Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK PM offers refuge to 3 million East Asians

Eldorado

50 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Below is about the most foolish comment I have heard all day, but let me help you out here Huawei, supplies the 5G for South Korea and Japan, check things out before you post comments like those bolded below::td:

It now seems that 5G Huawei is likely to be cancelled as the UK seeks partnership with S.Korea or Japanese company to supply 5G.

Peace

once again you rush headlong correcting an error that didn't exist.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, freetoroam said:

We have not got the space and we have not got the jobs.

It would be madness.

People will not be happy, many have lost their jobs due to the covid pandemic, the last thing this country needs is an influx of people from Asia, or anywhere for that matter.

Fortunately that's not the way a capitalistic system works.  This is not a zero sum proposition in which your slice of an imaginary pie gets smaller.  You haven't got the jobs, wait until some innovative people from Hong Kong move over, based on my experience with Asian refugees they will help create more jobs and their labor will boost your efficiency?   Your farmers are worried about the loss of east European field hands due to brexit, problem solved.  These people are not a threat to you.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but these front line "refugees" are fleeing the law fugitives and corrupt officials. 

Ridiculous.  The corrupt officials are on the mainland.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I cannot see all 3 million wanting to come and I doubt those who do decide to relocate would all turn up in the next few months.

Those who will consider moving are likely to be those that are more economically mobile, ie relatively wealthy, educated and experienced. They will be the top tier of the productive class in Honk Kong, responsible for a disproportionately large percentage of the wealth generated in the region.

This is why China is so upset about the offer by the UK.

For the UK it would be a once in a generation chance to steal a high quality, wealthy and productive set of individuals and plug them into the UK economy. 

As you rightly point out those likely to come.

I think its the right move by the UK govt to offer extending visa status and at the end the right to remain. the cultural and historic links between the UK and Hong Kong is well understood. We should welcome those citizens that don't want to live under communist rule. i think the UK will attract people right across the spectrum. from Hong Kong's financial services right through to the families of the laundrymen who work aboard Royal Navy ships.

ultimately the region is now under Chinese control. it was always going to happen China moving on HK. we knew they'd break the treaty signed in 1997. next on the list will be Taiwan.

The slow drift to war in Asia is underway. Chinese defence spending increased last week. now stands at 6.6% GDP. two aircraft carriers. and multiple warships being launched quarterly.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

ultimately the region is now under Chinese control. it was always going to happen China moving on HK. we knew they'd break the treaty signed in 1997. next on the list will be Taiwan.

China has been more aggressive with their warships towards Taiwan lately and their language in their speeches have been more aggressive. I fear for Taiwan.

China also started being more aggressive in the south China Sea, taking off shore reasources from nation's like Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. 

And they have moved troops to the India border. They are probably going to take that strip of land that they dispute all the time.

China has became more blatantly aggressive. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

China has been more aggressive with their warships towards Taiwan lately and their language in their speeches have been more aggressive. I fear for Taiwan.

China also started being more aggressive in the south China Sea, taking off shore reasources from nation's like Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. 

And they have moved troops to the India border. They are probably going to take that strip of land that they dispute all the time.

China has became more blatantly aggressive. 

The U.S was ensuring freedom of Navigation in the region. when the chinese virus put U.S carriers in port. The first response to the withdrawal was for the PLAN to sail South of Taiwan. in large numbers there was serious rumblings of invasion. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Can you "breathe" ?

~

Pretty well.  I've been doing a lot of stairs and walking at least five miles a day.  Thanks for asking.  How about you?  I'm sure you get plenty of exercise walking the dogs.

• Haha 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Pretty well.  I've been doing a lot of stairs and walking at least five miles a day.  Thanks for asking.  How about you?  I'm sure you get plenty of exercise walking the dogs.

Pretty good, just like in Hong Kong where we don't have the leader of the nation threatening to use the military to kill civilians on shoot to kill commands. 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, third_eye said:

Pretty good, just like in Hong Kong where we don't have the leader of the nation threatening to use the military to kill civilians on shoot to kill commands. 

~

And if he was you could just vote him out of office :nw:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, OverSword said:

And if he was you could just vote him out of office :nw:

None the need to because there's no need to... Don't do their job right, they don't get the job. 

Breathe... While you can... 

~

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, third_eye said:

None the need to because there's no need to... Don't do their job right, they don't get the job. 

Breathe... While you can... 

~

If you cared about African American civil rights then you would also care about the civil rights of the HongKongers. Who have had endless complaints of police brutality. And who simply want to be able to elect their leaders and decide their own laws. 

But sadly you ONLY care about never  criticizing the Chinese government. 

It's sad :(

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

Just now, spartan max2 said:

If you cared about African American civil rights then you would also care about the civil rights of the HongKongers. Who have had endless complaints of police brutality. And who simply want to be able to elect their leaders and decide their own laws. 

But sadly you ONLY care about never critizing the Chinese government. 

They haven't threatened to kill civilians with the military... 

Furthermore, those traitors in Hong Kong are guilty of treason, you'll never understand. 

~

Just now, spartan max2 said:

It's sad :(

Like I said above, crocodile tears... 

You don't even care when it's your fellow Americans that is being oppressed... 

Weep for them instead... 

~

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, third_eye said:

By that I assume you mean if they can't have the opposition or their families killed or sent to a camp.  Then of course they can do wonderful things like pass legislation that states everything they say is the truth.  Sounds like trumps kind of place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Furthermore, those traitors in Hong Kong are guilty of treason, you'll never understand. 

~

Weep for them instead... 

~

I have helped clean up my city after the protest for my fellow Americans.

Me and some others are going to protest this Saturday for my fellow Americans.

Meanwhile you call Hongkongers traitors and Cockroaches (he openly calls them this in past threads for those confused).

Do not talk to me. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Meanwhile you call Hongkongers traitors and Cockroaches (he openly calls them this in past threads for those confused).

I've seen that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

once again you rush headlong correcting an error that didn't exist.

They were  your words and they were completely wrong, nothing new about that though!!!!:whistle:Like I said how can the UK stop using 5K from  China and then make a deal with South Korea and Japan to use their 5K services when they are also supplied by the same company from China that the UK was already using. Sounds kinda redundant to be me, but maybe your Government is also clueless that the services they are seeking come from the same source they no longer wish to use!!!!!:tu:  

Peace like 

Edited by Manwon Lender

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Trump should a hundred percent follow suite. Since he signed off on the other Hong Kong bills it would only be right .

But sadly I don't know if he will. 

Also from my expierence UM is never very indicative of public opinion.

I totally agree with you Spartan, public opinion is not reflected here very often, and yes trump should offer a similar deal, then he could use the People as Human Shields for further protection around the Border Wall he is building in Washington DC!!!!!!!!!:D

Peace Spartan

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

Weep for them instead... 

~

@third_eye  My Brother what I find amazing is the fact that the posters in this thread really have no idea what is really going on in Hong Kong, and when someone who understands the Political situation and it's implications like you do try to explain it, no wants to listen,  they would rather get distorted news from their sources, now that is SAD!!!!!!:(

Peace my Brother

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

@third_eye  My Brother what I find amazing is the fact that the posters in this thread really have no idea what is really going on in Hong Kong, and when someone who understands the Political situation and it's implications like you do try to explain it, no wants to listen,  they would rather get distorted news from their sources, now that is SAD!!!!!!:(

Peace my Brother

There's plenty of video interviews with the protesters themselves, no need for distorted views from news services.

None of the Chinese nationals who oppose the protests in Hong Kong know what the 5 demands are/were. They just endlessly repeat "One China" as if that is a solution to people who want to live under a democratic government.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

By that I assume you mean if they can't have the opposition or their families killed or sent to a camp.  Then of course they can do wonderful things like pass legislation that states everything they say is the truth.

No, the truth is that the reality of China is too painfully bitter to your MAGA prude. 

~

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Sounds like trumps kind of place.

If it's any consolation to you, I can tell you truthfully those that you call "American haters" is praying very very hard to their chosen divine deity that Trump is reelected. 

~

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I have helped clean up my city after the protest for my fellow Americans.

Good for you, what do you want? A letter of recommendation from the Trump or the CCP? 

~

Me and some others are going to protest this Saturday for my fellow Americans.

So? It's your choice, your country, your laws. Just a heads up, don't get yourself mistaken for one of the "jerks" they're saying Trump wants to let out the vicious dogs now. 

~

reuters_hong_kong_protest_08Sept19.jpg?i

~

Do not talk to me. 

Sure, I'll whispher nicely next time, you want me to take out the dogs too? 

~

12 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

None of the Chinese nationals who oppose the protests in Hong Kong know what the 5 demands are/were. They just endlessly repeat "One China" as if that is a solution to people who want to live under a democratic government.

You mean like when they were under Britannia? 

download-8.jpeg?resize=590,784

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace my Brother

Yes.  This is very sad.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace my Brother

Yes, I'm sure the Hongkongers I spoke with do not really know what is going on in Hong Kong lol

I'm sure my dad who did business in Hong Kong most his life does not really understand Hong Kong.

I'm sure my brother in air force intellegence does not really know what is going on in Hong Kong.

I'm sure my modern Chinese history professor in college did not really understand Hong Kong.

But YOU and Third Eye, you guys  are the enlightened, the ones who truly know what is going on in Hong Kong :innocent: lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yes, I'm sure the Hongkongers I spoke with do not really know what is going on in Hong Kong lol

I'm sure my dad who did business in Hong Kong most his life does not really understand Hong Kong.

I'm sure my brother in air force intellegence does not really know what is going on in Hong Kong.

I'm sure my modern Chinese history professor in college did not really understand Hong Kong.

But YOU and Third Eye, you guys  are the enlightened, the ones who truly know what is going on in Hong Kong :innocent: lol.

So are you saying your brother is sharing Intelligents  data with you?:unsure2: That's not good, you should be careful what you post online, you never know who's reading it, and I mean this seriously!!:unsure2:

I am certainly not enlightened concerning China, but I will listen to first hand information more that second hand comments that may have been confused. So please relax and pay attention your comments, you could cause your Brother some serious problems by saying what you have said above, don't allow your anger to control your thoughts it just isn't health at all.:yes:

Peace Spartan and take my advise on what I have stated above.

52 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes.  This is very sad.

Well we agree on something at least, thanks for the back up.:)

Peace

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Not "enlightened" enough like you apparently , just informed... 

The U.S. government is selling its Hong Kong consulate staff quarters, estimated to be worth more than $400 million, amid rising tension over the city's future. The compound is located in Shouson Hill, on the southern side of Hong Kong Island, where some of the city's richest tycoons, including Li Ka-Shing, own houses.5 days ago

~

:lol:

~