Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Zealand wipes out COVID-19

Still Waters

Now NZ has to wait for the rest of the world to eliminate the virus from circulating in the global population

~

• Like 5

Well that's a shame, I was hoping to go there as a refugee. I got the boat ready.

• Like 2

"Wipes Out" - until the next time it comes round.

2022 Prediction

nzn1.png

Well done NZ we are all very jealous of you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I bet don wishes he had done 1/2 that good

• Like 2

While a number of countries have already ended the pandemic before NZ, NZ has a decent sized population, while St Kitts and Nevis really are not comparable (for example).  It is quite an achievement.  I am also pleased that my home-away-from-home, Australia is down to a very small number of active cases.  New Zealand has every right to feel proud of this achievement, and in general about how they tend to be a very decent country that normally "punches well above its weight" in the international community on a great many issues.  Well done Kiwis!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

I bet don wishes he had done 1/2 that good

Nope, in his own mind he has done 10 times better already.  No soft spoken empathetic woman could ever challenge his virile dominance as a leader..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine that. Way to go NZ! You proved to the world it can be done.:clap:

• Like 2

Good now she can get back to what is important, destroy her economy!

:rolleyes:

Latest:

New Zealand ends Covid-free run with two cases from UK

New Zealand has recorded its first new cases of coronavirus for 24 days after two women who arrived in the country from Britain were found to be infected.

The pair were released early from government quarantine and permitted to drive from the city of Auckland to Wellington, the capital – nearly 650km away – before being diagnosed or even tested, health officials said.

Their trip was an approved exemption from the mandatory isolation period for new arrivals to the country in order to visit a dying parent. The women had “done everything right” and had not put other members of the public at risk, said Ashley Bloomfield, New Zealand’s director-general of health, on Tuesday.

But the news of the women’s travel forced the government to suspend its policy of granting compassionate exemptions to its quarantine rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/16/new-zealand-records-first-new-covid-19-cases-after-women-arrive-from-uk-carrying-virus

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 2:17 AM, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

We can achieve the same success in the US if people will get serious and stop listening to the idiot in the White House.  Here is what could hurt us and possibly cause Covid 19 to be in the US for many years if only about half of Americans say they would take the vaccine:

https://www.popsci.com/story/health/covid-19-vaccine-poll/

I for one will take it if it's proven to be safe and effective.  I already take the yearly Flu vaccine and will the Covid 19.

Edited by Dustyrose33

20 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

We can achieve the same success in the US if people will get serious and stop listening to the idiot in the White House.

So, are you one of the ones not listening to the health professionals and went out to protest? I don't know anyone who gets medical advice from the White House. Guidelines were put out fairly early on from medical professionals. We get information from our local health departments or personal physicians.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So, are you one of the ones not listening to the health professionals and went out to protest? I don't know anyone who gets medical advice from the White House. Guidelines were put out fairly early on from medical professionals. We get information from our local health departments or personal physicians.

You totally misunderstood me.   I was referring to listening to the medical professionals and not listening to Trump blow off about this not being serious.  No, I'm not one of the protesters.   I'm all for wearing masks, etc.

15 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

You totally misunderstood me.   I was referring to listening to the medical professionals and not listening to Trump blow off about this not being serious.  No, I'm not one of the protesters.   I'm all for wearing masks, etc.

I think it's totally misguided to lay the blame on Trump and his supporters. I live in a heavily Republican area and most of the people I see not wearing a mask are the "**** Trump" crowd and protesters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I think it's totally misguided to lay the blame on Trump and his supporters. I live in a heavily Republican area and most of the people I see not wearing a mask are the "**** Trump" crowd and protesters.

Nothing misguided at all, as the blame goes to Trump.   Trump is going to have the blood of many people on his hands.  He made the remark 99% of Covid 19 is totally harmless, which is NOT TRUE.   Let him tell that face to face to those sick and family members who have lost loved ones to Covid.   Much of the blame indeed goes to Trump.   I'm not sure you have a good understanding of the conversation.

Edited by Dustyrose33

3 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

He made the remark 99% of Covid 19 is totally harmless, which is NOT TRUE. 

Technically the death rate is .6 percent.

Of course if you account for complications and not just death the percentage would be higher. So "totally harmless" would be wrong at 99 percent. 

I haven't seen anyone put together the stats for complications yet. I'm curious what it would be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I'm not sure you have a good understanding of the conversation.

I most certainly do. I'm just not looking for a scapegoat to lay all the blame on.

If I were, Pelosi was playing down the Covid virus while Trump was trying to stop flights from China. She called him a racist.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made a point of taking a walk through San Francisco's Chinatown on Monday to show that it is safe, after some merchants have seen a 50% drop in business as some fear they could be exposed to the coronavirus.

cont...

https://abc7news.com/sf-chinatown-pelosi-san-francisco-coronavirus-fears/5964696/

• Like 3

On 6/8/2020 at 10:47 AM, Still Waters said:

New Zealand has successfully wiped out coronavirus after the final person known to have been infected recovered.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said she was confident the country had halted the spread of COVID-19, but said it would "almost certainly" see more cases in the future.

"We are confident we have eliminated transmission of the virus in New Zealand for now, but elimination is not a point in time, it is a sustained effort," she told a news conference.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-zealand-wipes-out-covid-19-after-last-persoetter prepared n-infected-recovers-12002632

It's inspiring and encouraging to know that this thing can be beat.  Even still the Prime Minister of New Zealand says she is sure they will see more cases in the future, at least the people there got serious and will be better prepared when new cases do show up.   The US can achieve the same thing if we try.

https://news.fiu.edu/2020/the-pandemic-roadmap-how-new-zealand-beat-covid-19

Really? You think being hospitalized on a ventilator is a joy trip?

That's insanity, or, as they said, the "invincibilty complex"

Try being part of the solution.

12 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

It's inspiring and encouraging to know that this thing can be beat.  Even still the Prime Minister of New Zealand says she is sure they will see more cases in the future, at least the people there got serious and will be better prepared when new cases do show up.   The US can achieve the same thing if we try.

https://news.fiu.edu/2020/the-pandemic-roadmap-how-new-zealand-beat-covid-19

Sadly, that is no longer a possibility with regards to Covid-19 in the USA.  It is everywhere now because the health advisories and quarantine measures that were needed early in the pandemic were never issued by the Federal Government because our POTUS works for Russia, and is likely receiving a bounty for every dead US citizen.  I say this because I cannot otherwise fathom the incompetence he has displayed in handling this situation.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 6:15 AM, Alchopwn said:

Sadly, that is no longer a possibility with regards to Covid-19 in the USA.  It is everywhere now because the health advisories and quarantine measures that were needed early in the pandemic were never issued by the Federal Government because our POTUS works for Russia, and is likely receiving a bounty for every dead US citizen.  I say this because I cannot otherwise fathom the incompetence he has displayed in handling this situation.

I read an article this evening that stated 17 States had reported a decrease in cases, but they were not all named.   Perhaps a vaccine will be out before a second wave hits.    California, Arizona, Texas and Florida remain hit hard.  I wish we were like New Zealand, they have all but eradicated it for now.

nz has population of around 5mil, in a country of 100k square miles,  which is an island and has very strict immigration regulations,   that is half of population of my city, in an area 300 times larger,    hey i build communism that works, in a family of 5, so i guess it must work on larger scale, right?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

New Zealand showed the world any country has the ability to eliminate or eradicated an infectious disease outbreak from their environment, but remember when NZ PM Jacinda Ardern was criticized for having her baby girl while she's serving her first term? It's so ironic the world's lone superpower: the USA showed it's weakness to the whole world, we're tied with Brazil in the increased severity of the COVID pandemic, what New Zealand has is leadership, planning and strategy the USA doesn't really have (on the national or federal level). COVID-19 is a hard to treat disease as well to contain, a country able to do that in their own jurisdiction is indeed a miracle.  

Edited by Solipsi Rai
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1