Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump and his second term chances

thedutchiedutch

President Trump and his second term chances  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that because of the way President Trump handled the pandemic and the recent protests will cost him his second term of his presidency ?

• No
    • Yes
    • Maybe

Just now, Tatetopa said:

I would rather say that it is the way our Constitution was intentionally set up to keep some of the colonies in the union than a fraud.

Either way my vote for president certainly doesn't count in this state.  We are overwhelmingly in one party.

• Like 2

Hmm.. some interesting points here. And - of course - the usual rubbish. 

I suspect that the November elections will be influenced by the environment - and events - on the immediate run-up to November. 

I'm not saying that American voters have a short attention span... but.. well... they do :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Naw, it doesn't matter.  For example because of the way the electoral college works, in the last election my vote went to clinton, it didn't matter who I voted for, and because of where I live, in the upcoming election, regardless of how I vote my vote will go to biden.  See, it doesn't matter, it's basically a fraud.  Now for other positions my vote counts for more.  When I vote for a congressman I'm only voting with or against other voters in my state (7 million people), not the whole country.  When you bring it down to the county level my vote counts even more, and if you do not vote at the city level then you have no right to complain at all because that's where your vote actually can make some kind of difference.  But Presidential elections?  Huge unimportant drama filled joke that's main accomplishment is to make one half of the people hate the other half.  I don't care and certainly you, who are thousands of miles away should be oblivious to.  I can only assume you love drama.

I genuinely care. 

My country is so small that everything that goes on in it is extended family matter. So when the US got a foreign asset for a president, who promptly attempted sabotaging NATO, which put additional risk on my part of the world - bizarre but true - that Harkonnen of yours (not yours personally, I mean that yours geographically) suddenly became my personal problem. I spent my youth clawing my way to the West, together with my family. I will not allow anyone to throw our next generations back into the crap from which it took us nearly a century to claw out. 

It's not a theoretical, purely political difference for me.

Also, don't be such a fatalist. I understand fatalism, it saved my sanity (well... yes, yes, I know) in certain situations, but your situation is not of the type that requires fatalism. You can actually influence your politics - if you can choose wisely instead of ethically :D    

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. some interesting points here. And - of course - the usual rubbish. 

I suspect that the November elections will be influenced by the environment - and events - on the immediate run-up to November. 

I'm not saying that American voters have a short attention span... but.. well... they do :D

That's what I consider when I answered this survey.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You can actually influence your politics - if you can choose wisely instead of ethically :D    

And locally I do. 

The president is not elected by us he is chosen by who the democrats and republicans decide to run.  The primaries are a joke, not part of the constitution and therefore run completely by the parties however they want, thus they are a puppet show.  How much luck do you have telling the rich and powerful to run things in your country?

f526bc64dc3c585221e0e295eb53afb4?AccessK

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And locally I do. 

The president is not elected by us he is chosen by who the democrats and republicans decide to run.  The primaries are a joke, not part of the constitution and therefore run completely by the parties however they want, thus they are a puppet show.  How much luck do you have telling the rich and powerful to run things in your country?

f526bc64dc3c585221e0e295eb53afb4?AccessK

Practically speaking, I've been saying two things since Trump ended up in the place of your president: that your military will have to remove him and that your country will have to change that anachronic electoral thing. 

I know, sounds insane. It is insane, but it's increasingly likely. 

Theoretically, it wouldn't make your political system much less controlled by capital, but at least the illusion of choice would be more convincing. 

That's what I hope for, for both you and me - not that we'll live to see honest, truly independent of capital politicians, that would be irrational. I hope for the politicians aware they can't go indefinitely far in their catering to the capital instead of serving the people.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Practically speaking, I've been saying two things since Trump ended up in the place of your president: that your military will have to remove him and that your country will have to change that anachronic electoral thing. 

I know, sounds insane. It is insane, but it's increasingly likely. 

Theoretically, it wouldn't make your political system much less controlled by capital, but at least the illusion of choice would be more convincing. 

That's what I hope for, for both you and me - not that we'll live to see honest, truly independent of capital politicians, that would be irrational. I hope for the politicians aware they can't go indefinitely far in their catering to the capital instead of serving the people.  

The electoral college is the reason that smaller, less influential states remain in the union.  If it was simply mob rules there is too much of a chance they will opt out and the last time anyone opted out more Americans died than at any other time in our history.  Ignore the propaganda that thrills young uneducated Americans, the electoral  college is not ever going away.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

he electoral college is the reason that smaller, less influential states remain in the union.  If it was simply mob rules there is too much of a chance they will opt out and the last time anyone opted out more Americans died than at any other time in our history.  Ignore the propaganda that thrills young uneducated Americans, the electoral  college is not ever going away.

