Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Poltergeist' movie curse endures 38 years on

UM-Bot

Curses are things I would have scoffed at years ago. I now believe the non-physical dimensions/realms/planes of reality are sophisticated beyond our ability to get our heads around. I now believe there is something real to many things I would have once scoff at.

@XenoFish

I think these cursed horror movies are Chaos Majick in stealth mode. The attitudes of the cast and crew literally create the curse. 

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

@XenoFish

I think these cursed horror movies are Chaos Majick in stealth mode. The attitudes of the cast and crew literally create the curse. 

Much like the spooky 'aura' around anything. People think its cursed and create the effect of the curse.

• Thanks 2

I thought the poltergeist curse was debunked long ago, i saw one actor from the first film making fun of it, all movies have issues and horror movies are the ones "problems" are called "curses".

Seems though the only people who have issues with curses are the superstitious who believe in it.

• Like 1

The most tragic death of all relating to the series however was that of its young protagonist, Heather O'Rourke, who died unexpectedly of septic shock following the release of the third film.

@UM-Bot this is not a very tasteful comment, comparing how tragic deaths are.
Dominique Dunne being strangled to death by her boyfriend is kinda tragic, no?

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Timothy said:

The most tragic death of all relating to the series however was that of its young protagonist, Heather O'Rourke, who died unexpectedly of septic shock following the release of the third film.

And the actor who played kane, knew he was deaths door with terminal cancer yet insisted the show goes on,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Timothy said:

I mean what did she do?....no bad joke ...your right though maybe a better choosing of words like "the most unexpected death".

• Like 1

The only reason this curse exists is because people have wild imaginations.  It is very unfortunate that lives were lost, one in a very senseless heartbreaking act but it certainly does not mean there was a curse surrounding the movie.  Curses are not real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1