Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History Channel spanked

Facepalm. Do some think ancient theories have to be OK'ed by the political correctness rules of the year 2020?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've watched the 3 hour special of Ancient Aliens. If you mute the sound it is actually pretty good. They go around the world showing ancient relics. Everything that the narrator and guests say is obviously a joke though.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Soooo you are 100% OK with stating that any non-white civilization, could only have prospered with outside assistance?

The Britons could construct Stonehenge, but the Mayans couldn't construct pyramids?

I have never heard anyone make claims quite like that but actually if that was a serious theory of history supported by evidence (controversial of course)  then I am OK with it. You can't make history turn out the way you want it to.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harte said:

Being racist is not the same as being politically incorrect.

In order to keep your worldview sparkly, you are forced to now defend racism, apparently.

Harte

Double facepalm. Even if true history would be judged racist by modern standards I personally prefer the truth.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I have never heard anyone make claims quite like that but actually if that was a serious theory of history supported by evidence (controversial of course)  then I am OK with it. You can't make history turn out the way you want it to.

Then by all means, please show us the historical evidence (not fanciful imaginings ) that indicate that Southern American, Egyptian, Indian, African, and Chinese societies were aided by ET's or Atlanteans, or Lemurians.

You can't make history turn out the way you want it to. - papageorge1 

Nor can you pull BS theories out of your bunghole, to fit your fantasy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Facepalm. Do some think ancient theories have to be OK'ed by the political correctness rules of the year 2020?

If being against racism mean you are politically correct, you can count me in as politically correct. The more interesting question to me is why aren't you ?

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Double facepalm. Even if true history would be judged racist by modern standards I personally prefer the truth.

Your posting here through the years clearly shows that this is what Churchill called a terminological inexactitude. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I just can not understand why, if aliens traveled all the way here to help build pyramids, why did they not put some electricity in them, or at least give the workers a battery torch? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

First the History Channel stopped being the History Channel years ago. Shows like Ancient Aliens, Oak Island belong on the Cartoon Channel.  They are not serious shows, but just produced to feed the simple minded that think parking wars is real.  Having said that, I never thought about the racist point of view of pyramids couldn't be made by brown humans and had to have help as a white biased. Maybe it is. I thought it more of a way to attract very dumb viewers who already think aliens did everything and then left.  It is an interesting thought. I have seen several shows on big foot that is basically a bunch of people running around in the dark screaming like school children.  I don't think the pyramids look like they were built or designed by some advanced civilization that has achieved faster than light speed. To me it looks like something built by humans in the ancient world. So is the History channel racist or just dumb?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

No, but the theories do have to pass the “not so grossly ignorant as to be derided by a slow fifth grader” rule. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Then by all means, please show us the historical evidence (not fanciful imaginings ) that indicate that Southern American, Egyptian, Indian, African, and Chinese societies were aided by ET's or Atlanteans, or Lemurians.

You can't make history turn out the way you want it to. - papageorge1 

Nor can you pull BS theories out of your bunghole, to fit your fantasy.

Calm yourself Jodie, did I not say if the evidence suggested things that were considered racist by modern standards, then that would be OK with me. History is history. Now an endless discussion of the evidence here is not the subject of this thread. 

40 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If being against racism mean you are politically correct, you can count me in as politically correct. The more interesting question to me is why aren't you ?

Well would you go so far as to replace true history if it could be twisted into being racist with your own politically correct version? I hope you answer 'no' and that was all I was saying in this thread. If there was alien involvement then there was alien involvement. Sounds like simple sense to me. 

And not everything is a conspiracy theory. Ancient alien theory is not a conspiracy to support racism. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

No, but the theories do have to pass the “not so grossly ignorant as to be derided by a slow fifth grader” rule. 

—Jaylemurph 

Another discussion topic there.

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well would you go so far as to replace true history if it could be twisted into being racist with your own politically correct version? I hope you answer 'no' and that was all I was saying in this thread. If there was alien involvement then there was alien involvement. Sounds like simple sense to me. 

And not everything is a conspiracy theory. Ancient alien theory is not a conspiracy to support racism. 

The Ancient Aliens is fiction trying to masquerade as history. Apart from being wrong, which should be bad enough, it is also demeaning to our ancestors to say that they weren't smart enough to build the things that they made and had to have outside help. 

How would you fell if you had made something and then I came along and said it was surely aliens who did it because you weren't smart enough to do so ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Do some think ancient theories have to be OK'ed by the political correctness rules of the year 2020?

Theories, cupcake, need to have at least a semblance of evidentiary support. You, however, have consistently demonstrated that you fully embrace every fairy dust & moonshine idea out there.

The fact is that the History Channel, is looking for ratings. Didn't they, a few years back, air a show about the existence of mermaids?

Your casual dismissal of the efforts and accomplishments of primitive non-Caucasian peoples in ancient days, says a lot about your thoughts and general outlook on life.

Imagine, for a moment, that the idea that the "Romans couldn't possibly have constructed the Colosseum without help from an advanced species!

Or that, in order to construct the Hoover Dam, aliens from another world were required.

Would you feel a sense of indignation, that the achievements of our forebears was denigrated? If so, why?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Here's another of the History Channel's 'Greatest Racist Hits' when they recognized a fake Cherokee "tribe" that's on the CNO ( Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma)'s fraud list to help back the Mormon "theory?" of our origin.

https://bookofmormonevidence.org/cherokee-dna-from-history-channel-documentary/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well would you go so far as to replace true history

"True history"?

Oh, this oughta be good. But I suppose you will duck behind the cover of "a discussion not for this thread", and slink off into the shadows.

If you are insinuating that there is some eons old, world wide plot to hide the "twue history" of the world, then may I suggest that you move up to the next size in tinfoil hats? Your current one appears to be cutting off the flow of blood to your cranium.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"History" can't be racist, but there is a history of racism and it IS called racism by historians.

The idea is that only aliens could have built these things, and certainly not the ignorant, savage, brown indigenous populations.

That idea is inherently racist and that is what you're defending.

Harte

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There is no such thing as “true history.”

History is, by definition, interpretive and therefore subjective. Respectable historians explicitly acknowledge this and are transparent about their sources, methodologies and influences. 

Suggesting there’s true history is tantamount to admitting you just don’t know what your talking about /and/ that you’re willing to drag the entire field of history into disrepute because you’re too simple to understand the complexities of historiography. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5