So with the Senate representation of two Senators per state

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The electoral college is the reason that smaller, less influential states remain in the union.  If it was simply mob rules there is too much of a chance they will opt out and the last time anyone opted out more Americans died than at any other time in our history.  Ignore the propaganda that thrills young uneducated Americans, the electoral  college is not ever going away.

I wouldn't be so sure. If this grotesque with Trump ends up the way I think it will, it will initiate some changes in your country's system. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

You answer to the Pap.  The president's boss is supposed to be the people of the USA.

Well, on those grounds no one who believes in God should be President, because we believe we are answerable ultimately to Him. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, on those grounds no one who believes in God should be President, because we believe we are answerable ultimately to Him. 

Separation of church and state, not God and state.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I wouldn't be so sure. If this grotesque with Trump ends up the way I think it will, it will initiate some changes in your country's system. 

• Like 2

We just had our primary in NM.  Unopposed, Trump got 92% of the votes (141k).  In 2016 he got 70% (74k), but if you tally that other 30%, it is still shy of the 141k for 2020, which means that Republicans are coming out this time and this is a state with decidedly more Dems.  There will probably be more in the general.  On the other side, Biden got 73% (169k). that left a whopping 62k voting for other candidates or uncommitted (and I don't think all of the votes have been counted yet).  Trump just needs to pick up roughly a third of that to win.  There are also 15k more dem voters.  Did they come out to vote for Biden or against him?  I suspect that this is the same in all the other states.  I think Trump already has about 10k of about 20k of Dem voters that he needs.  It is going to be determined by going down to the wire.  I'm going to predict that it will be less than 2000 votes to determine it.

The market is already beginning it's recovery.  There will be corrections until the election, but the economy will be strong and we'll start to see jobs coming back in numbers.  And now, in about another week, we will see if covid raises its head.  I suspect that it won't because most of the youth have already built up herd immunity.  That's not to say there will probably be small outbreaks but nothing serious.  This will give the market another shot in the arm, because covid is done.  And then how Trump handled the riots, primarily how he threatened the states with the military, to police their own and declaring Antifa as a terrorist organization, has quelled the violence.  Coupled with his adamant stance for the states to open up, his handling of both the virus and riots, is masterful, considering what was against him.

Then there is the upcoming campaign, conventions, and debates.  Trump will run rings around Biden and people will be voting based on their pocketbook.  But at this point I see Trump winning easily.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Thanks for participating and for the record I voted yes. I think it's over for Trump. "Mad Dog" James Mattis couldn't have said it better. And the church photo op ? Narcissistic self destructive behaviour the least and I cannot believe his advisors did not stop him doing so. Unreal. Anyways that's my two cents.

Trump believes that any sort of press attention is better than none.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump believes that any sort of press attention is better than none.

True but you can fool some people some times but you cant fool all the people all the time. (Bob Marley "Get up, stand up")

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

True but you can fool some people some times but you cant fool all the people all the time. (Bob Marley "Get up, stand up")

It was obvious who he was, long before he even ran for President.

He is now under attack, by my Father in Heaven, along with the nation he leads. Both will now be destroyed. “As surely as the coronal sun, has, already risen in the East, and has now set on the West,” exactly as I warned.

If it takes a massive solar flare, or even an asteroid to finish U.S. off, or any other manner of calamity, it will be made so.

Raptor Witness

6) How will the "sun setting ON the West," be manifested?  

47947918381_b8f95925e8_c.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, 19_Kilo said:

So was JFK. And Obama Hussein's spiritual mentor and pastor was shown to be a racist and a moronic blowhard. And Obama had Muslim roots that people knew about when 911 was a mere 7 years past!

The American people are past caring about the religious preferences of their candidates. Since religion in general is now thought by many to be trivial and spurious across the board.  It carries about as much weight as what the candidate's favorite NFL team is, or what type of music he digs.

I was going to say I respectfully disagree with you here. But then I realised that the conservative white Christians who support Trump do so not because of his religion but because he validates their world view.

Thus, Trump has been hailed as a modern-day Cyrus by a number of conservative Christians.

And Trump signals back to them by standing in front of the Church of the Presidents brandishing a Bible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Separation of church and state, not God and state.

