Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are there ancient pyramids in Antarctica ?

UM-Bot

Ancient Aliens is a joke.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

114600972_mat1.jpg.83546acef71db12aa39ddee54a60ddda.jpgT

The Matterhorn and not an Ancient Alien in sight...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I suspect they don�t look like pyramids from another perspective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

It is not my fault most white guys are incredulous at smacking stones with blunt objects then stacking them in a stable pile. Let them continue with things they find comprehensible like guns, germs, and steel.

Allow other cultures to continue with the tradition of utilizing a recyclable resource into complex structures that baffle caucasians. 

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All this sensationalistic speculation could have been avoided, if one simple fact were learned, or remembered. Appearances can be deceiving, and are not, by themselves, a sufficient basis for extravagant claims. A mountain could look roughly like a pyramid, especially from a limited perspective, or certain angles, without actually being one.

If an intriguingly regular-looking  pyramidal mound is found, all that is necessary to prove it to be an artificial structure is on- site examination. If enough of the structure remains, to give the impression of a pyramid, there would undoubtedly be other, confirming signs of artificiality.

This is certainly how a number of real, but semi-obscured pyramids were confirmed to exist. On-site inspection would be logistically difficult in parts of Antartica, to be sure. But what of the one alleged to exist in the vicinity of Los Angeles? We're merely shown a picture, very briefly. We are given no hint that any exploratory investigation was made, nor any geological  context considered. 

Having said all that, there is nothing impossible in the idea that extraterrestrial visitors could have left a pyramidal marker on Earth, or elsewhere, to reveal to us that they'd been here. If I recall correctly, that was the basis of  Sir Arthur C. Clarke's story 'The Sentinel', about an extraterrestrial pyramid marker found on the Moon. That story, I believe, served as a basis for the motion picture '2001, A Space Odyssey'  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, bison said:

If an intriguingly regular-looking  pyramidal mound is found, all that is necessary to prove it to be an artificial structure is on- site examination. If enough of the structure remains, to give the impression of a pyramid, there would undoubtedly be other, confirming signs of artificiality.

I investigated a conical mound which was thought to be Adena. It turned out to be a possible extinct volcano under 800 feet of glacial flooding deposits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Something that a lot of pyramids have in common across the world is that they stand out as unmistakable landmarks near or surrounded by cultural centers.  They are mostly built on terrain that is flat and tends to showcase their greatness.  From the top of the pyramid in Chitzen Itza, you can see the top of at least one other pyramid in a Maya city that was miles away.   They were statements of power.  

Building a pyramid in a mountain range as has been claimed for Antarctica and Bosnia seems a little counterproductive if you are trying to make an impression.   They blend in too much.

Even with our current technology we don't require pyramidal beacons to navigate around the earth.  All pyramids were not built at the same time, they span a couple of thousand years anyway.  It would be hard to argue they formed a globe spanning network .

We have satellites for GPS location.  Satellites are cheap, easy to build and faster to activate than a pyramid.  If an alien race cannot do that, it is doubtful they would have the technology to make it to earth.  Same with power generation, the sun is up there and free to use, whether you are an earther or an alien. 

• Like 5

“On many occasions the curious atmospheric effects enchanted me vastly; these including a strikingly vivid mirage - the first I had ever seen - in which distant bergs became the battlements of unimaginable cosmic castles.”

“Here, on a hellishly ancient table-land fully twenty thousand feet high, and in a climate deadly to habitation since a pre-human age not less than five hundred thousand years ago, there stretched nearly to the vision’s limit a tangle of orderly stone which only the desperation of mental self-defense could possibly attribute to any but a conscious and artificial cause”

Lovecraft, At the Mountsins of Maddness.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maybe It is Magnetic Power Grid. Someone said Earth is jail

Edited by Great Old Man

I heard that the Book "Airl Interview"

Edited by Great Old Man

56 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Maybe It is Magnetic Power Grid. Someone said Earth is jail

Maybe it’s maybelene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's just only in Canada that they legalized marijuana or it's everywhere ? They have smoked good stuff to get to this point...

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, yes: no doubt these people are using the work of noted actual scientist H P Lovecraft. 

Fortunately, his shockingly offensive racial views mirror most alt-history phringers quite nicely. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly thought that it was common knowledge. Everything presented on Ancient Aliens is fiction, and most of it not even very well done.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gaden said:

I honestly thought that it was common knowledge. Everything presented on Ancient Aliens is fiction, and most of it not even very well done.

This forum, in many ways, is a testimony to humanity’s amazing ability to believe utter bull**** in total despite of common sense. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

This forum, in many ways, is a testimony to humanity’s amazing ability to believe utter bull**** in total despite of common sense. 

—Jaylemurph 

Oh, yes it's definitely a microcosm of mankind's gullibility.

• Like 3

On 6/9/2020 at 3:15 PM, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

I know, right? Look at the adherence to mainstream Academic dogma that has preserved through the barrage of "out of the box" thinkers who have provided alternative solutions the current paradigm. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

On 6/9/2020 at 2:56 PM, Gaden said:

I disagree, whomever collates the video footage they use of sites is a cinematic genius. Especially compared to documentaries published by mainstrean academic institutions. 

Maybe if the best academic minds gave ancient aliens cinematic editor a rough narrative to compile visuals from and then refined the narration of the footage to accurately convey their message (preferable using Morgan Freeman as narrator, I like his voice) such offering would garner ab audience as large as ancient aliens. 

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2020 at 8:56 AM, Jarocal said:

I disagree, whomever collates the video footage they use of sites is a cinematic genius. Especially compared to documentaries published by mainstrean academic institutions. 

Maybe if the best academic minds gave ancient aliens cinematic editor a rough narrative to compile visuals from and then refined the narration of the footage to accurately convey their message (preferable using Morgan Freeman as narrator, I like his voice) such offering would garner ab audience as large as ancient aliens. 

I wouldn't go that far as to tag a bunch of wishful thinkers as "genius's" but it does draw attention to an otherwise neglected part of the planet. Let people dream i say. You did mention ancient aliens. Couldn't sleep the other night and saw the back end of an Ancient Aliens episode on UFO's. Specifically a particular sighting in Israel on the temple mount. Man i gotta tell ya what ever it was it wasn't a figment of someones imagination. Sorry i know its off subject but lLet me know what you think. 

Edited by Captain Risky

On 6/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, Jarocal said:

The fringe and fantasy folks making it do if for money, the mainstream do it mainly to provide information.

34 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

The fringe and fantasy folks making it do if for money, the mainstream do it mainly to provide information.

Having spent the retail price for works by such academic authors as Denevan, and Lehner, someone, if not the author is doing it for money. Eric Cline's book 1177 which was intended for general public consumption rather than a  more technical academic application was 1/5 the price of acquisition of the latest version of Denevan's book on Andean agriculture. 

I am a fan of open source, where applicable. I have no issue with an academic institution profiting from their research investments. I don't mind spending $100 for a book I may find to be a valuable rlearning or reference resource.

But I do find it odd that Eric Cline and Scott Mann can afford to have an extensive catalogue of those more costly resources and pen a better narrative available at a far lower cost that portrays an eerily similar picture to what had been published academically. 

Accurately portraying Mainstream academic views to the general public via a better narrative such as occurred with Cline's book 1177, could go a long way in not only better educating the general public, but increase the institutions bottom line affordinind more economic resources to furthe pursue research endeavours. 

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked