Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Physicist proposes answer to Fermi Paradox

6 hours ago, ufoguy said:

Well there is too  much evidence of aliens and ufos. Once you've seen one its impossible to think we are alone.

There are multiple possible prosaic explanations for the Navy pilots' observations, said Seth Shostak, a senior astronomer at the SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Institute in Mountain View, California.  He pointed out, for example, that the sightings occurred off the coast, as did a similar 2004 observation unveiled in conjunction with the December 2017 stories. (That previous sighting occurred near San Diego).

Coastal regions are where you might expect to find a rival nation's advanced reconnaissance craft, Shostak said, because incursions over the continental United States would be more obvious and easily detected.  He also noted that, according to the recent Times story, the Navy pilots began spotting the UFOs after their jets' radar system was upgraded. That detail suggests the sightings might stem from some sort of software bug or instrument issue, he said.

https://www.space.com/ufos-real-but-not-alien-spaceships.html

I dont think there is just one explanation for the UFOs these guys reported, there is most likely a number of real and not so real "targets". I also think that whatever said UFO really was, ET has to be at the bottom of a very long list...

10 hours ago, ufoguy said:

First off both radar operators and pilots confirmed the same sighting. Another thing, why would anyone fake photo of a real event? doesnt make sense.  The Photos are accurate to me as far as what happened on that day.

You see, people fake photos of fake events. Does that make sense to you?

Well there is too  much evidence of aliens and ufos. Once you've seen one its impossible to think we are alone

There is no evidence of extraterrestrial life. All we have are dots and splotches that people want to believe are incredible extraterrestrial spacecraft from beyond the Moon.

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

There is no evidence of extraterrestrial life. All we have are dots and splotches that people want to believe are incredible extraterrestrial spacecraft from beyond the Moon.

There is mountain of evidence. You just gotta know were to look.

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

You see, people fake photos of fake events. Does that make sense to you?

No buddy real events real witnesses

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 4:52 PM, Autochthon1990 said:

I'm still personally offended that Aliens travel thousands of light years, to come all the way to our planet, and probe the **** out of our backsides. Are we like the Alien version of third world sex tourism spots? 

Well we catch animals an study them. Its not surprising the same thing is being done to us

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ufoguy said:

Well we catch animals an study them. Its not surprising the same thing is being done to us

I have no idea if you are being serious now or just trolling! :lol: 

We have nothing here but an idea about what these observations and tall tales might represent. You thinks its clear evidence of fact. I dont.

Its certainly interesting to discuss the hypothesis, but to listen to someone insist that aliens are here, based upon these cases you keep posting, is ridiculous.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hazzard said:

I have no idea if you are being serious now or just trolling! :lol: 

We have nothing here but an idea about what these observations and tall tales might represent. You thinks its clear evidence of fact. I dont.

Its certainly interesting to discuss the hypothesis, but to listen to someone insist that aliens are here, based upon these cases you keep posting, is ridiculous.

You are in denial despite credible military and air force pilot sightings and actual video evidence. Oh and Im very serious about this topic.

Edited by ufoguy

6 hours ago, ufoguy said:

No buddy real events real witnesses

So you have not yet learned that the UFO business (emphasis on business) is full of hoaxes and people making money by lying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ufoguy said:

You are in denial despite credible military and air force pilot sightings and actual video evidence. Oh and Im very serious about this topic.

Did you not see the part that said, "Project Blue Book produced no compelling evidence that extraterrestrial craft occupied U.S. airspace"? Hynek also had no evidence but he made a lot of money writing UFO books in the 1970s.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, astrobeing said:

So you have not yet learned that the UFO business (emphasis on business) is full of hoaxes and people making money by lying.

i'm a ufo witness and im not lying and I dont get paid to tell people about what i saw.

1 minute ago, ufoguy said:

i'm a ufo witness and im not lying and I dont get paid to tell people about what i saw.

So what? I have also seen two UFO's.

Did you not see the part that said, "Project Blue Book produced no compelling evidence that extraterrestrial craft occupied U.S. airspace"? Hynek also had no evidence but he made a lot of money writing UFO books in the 1970s.

Hynek  went from skeptic to a believer. Why? because he couldnt dismiss some of the cases that had very credible witnesses, like local police and air pilots.
Project blue book was none other than a debunking group that was told to just dismiss ufo sightings as swamp gas or high flying birds. They were just trying make the public think that there was nothing to it. Some Military and government officials  knows that some ufos are alien.

Hynek  went from skeptic to a believer. Why? because he couldnt dismiss some of the cases that had very credible witnesses, like local police and air pilots.

And why didn't the dozens of other people on Project Blue who saw the very same evidence also become believers?

And why didn't the dozens of other people on Project Blue who saw the very same evidence also become believers?

They are believers. They were just doing their jobs as de bunkers thats all.

They are believers. They were just doing their jobs as de bunkers thats all.

No they weren't.

I suggest that you read up on the scientific method.