Well, not Anglicans then, the head of their church is the Queen. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

We just had our primary in NM.  Unopposed, Trump got 92% of the votes (141k).  In 2016 he got 70% (74k), but if you tally that other 30%, it is still shy of the 141k for 2020, which means that Republicans are coming out this time and this is a state with decidedly more Dems.  There will probably be more in the general.  On the other side, Biden got 73% (169k). that left a whopping 62k voting for other candidates or uncommitted (and I don't think all of the votes have been counted yet).  Trump just needs to pick up roughly a third of that to win.  There are also 15k more dem voters.  Did they come out to vote for Biden or against him?  I suspect that this is the same in all the other states.  I think Trump already has about 10k of about 20k of Dem voters that he needs.  It is going to be determined by going down to the wire.  I'm going to predict that it will be less than 2000 votes to determine it.

The market is already beginning it's recovery.  There will be corrections until the election, but the economy will be strong and we'll start to see jobs coming back in numbers.  And now, in about another week, we will see if covid raises its head.  I suspect that it won't because most of the youth have already built up herd immunity.  That's not to say there will probably be small outbreaks but nothing serious.  This will give the market another shot in the arm, because covid is done.  And then how Trump handled the riots, primarily how he threatened the states with the military, to police their own and declaring Antifa as a terrorist organization, has quelled the violence.  Coupled with his adamant stance for the states to open up, his handling of both the virus and riots, is masterful, considering what was against him.

Then there is the upcoming campaign, conventions, and debates.  Trump will run rings around Biden and people will be voting based on their pocketbook.  But at this point I see Trump winning easily.

Yes. Especially so if the Dems don't disown the rioters::

"Democrats risk backlash if they don’t condemn rioting

Most Americans are horrified by the videotaped episode of police brutality in Minneapolis. They also reject the notion that violence is the answer to injustice."

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/707162?unlock=LQ60B2WEYHL2ZO2D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

My country is so small that everything that goes on in it is extended family matter. So when the US got a foreign asset for a president, who promptly attempted sabotaging NATO, which put additional risk on my part of the world

Trump increased spending and troop presence towards eastern Europe defense.

Trump provided lethal weapons to Ukraine while Obama did not. 

Edit: for some reason I quoted the link :rofl:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Who's paying for this wall... 

14 hours ago · ... the public Thursday, as workers erected a perimeter of tall metal fencing around the White House complex.

14 hours ago · "If Trump erected more than 3 miles of fence around the White House, it would exceed the length of his new  ...

wall around the white house from www.newsweek.com

23 hours ago · Metal fencing has been installed around the White House complex as protests continue in Washington, part ...

~

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WVK said:

Yes. Especially so if the Dems don't disown the rioters::

"Democrats risk backlash if they don’t condemn rioting

Most Americans are horrified by the videotaped episode of police brutality in Minneapolis. They also reject the notion that violence is the answer to injustice."

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/707162?unlock=LQ60B2WEYHL2ZO2D

This:
"So I was surprised to see Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, fail to make even a pro forma exhortation against rioting in his heartfelt speech Friday when he called for police reforms and racial reconciliation."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if trump know he is going to loss. I'm more afraid what he will do.

even with only 30% supporter , with putin  and GOP support , he can take control and proclaim himself as next president

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, kobolds said:

if trump know he is going to loss. I'm more afraid what he will do.

even with only 30% supporter , with putin  and GOP support , he can take control and proclaim himself as next president

Yeah. And King of Canada to boot ! :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Trump increased spending and troop presence towards eastern Europe defense.

Trump provided lethal weapons to Ukraine while Obama did not. 

Edit: for some reason I quoted the link :rofl:

What goes on despite Trump's sabotaging is certainly not something he should be congratulated for. Besides, I've seen what gleeful pro-Russian crap trumpers were vomiting all over this site too. There's no excusing, lying or spinning that can undo that. Suggesting that Trump is in any way well intended towards Europe in general, Eastern Europe in particular and that he's not in Russian pocket is pure underestimating of the intelligence of the Eastern Europeans. 

He said, loud and clear... well, as clear as he can, in his slurring fashion... that NATO is obsolete. 

No discussion needed after that. 

Ukraine was given lethal weapons under condition they don't use it. But they were also given a role in Trump's brainless attempt at intrigue against Biden, which they didn't want and which only made their already sensitive position even more complicated. During Obama years the US wielded its soft power and it was much more beneficial than symbolic crate of weapons, with a side of complete diplomatic breakdown Trump managed to create. 

In short, even attempting to suggest Trump did anything positive, or at least not totally catastrophic for the Eastern Europe is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked