in the Fox station but they do not have national news.  They just have the same local news that the CBS affiliate has and all the Fox entertainment shows.  I have watched some cable news (I don't have cable either, waste of money if you have internet) and there is no real difference than the local national news shows except that they will air a story ad nauseum that they are invested in.  24 hour news does not add anything to the quality or content of the news we get.

• Like 1

When we were in Ireland every hotel had CNN but not FOX. At home I read the news on the internet. I'm sure a lot of people there do too. Between the internet and cable anyone can get the news from anywhere. I read AU from Australia at least a few times a week.

• Thanks 1