Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are there ancient pyramids in Antarctica ?


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I constantly get a kick outta your posts. but in this instance Im merely the messenger not claiming anything other than providing some long overdue facts. The Piri Preis map was drawn up using captured maps from Columbus and mostly maps from Ptolemaic Egypt. Have you seen any maps from 2000 years ago? Well let me tell you there are tons on the Mediterranean. Most look funny and not exactly to scale. Lets assume that the makers of the maps that Piri Reis used had even less skill and take it from there. Does it mean that they don't know or didn't go there... no it doesn't. It just means that they did the best with what they had at the time. 

I haven't been duped. You have ! 

Hi Risky

Sorry to let my little gag go so far Columbus was using the Voynich Manual to try and find the women on my naughty list(Santa doesn't work alone you know) the map is a decoy so you can't breach security protocols.

jmccr8

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Risky

Sorry to let my little gag go so far Columbus was using the Voynich Manual to try and find the women on my naughty list(Santa doesn't work alone you know) the map is a decoy so you can't breach security protocols.

jmccr8

 No need to apologise. I make allowances when I post on this subforum. :passifier:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

 No need to apologise. I make allowances when I post on this subforum. :passifier:

Hi Risky

I was never a nippler seeing as I always had a bottle in my hand.:D

Okay not as a baby anyway although did grow a certain fondness later in life..:whistle:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
A hopeless endeavor to correct at least one defect
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

swede lets be honest... you're intention is to shut down the thread. Its not going to happen from my end. Your friend deserved what he got. If you have any relevant questions then post them and i'll be happy to answer. 

Evasion and deflection. Pattern consistent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

Evasion and deflection. Pattern consistent.

Consistency may show that his process is operating in a stable manner. That adjustment to the process is required is a separate issue altogether.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Swede said:

Evasion and deflection. Pattern consistent.

What was it Emerson said? A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

—Jaylemurph 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

What was it Emerson said? A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

—Jaylemurph 

 

I would consider it more like the dry rasping of a demonic feline tongue compared to the rejuvenation by the holy drool our past Basset masters have endowed us with.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

Consistency may show that his process is operating in a stable manner. That adjustment to the process is required is a separate issue altogether.

 

Refusing to bow to corporeality is a insignificant victory for most but for the mentally inadequate they come to deem it as the foundational stone of their meaningless lives.

David A. Driscol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Refusing to bow to corporeality is a insignificant victory for most but for the mentally inadequate they come to deem it as the foundational stone of their meaningless lives.

David A. Driscol

More of a fan of Shewart and Demingvthan Driscoll. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

What was it Emerson said? A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

—Jaylemurph 

You're just trying to show off. In this case with spectacular backfire. Your quote is misplaced. Emerson strongly believed in individualism above all things. Thinking for one self. The quote is meant to say people that continue to treat others without change to situation are the little minds. Refusing to take in new information and including it into a new thinking, this inability is the hobgoblin. That would be you and swede. 

Egg Fu yong for you. 

 

Edited by Captain Risky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Evasion and deflection. Pattern consistent.

Look to your own fears of learning and incorporating new information as opposed to religiously defending that which has changed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2020 at 7:03 AM, Swede said:

Already read. But you do believe in replying to quoted posts, do you not?

swede... for someone that expects answers you make your position extremely unclear to the point that i can honestly call you out on being evasive and running from the argument.

Here lets try one more time. 

Question: did the U.S. airforce come to the conclusion that the Piri Reis map shows an uncanny likeness for parts of ice free Antarctica? 

Its a simple question. 

Edited by Captain Risky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@jaylemurph as a rule of thumb. When quoting it pays to learn a little about the person you're quoting from. Quoting directly because you think you can twist the quote to suit you isn't academic when you're not just crediting the source BUT more importantly the reasons behind the quote. Its a simple thing to remember and it will get you outta trouble next time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

swede... for someone that expects answers you make your position extremely unclear to the point that i can honestly call you out on being evasive and running from the argument.

Here lets try one more time. 

Question: did the U.S. airforce come to the conclusion that the Piri Reis map shows an uncanny likeness for parts of ice free Antarctica? 

Its a simple question. 

NO, the US Air Force AS A WHOLE DID NOT come to that conclusion. One representative, WHO WAS A BOMBARDIER did and his opinion in no way speaks for the entirety of the US Air Force. BTW, I am an USAF veteran and even my opinion doesn’t speak for the entirety of the US Air Force. 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

NO, the US Air Force AS A WHOLE DID NOT come to that conclusion. One representative, WHO WAS A BOMBARDIER did and his opinion in no way speaks for the entirety of the US Air Force. BTW, I am an USAF veteran and even my opinion doesn’t speak for the entirety of the US Air Force. 
 

cormac

I guess as a whole the airforce doesn't decide every facet of operation and intelligence. If thats your point then yes you are right. But thats not the case here. An expert in his field made a judgement and thats good enough. The document is signed and labelled United States Airforce and not something else.

