Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

German suspect in 2007 McCann kidnapping

zep73

The police are seeking witnesses, in connection to the 2007 kidnapping of young Madeleine McCann, who might have seen a German man - currently imprisoned - and two cars.
Knowledge about two specific phone numbers are also of interest.

Man: Blonde hair, slim built,180 cm tall, 30 years old (in 2007), German national
Cars: A VW T3 Westfalia campervan & a 1993 British Jaguar, model XJR 6
Phone numbers: +351 912 730 680 & +351 916 510 683

Click link for more detailed descriptions:

http://news.met.police.uk/news/operation-grange-update-and-appeal-403826

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

13 years and 12 million pounds ago.

Rewind to 2007.

Blaming the victims has always been a typical police approach. Often to cover up their own incompetence.
We also saw that with Richard Jewell back in 1996.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I heard Madeleine  contacted in the spirit world after her death. She says her father gave her too much sleep-inducing medication before he went out partying and accidently caused her death.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 19_Kilo said:

Once again, you guys with your paranormal contact claims can bring nothing new to the table that couldn't be found out by purely normal and logical means......

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563090/Madeleine-McCann-died-from-overdose.html

I don't get your point. Why should a paranormal claim not sometimes confirm what some suspected normally?

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I heard Madeleine  contacted in the spirit world after her death. She says her father gave her too much sleep-inducing medication before he went out partying and accidently caused her death.

That's nonsense. Gerry McCann is a doctor, a cardiologist. He would never accidently overdose his own child.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

That's nonsense. Gerry McCann is a doctor, a cardiologist. He would never accidently overdose his own child.

He wanted her to sleep extra long and quietly apparently. He judged its dosage reaction wrong obviously and these things aren't perfectly predictable beyond standard dosage.

40 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Source? 

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

He wanted her to sleep extra long and quietly apparently. He judged its dosage reaction wrong obviously and these things aren't perfectly predictable beyond standard dosage.

You're accusing a father of causing his own child's death. That is beyond low. That is despicable. You are a disgrace to all you stand for.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

Source? 

Channeling Erik. Piney has declared them unconscionable frauds if I recall.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Channeling Erik. Piney has declared them unconscionable frauds if I recall.

Yup. 

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

You're accusing a father of causing his own child's death. That is beyond low. That is despicable. You are a disgrace to all you stand for.

LOL, It wasn't me sci-nerd! 

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

LOL, It wasn't me sci-nerd! 

It was you who stated it. And don't hide behind a ghost. They are transparent.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

It was you who stated it. And don't hide behind a ghost. They are transparent.

I feel the human channels are only being honest with the information they receive. Take it as you will. 

I don't understand how this one missing child garnered so much more importance and so much more money than thousands of other missing children.  If I was one other other parents, my anger and distress would know no bounds

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Piney has declared them unconscionable frauds if I recall.

Who did @Piney call unconscionable frauds?

3 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I don't understand how this one missing child garnered so much more importance and so much more money than thousands of other missing children.  If I was one other other parents, my anger and distress would know no bounds

You are right. But people need symbolic cases to really get behind it. When they see other people joining, it strengthens the case, and the feeling of a common cause.

It's psychology more than anything fair or just.

• Like 1

Just now, sci-nerd said:

A mother and psychic who channel her son. She claims he committed suicide but many of us police type people think she murdered him. 

They "channeled" many famous people but were wrong in many aspects of their lives. They also discuss a lot of disproven outdated Edgar Cayce woocrap. 

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/buyer-beware-my-son-and-the-afterlife.1077/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The people involved in the channeling. I feel rather certain that they are honest and sincere myself.

12 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

My point was that if something is already common knowledge, then any claim that said info was gleaned via paranormal spirit contact is left wanting as far as credibility is concerned.

If the ghostie contact yielded some inside info that was not yet discovered, and then confirmed to be legit later, after the seance or whatever, well, the paranormal validity would be much heightened. Yet, this latter scenario never seems to happen.

Again it seems reasonable to me that a considered possibility would be confirmed. Not seeing the problem. 

Just now, 19_Kilo said:

Oh, there's no problem with the claim that you claim the girl's spirit told about the sleep med OD. It's just that since that CoD was pretty much already determined, your claim is hugely uncompelling. Boring, one might say. No offense.

The purpose of the channeling was to see how Madeleine was adjusting and for ascertaining the truth. If the truth is boring I still want the truth. Can't be that boring if we are still talking about it,

22 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

You may have a point there, papa.  But I woulda been "One and out" on this thread if not for my replies to your questions. LOL 

It’s good I bring the spice. 

I have always found the parents story fishy who leaves your kids in that age alone to go partying and with the Door unlocked. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

You mean "He would never deliberately overdose his own child".

Accidents are accidental!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Perceived 'beauty' has always sold newspapers.

A child of attractive, white, middle-class professionals, Madeleine was a cute girl, with (we can assume) a lifetime of looking pretty ahead of her, who disappeared in an exotic location overseas.

It's a much 'sexier' story than a black boy with goofy teeth and glasses, missing from a working-class housing estate, for example.

Edited by acute
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1