Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Norway landslide sweeps homes into the sea

Still Waters

Eight homes have been swept into the sea following a powerful landslide in the Norwegian town of Alta.

As drones flew overhead to capture the damage - land continued to collapse, however officials don't believe anyone is missing from the disaster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-52920766/norway-landslide-buildings-swept-away-in-alta-disaster

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

freetoroam

Well they were pretty close to the edge. We have seen this a few times here too, that beautiful sea view can come at a price, do not be building on the sea edge if you want to leave your home as part of the inheritance for your children......unless you do not like them, thens its an ideal place if you can live it out.

• Like 1

quiXilver

So amazing no one was harmed. 

The one dog swept out with it was recovered...

Utterly bizarre to see a whole slab of earth slide along a mud slurry and skid into the ocean like that!

• Like 1

David Thomson

Notice how each house remains whole throughout the strong forces of the water. These house were well built. Very few houses in the USA are built this well.

• Like 2

Jon the frog

I don't thing the neighbors will stay in there... 

• Like 1

glorybebe

I can't believe the dog was saved.  I really, really hope they are right and no one got caught in it.

• Like 1

Susanc241

We need this chap on UFO watch. Great bit of steady 'landscape' recording, from what I assume is a phone (as he only just got out in time).

Amazing event. Lucky no-one was killed or injured.

Passing through

Amazing footage, glad about the dog being rescued and no fatalities. was expecting the mountainside to slip not a flat slab as someone else pointed out.

Torviking

I�ll bet this is due to deforestation further up the high ground, I have seen this before on my visits to Norway, especially along the country roads after a heavy snowfall and it starts to melt.