Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Newly colorized photograph of Charles Dickens

Still Waters

A head of the 150th anniversary of Charles Dickens’ death, the London museum that bears his name has released the first in a set of eight newly colorized photographs of the Victorian author.

Per a statement, the photographs will serve as the grand finale of a planned exhibition titled “Technicolor Dickens: The Living Image of Charles Dickens.” The show—featuring photographs, artwork, clothing, personal items and other artifacts—will debut once the English capital’s museums, which are currently closed amid the novel coronavirus pandemic, are allowed to reopen.

In the newly released image, the 47-year-old writer sports a navy jacket over a green, yellow and blue tartan waistcoast. His black bow tie, worn with a simple white shirt, peeks out beneath his dark, bushy beard. Dickens finishes off the outfit with a pair of tan trousers.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/colorized-photos-charles-dickens-dickens-museum-london-180975043/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52894210

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There's a few more out there that's doing great stuff with the archives... 

Colouring The Past. 72K likes. Adding colour to some of the greatest moments in music history

~

coloring old photographs from www.smithsonianmag.com

22 May 2017 · The software combines human input and a sophisticated neural network to make historical images pop. Einstein Color.

~

[00.05:08]

~

I love it, in fact I spend most of my time these days watching old archive film reels in stunning new color... 

~

• Thanks 1