Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Forrest Fenn treasure chest finally found

27 posts in this topic

tortugabob

This is what I think has happened.  Forrest Fenn knew he was nearing the end of his life.  He also knew that several people had been killed looking for the treasure. I think that Fenn felt somewhat responsible.  I believe he wanted the search to stop because he didn't want to feel like he was responsible for any more deaths.  Therefore 1) Either he removed the treasure himself claiming someone had found it or 2) It's still out there.  By claiming someone had found it people would stop looking for it. Unless someone comes out and shows us the swag it's still out there waiting.   Don't, Stop! .......Believin!  Ohh ohh ohh oh oh.oh oh oh...............  

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1

Bed of chaos
On 9/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, Silver_Raven said:

The fact that more people are focusing on the debate of "is it a hoax," rather on what the article was really about, the death of Forrest Fenn, just reaffirms my lack of faith in humanity. Whether it was a hoax or not, he gave people a reason to explore and encouraged the adventurous spirit that led to humanity's greatest achievements, minus the genocide/slavery aspect that came with those accomplishments. Most people don't have the chance to go on any real adventure in their lifetime, and the few unexplored regions of the earth are either very inhospitable, or inaccessible to the vast majority of people due to lack of resources, or both.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, Silver_Raven said:

The fact that more people are focusing on the debate of "is it a hoax," rather on what the article was really about, the death of Forrest Fenn, just reaffirms my lack of faith in humanity. Whether it was a hoax or not, he gave people a reason to explore and encouraged the adventurous spirit that led to humanity's greatest achievements, minus the genocide/slavery aspect that came with those accomplishments. Most people don't have the chance to go on any real adventure in their lifetime, and the few unexplored regions of the earth are either very inhospitable, or inaccessible to the vast majority of people due to lack of resources, or both.

There's a big difference between hiking (adventurous spirit) and looking for money. Completely different. Most don't take the same safety precautions.  Fantasizing about millions buried close by. 

Fenn announces this right before death? Huge red flag. No names, location, pictures, proof. Nothing but vague statement. I haven't lost faith in humanity, just him. Look up his background. For one, he was raided by the feds.