So sorry but incorrect.Im still waiting @Swede

8 RECONNAISSANCE TECHNICAL SQUADRON (SAC)
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Westover Air Force Base
Massachusetts

Reply to Attn of RTC

6, July 1960

Subject: Admiral Piri Reis World Map

To: Prof. Charles H. Hapgood
Keene Teachers College
Keene, New Hampshire

Dear Professor Hapgood,

Your request for evaluation of certain unusual features of the Piri Reis World Map of 1513 by this organization has been reviewed.

The claim that the lower part of the map portrays the Princess Martha Coast of Queen Maud Land Antarctic and the Palmer Peninsula is reasonable. We find that this is the most logical and in all probability the correct interpretation of the map.

The geographical detail shown in the lower part of the map agrees very remarkably with the results of the Seismic profile made across the top of the ice cap by the Swedish-British-Norwegian Antarctic Expedition of 1949.

This indicates the coastline had been mapped before it was covered by the ice-cap.

The ice-cap in this region is now about a mile thick. We have no idea how the data on this map can be reconciled with the supposed state of geographical knowledge in 1513.

Harold Z. Ohlmeyer
Lt. Colonel, USAF
Commander

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

@jaylemurph as a rule of thumb. When quoting it pays to learn a little about the person you're quoting from. Quoting directly because you think you can twist the quote to suit you isn't academic when you're not just crediting the source BUT more importantly the reasons behind the quote. Its a simple thing to remember and it will get you outta trouble next time. 

I’m... not in any trouble. I mean, I want to be snarky, but it’s perfectly reasonable advice, at least for people with no developed sense of irony or humor. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

I’m... not in any trouble. I mean, I want to be snarky, but it’s perfectly reasonable advice, at least for people with no developed sense of irony or humor. 

—Jaylemurph 

Trouble no but silly, well yes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I guess as a whole the airforce doesn't decide every facet of operation and intelligence. If thats your point then yes you are right. But thats not the case here. An expert in his field made a judgement and thats good enough. The document is signed and labelled United States Airforce and not something else.

So sorry but incorrect.Im still waiting @Swede

8 RECONNAISSANCE TECHNICAL SQUADRON (SAC)
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Westover Air Force Base
Massachusetts

Reply to Attn of RTC

6, July 1960

Subject: Admiral Piri Reis World Map

To: Prof. Charles H. Hapgood
Keene Teachers College
Keene, New Hampshire

Dear Professor Hapgood,

Your request for evaluation of certain unusual features of the Piri Reis World Map of 1513 by this organization has been reviewed.

The claim that the lower part of the map portrays the Princess Martha Coast of Queen Maud Land Antarctic and the Palmer Peninsula is reasonable. We find that this is the most logical and in all probability the correct interpretation of the map.

The geographical detail shown in the lower part of the map agrees very remarkably with the results of the Seismic profile made across the top of the ice cap by the Swedish-British-Norwegian Antarctic Expedition of 1949.

This indicates the coastline had been mapped before it was covered by the ice-cap.

The ice-cap in this region is now about a mile thick. We have no idea how the data on this map can be reconciled with the supposed state of geographical knowledge in 1513.

Harold Z. Ohlmeyer
Lt. Colonel, USAF
Commander

Nope, a bombardier speaks WITH NO AUTHORITY on the subject of subglacial topography, it doesn’t matter what service they represent. THAT’S the point. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Nope, a bombardier speaks WITH NO AUTHORITY on the subject of subglacial topography, it doesn’t matter what service they represent. THAT’S the point. 
 

cormac

Its also wrong and one of the aspects of this they beat into your head was; don't make political or other statements outside of your area of responsibility - because they might be taken as an official statement.

The fact that the letter is also factual wrong cannot seem to penetrate a certain brain.Chuckle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Nope, a bombardier speaks WITH NO AUTHORITY on the subject of subglacial topography, it doesn’t matter what service they represent. THAT’S the point. 
 

cormac

Yesterday my beloved roosters beat parramatta. The roosters are in the tri colours

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommend this thread be closed and cleansed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Geez these little minded hobgoblins have no problem in misrepresenting blatant facts. Cartography is part of the job description of Commander Ohlmeyer. But because Hanslooney served in the military he thinks no one else served as well as him. No one knew more than him. Sounds familiar? 

Map making doesn’t automatically equal subglacial topography. There is no 1:1 correlation. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Map making doesn’t automatically equal subglacial topography. There is no 1:1 correlation. 
cormac

Yeah i see your point. But lets not forget the airforce have access to all sorts of u-beaut equipment to see through ice and what not. Im sure Commander Ohymeyer did a thorough job before signing off on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.