Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thousands turn out for UK anti-racism protest

itsnotoutthere

5 hours ago, and then said:

This is why, when we hear of Social Media bosses promising to move a few million votes this November, a wise person pays attention.  Awesome video, Bee!

yes I agree - that's why the 2020 election isn't a done deal for Trump... the MSM in cahoots with Social Media will try every trick in the book to move votes away from him - without compunction or any sense of what's fair - 

If we reflect how Brexit went, though, and if American voters follow the same pattern... Trump might pull off a second term..

leading up to the referendum vote the MSM and Social Media were going all out to try and sway the voters to chose to Remain.. it was pounded into us day after day,,, on all levels and we even had the brutal murder of Remain MP Jo Cox just days before the vote... I personally was / am very suspicious of the timing of that horrible murder - but anyway better not digress onto that...

somehow all the attempts at Mind Control were to no avail and the Leave vote won... then we had parliamentary chaos until the public had the opportunity to get it all back on track and in Dec 2019 gave Johnson and the Tory Party an 80 seat majority... to Get Brexit Done...

what I'm getting round to saying :) ... is that the same pattern MIGHT repeat itself in America where the majority of the public defy all the Brain Washing and follow up in defiance of the never ending pressure to drop Trump... and even those who are a bit skeptical could give Trump longer to do what he was voted in to do.... aka Make America Great Again...

we'll see how it all pans out...

• Like 4

On 6/8/2020 at 5:59 AM, and then said:

Of course not.  The primary determinant is the choices they make.  In the U.S., there is a direct correlation between education and crime.  Those young men who are growing up in inner city neighborhoods have no access to decent education because the Dems have controlled the unions for decades and teachers need not be skilled at all to keep their jobs until THEY choose to leave.  It's a trap and it brings huge problems to the black demographic.

So the primary determinant is the choices people make.

Then you go on to say a major factor is where you grow up.

Not that I can remember, but I don't think anyone consulted me on where I wanted to be born...

1 hour ago, bee said:

yes I agree - that's why the 2020 election isn't a done deal for Trump... the MSM in cahoots with Social Media will try every trick in the book to move votes away from him - without compunction or any sense of what's fair - 

True, but i think the riots have guaranteed Trumps next term in office.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

you could be right - everything else they have done to try to topple him has back fired....  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

MSM are out of touch with the people, all these stories they push appeal to a minority. the silent majority look on, and wait for their perfect moment. Trump guaranteed to be elected for a second term. - and then we'll have outrage, how could it possibly happen. AGAIN. - MSM and minority fill their own echo chambers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If Trump does something about the corrupt police and makes all police wear cameras, he will have done a lot more than others before him.

What is happening today is not down to Trump, how it is dealt with, will be.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, and then said:

Because it isn't the Republicans who give blind support to Teacher's unions.  Every attempt at accountability and removal of teachers in failing systems has been rejected by the Left.  Sometimes, it really IS just one Party that is destroying things.  If it isn't clear to you which party that is, have a look at those calling to defund or abolish law enforcement.  These people have gone from fringe nuttery to outright insanity.  Frankly, I hope Minneapolis DOES significantly hamstring law enforcement for the rest of the nation to see which party represents law and order.  

Law and order. We have to lay down the law and create order or else. These days are over my friend and your fellow country men are screaming for a different approach. I smell a big democratic victory and change is gonna come. If you cannot see the damage your favourite president is doing to your country you are truly blind. He had such a big opportunity to show true leadership and to unite the country but instead now he his talking about conspiracies again about a 75 year old protester and slimy coward Mitch "weasel" McConnell avoids all comments as well as his other fellow coward republicans, except for Mitt Romney, he is the only republican with some balls. Your party is dividing and destroying your country and yet you have to blame the democrats again. Very sad.    

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

This may well be true, especially if this insane movement by the Left toward defunding the police in major cities gains any traction.  One thing I'm certain of is that if he is re-elected we will see the same kind of insanity in major cities.  Hopefully it won't bring bloodshed on a large scale but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. :(  The Prog movement will stop at nothing, apparently.  They're like spoiled children throwing tantrums to get their way and they may well meet up with their opposite number this time.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, freetoroam said:

If Trump does something about the corrupt police and makes all police wear cameras, he will have done a lot more than others before him.

that's true - but everything he does or says is so horribly twisted and negatively spun by the Media and detractors, it's hard to get a clear picture - and I think the individual states have responsibility as well... the governors and mayors... etc...

if they don't (won't) work with the President it all gets a bit more complicated....?

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Your party is dividing and destroying your country and yet you have to blame the democrats again. Very sad.    

I'd say that it is all the people who refused to accept and co operate with the results of the last Presidential Election are the ones dividing and destroying the country...

if the losers of an election don't accept a democratically decided decision and continually undermine it and go against it - then you are going to have a divided nation...

a certain level of protest and opposition is an integral part of modern Western politics - but what we have seen over the last 4 years is above and beyond what is healthy for a democracy or democratic republic..

IMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, bee said:

I'd say that it is all the people who refused to accept and co operate with the results of the last Presidential Election are the ones dividing and destroying the country...

if the losers of an election don't accept a democratically decided decision and continually undermine it and go against it - then you are going to have a divided nation...

a certain level of protest and opposition is an integral part of modern Western politics - but what we have seen over the last 4 years is above and beyond what is healthy for a democracy or democratic republic..

IMO

Yes, democracy doesn't work without 'losers consent' we have the same situation in the UK a small number of people making a lot of noise that the media would have you believe is the majority, your average none political American would see an hardened criminal (St George) killed by a bad cop for what it is, they've seen four good cops murdered with no state funeral or media concern. 

• Like 3

companies much like Govs and public institutions are terrified for being labelled racist. Historic figures, empty plinths, commence the burning of books.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

PG and Yorkshire Tea tell Black Lives Matter critics 'don't buy our tea'

Consider it done, i'll not buy them again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52978990

They are owned by Unilever, that is a far left-wing food manufacturer with a heavy union presence.

I remember about 12 years ago them printing advertisements in my local paper trying to influence the local population here not to vote for the BNP in the euro-elections. Yet, several million of us did resulting in them getting 2 EU MPs elected. We wanted out of the EU, we wanted to send them someone who would do their heads in, and we sure did!!! It was funny.

I remember reading that disgusting advertisement which made it clear to me that not only do the left have no respect for democracy (they were subverting it on the EU and mass immigration), not only are the unions and Labour Party allowed to get around election expense limits by having props like Unilever place advertisements, but the shear audacity to talk down to people in that advert like if they dont agree with who they determine is appropriate to vote for then we are racists.

It made me smile ticking that box on my ballet paper. Two fingers up to Unilever, to the EU, and their red comrades!!! I have never drunken their tea, and never will, not after that, let alone the current reply of theirs.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2020 at 3:54 AM, freetoroam said:

The Minneapolis Police Department has required officers to turn on the cameras when they are within two blocks of a scene.

Compliance went from 90 per cent in February 2019 to 95 per cent in August 2019.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/body-camera-compliance-for-minneapolis-police-officers-hits-95-percent/

It's really difficult to get to the government sites atm with the human verifiers.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The Minneapolis Police Department has required officers to turn on the cameras when they are within two blocks of a scene.

Compliance went from 90 per cent in February 2019 to 95 per cent in August 2019.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/body-camera-compliance-for-minneapolis-police-officers-hits-95-percent/

It's really difficult to get to the government sites atm with the human verifiers.

95% is not enough, it should be 100%.

It only takes one officer to keep his camera off and all hell breaks loose. 

Maybe all patrols should be overseen by a "drone" observer unit managed by an organization independent of the Police Force. 

Those tiny cute ones like those bots we see in the movies. 

Those tiny drones exists and are now recording in HD on the fly... When 5G rolls around, at even higher resolution from a greater distance. 

I know what you're thinking.... "SKYNET"

No, it's not SKYNET , it's just that natural evolution of Crime Prevention Desperation Directives 

The human mind hasn't gone stupid enough to try thinking about SKYNET, not yet anyway... 

~

Edited by third_eye
Stoopid android predictive text

On 6/7/2020 at 7:38 AM, hetrodoxly said:

Just seen the Guardian on Youtube are spinning it as 'police charge down protesters.

Yup, it's looking out of control by the MSM perspective.  I can only say I'm extremely disgusted with how some people are carrying on.  They should be ashamed of themselves as their conduct speaks volumes.  It's not going to achieve what they want.  I feel more sorry for those poor horses to be honest.   How would you be trying to go to work to do your job as a legit Police Office in this climate?  I'd be scared out of my wits.  

• Like 2

On 6/11/2020 at 9:54 PM, freetoroam said:

95% is not enough, it should be 100%.

It only takes one officer to keep his camera off and all hell breaks loose. 

Well, the complement of that 95 per cent are disciplined.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Yup, it's looking out of control by the MSM perspective.  I can only say I'm extremely disgusted with how some people are carrying on.  They should be ashamed of themselves as their conduct speaks volumes.  It's not going to achieve what they want.  I feel more sorry for those poor horses to be honest.   How would you be trying to go to work to do your job as a legit Police Office in this climate?  I'd be scared out of my wits.  

a mate in our club is a Police officer, he said the way you deal with it is keep out the way, stay safe, get paid and make sure you retire with a full pension.

• Like 1

You've got to love the French police, "the Government will not stop us chocking people, it's our right"

French police protest against chokehold ban.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Why are they even rioting here and in France too?

This is a US problem.

They were shut down fast by the Supreme Court here in Australia.  I suspect they'd have been arrested or forcefully removed from the streets somehow if they'd have gone ahead with it?  I really don't know.  But I began to think a lot of people just jumped on the bandwagon.  Some with not so good intentions (ie. mob mentality escalating into looting and property damage) and others with legitimate intentions of peaceful protests.  I wonder where the funds will come from to repair all of this damaged property. 

There is good hope. A picture is worth a thousand words. Black lives matter protester carries suspected far right protester to safety. 
Link to full article and source here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/14/black-lives-matter-hero-grandfather-said-just-did-had-do/

TELEMMGLPICT000233027099_1_trans_NvBQzQN