All your videos and old documents (your evidence) shows only unidentified flying objects, you dont have the data to say where said object came from. That is what you are not understanding. That is why you may want to take some general classes about science, learn what your data does and does not tell you. You make a huge assumption then pass it off as fact.

In the real world we need data so we dont need to make leaps of faith or use intuitive logic to understand the meaning of our data. The scientific method is not a tool to prove your preconceived notions. It is a way to empirically collect and analyze data. Im sorry you do not know this.

You keep saying that  and that there are people in the military, government, and scientist that "knows" they are here...

If evidence showed a UFOs origin they would not be called "unidentified flying objects" they would be called extraterrestrial flying objects or identified flying objects. They are not. Any government official who says, "Well we dont know what the object is so it must be ET in origin" is stating his OPINION. The instruments in a fighterjet, radar/FLIR etc shows an object that is unidentified, thats it... it does not show the objects place of origin.

That is the best your "evidence" can prove, an unidentified object, beyond that you are speculating on its origin. And in your case, you use a logical fallacy to get there. That though is beside the point. I am not sure how to make this anymore clear for you.

Its painfully obvious to everyone here that you can not tell the difference between evidence and opinion.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hazzard said:
I suggest that you read up on the scientific method.

All your videos and old documents (your evidence) shows only unidentified flying objects, you dont have the data to say where said object came from. That is what you are not understanding. That is why you may want to take some general classes about science, learn what your data does and does not tell you. You make a huge assumption then pass it off as fact.

In the real world we need data so we dont need to make leaps of faith or use intuitive logic to understand the meaning of our data. The scientific method is not a tool to prove your preconceived notions. It is a way to empirically collect and analyze data. Im sorry you do not know this.

You keep saying that  and that there are people in the military, government, and scientist that "knows" they are here...

If evidence showed a UFOs origin they would not be called "unidentified flying objects" they would be called extraterrestrial flying objects or identified flying objects. They are not. Any government official who says, "Well we dont know what the object is so it must be ET in origin" is stating his OPINION. The instruments in a fighterjet, radar/FLIR etc shows an object that is unidentified, thats it... it does not show the objects place of origin.

That is the best your "evidence" can prove, an unidentified object, beyond that you are speculating on its origin. And in your case, you use a logical fallacy to get there. That though is beside the point. I am not sure how to make this anymore clear for you.

Its painfully obvious to everyone here that you can not tell the difference between evidence and opinion.

1: First off there is scientific data on ufos. enough data to come to the same conclusion as everyone else.

2: They are called ufos because you have to compare the descriptions of these crafts, size, shape, flight characteristics etc to any known aircrafts we have on this planet. If the descriptions of these craft do not match, they are considered unidentified.

1 hour ago, ufoguy said:

1: First off there is scientific data on ufos. enough data to come to the same conclusion as everyone else.

2: They are called ufos because you have to compare the descriptions of these crafts, size, shape, flight characteristics etc to any known aircrafts we have on this planet. If the descriptions of these craft do not match, they are considered unidentified.

1.  "As everyone else" :lol:... But ok, sounds good. Lets take a look this "scientific data" of yours!... A link would do just fine.

2. Did you know that eyewitness testimony is the least credible form of evidence there is?

Edited by Hazzard

15 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Well, now that Bob lazar footage has been introduced as "evidence" that seals it! LoL:lol:

Indeed :D

Im beginning to think that this is an exercise in futility and that we are not dealing with a "normal" believer here.

Based on his previous posts and youtube links Id say we are dealing with some 12 year old kid who loves sci-fi a little to much. 

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hazzard said:

1.  "As everyone else" :lol:... But ok, sounds good. Lets take a look this "scientific data" of yours!... A link would do just fine.

2. Did you know that eyewitness testimony is the least credible form of evidence there is?

I know.

Videos are the best evidence

https://tommytoy.typepad.com/tommy-toy-pbt-consultin/2012/01/bob-lazar-stated-that-the-sport-model-flying-disc-amplified-the-strong-nuclear-force-of-element-115-ununpentium.html

https://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-spots-biggest-ufo-exiting-sun-traveling-light-speed-2803324

15 hours ago, Trelane said:

Well, now that Bob lazar footage has been introduced as "evidence" that seals it! LoL:lol:

I believe bob lazar and his claim that element 115 is these ufos energy source. How he explains it is pretty scientific to me

On 7/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, ufoguy said:

Well there is too  much evidence of aliens and ufos. Once you've seen one its impossible to think we are alone.

So much evidence of aliens you can't list any.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

So much evidence of aliens you can't list any.

1: Video

2: Abductions

3: Implants

4: Documents

5: Moon

6: Ancient cave art

7: Petroglyphs

8: Geoglyphs

9: Hieroglyph

10: Local legends

11: Bible

12: Area S4 (thats few miles from area 51)

13: Ancient story of the Anunnaki

14: Stories about Vimanas in the hindu text

15: Dogon tribe about how they knew about Sirius system

• Haha 4