Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forrest Fenn treasure chest finally found

Still Waters

On 9/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, Silver_Raven said:

The fact that more people are focusing on the debate of "is it a hoax," rather on what the article was really about, the death of Forrest Fenn, just reaffirms my lack of faith in humanity. Whether it was a hoax or not, he gave people a reason to explore and encouraged the adventurous spirit that led to humanity's greatest achievements, minus the genocide/slavery aspect that came with those accomplishments. Most people don't have the chance to go on any real adventure in their lifetime, and the few unexplored regions of the earth are either very inhospitable, or inaccessible to the vast majority of people due to lack of resources, or both.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, Silver_Raven said:

The fact that more people are focusing on the debate of "is it a hoax," rather on what the article was really about, the death of Forrest Fenn, just reaffirms my lack of faith in humanity. Whether it was a hoax or not, he gave people a reason to explore and encouraged the adventurous spirit that led to humanity's greatest achievements, minus the genocide/slavery aspect that came with those accomplishments. Most people don't have the chance to go on any real adventure in their lifetime, and the few unexplored regions of the earth are either very inhospitable, or inaccessible to the vast majority of people due to lack of resources, or both.

There's a big difference between hiking (adventurous spirit) and looking for money. Completely different. Most don't take the same safety precautions.  Fantasizing about millions buried close by. 

Fenn announces this right before death? Huge red flag. No names, location, pictures, proof. Nothing but vague statement. I haven't lost faith in humanity, just him. Look up his background. For one, he was raided by the feds. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have a new thread about this.

• The topic was locked